Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Overall activity: 0%

Quote Originally Posted by whitefiretiger View Post
    Oh yea. On that note I use more than 1gb before I get throttled. The one night I was tethered and did almost 2gb download before my speed dropped to about half of normal then two days later and no idea how much data use later it dropped down so slow I nearly wasn't able to check my hotmail
    Swyped from my Cricket Droid os 2.3.4 using Tapatalk
    Yeah, I think I've used more than 1 GB too before getting throttled. It seems like it takes them a few days to do it. I just got throttled yesterday (or the day before.. I'm not sure..). It's annoying. I could understand if there were a lot of people on the network here and I was slowing them down, but I'm not! I've been getting OVER 1.4 Mbps in one location recently. I'm like the only one using data in that area. And now I'm stuck getting 100 kbps speeds. It's upsetting.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Phone
    EVO 4G Cricket

Quote Originally Posted by avenue View Post
    Yeah, I think I've used more than 1 GB too before getting throttled. It seems like it takes them a few days to do it. I just got throttled yesterday (or the day before.. I'm not sure..). It's annoying. I could understand if there were a lot of people on the network here and I was slowing them down, but I'm not! I've been getting OVER 1.4 Mbps in one location recently. I'm like the only one using data in that area. And now I'm stuck getting 100 kbps speeds. It's upsetting.
    Ouch thats got to hurt. Better than my throttled 50kbps tho

Quote Originally Posted by whitefiretiger View Post
    Ouch thats got to hurt. Better than my throttled 50kbps tho

50 kbps?!? Wow!

Do you still use a lot of data even when you're throttled? I know I do.. It doesn't really stop me from using data, all it does is get me upset with Cricket. I'd be happier if they didn't have throttling or if it was revised.

Phone
    EVO 4G Cricket

Quote Originally Posted by avenue View Post
    50 kbps?!? Wow!

Do you still use a lot of data even when you're throttled? I know I do.. It doesn't really stop me from using data, all it does is get me upset with Cricket. I'd be happier if they didn't have throttling or if it was revised.
    I try to keep going but its hard at the speed I get dropped to

Phone
    Curve 8330

Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    Crickets business model is built from the ground up on offering unlimited minutes. Why the hell would they offer minute plans? This would require a retooling of the financial system within the company to allow for cost calculations by the minute. i.e. how much is this customer costing each month only using 500 minutes. Thats the way the big four do things and thats why they cant or wont offer inexpensive unlimited plans. Their financial model is based on billing for each minute. Cricket would be utterly crazy to do this.

So true, they would see a big drop in sales

Phone
    Curve 8330

Cricket wants to be "like" the big 3, but not so much that it makes them just like them, Cricket gets sales from people being tired of the big 3 and wanting a change, if they change then they will have to compete with the big 3 and they cant right now because their phone and service aren't on the level of others.I remember when Cricket first came out, they didn't have long distance, so i didn't sign up because of family living 1000 miles away, but as soon as they got long distance i was through with Sprint and 200 dollar a month phone bills. I have 3 lines with Cricket and don't pay that much.For normal everyday Americans, who are looking to save money wherever they can and get the most out of it......Cricket is the way to go.....Boost service sucks-Metro pc isn't any better than Cricket-

Phone
    LG Optimus C

I'm thinking of quiting Cricket and going with Virgin Mobile. I never got my $50 dollar rebate, and since they double charged my credit card for $60 dollars, three days apart, I disputed the extra charge and Cricket refused to pay back the money. So it became a small claims court matter and at the last minute, Cricket dropped their claim and paid my money back. But as a punishment, they will no longer except my credit card. Personally guys, I'm having all sorts of problems this past week and I'm about to call it quits with Cricket.
    Last edited by Hexley; 07-10-2011 at 06:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bears Fan View Post
    So true, they would see a big drop in sales
    Why would they lose sales?

Think about this: You go to Cricket's website, and you're brought to this page. The left half has voice. You have two options. You can choose Unlimited Plans or Minute Plans. The right half of the page is for broadband. You then choose what you want.

If you choose unlimited, the plans will be the same as they are for now. If you choose limit minute plans you'll see plans similar to Virgin Mobile. For example, $30/month for 500 minutes, unlimited web, and unlimited messaging. $40/month for 750 minutes, unlimited web, and unlimited message, and $50/month for 1,250 minutes, unlimited web, and unlimited messaging. If you choose broadband, the plans will be the same as they are now.

Now, that's just a rough setup there. I'd need to do a lot more thinking to come up with better plans.

My point is: I don't think that would take away from anything. Sure, some unlimited customers might choose minute plans, but I think the new minute plans would far outweigh any loss. By having minute plans, there will be a whole new set of people that would want to become Cricket customers.

Phone
    LG Optimus C

Personally I would love if they offered similar plans as Virgin Mobile. I almost went with VM but I do not like Sprint. And the coverage sucks here (Cincinnati). I only use an average of 150 minutes of talk time each month. So having tiered minute plans with unlimited text and data would be AWESOME!

Overall activity: 2.0%
    Phone
    huawei ascend

id love to see that cuzz i rarely talk on the phone im always txtin or msgin lol

Phone
    EVO 4G Cricket

Quote Originally Posted by blankiss View Post
    id love to see that cuzz i rarely talk on the phone im always txtin or msgin lol
    Lol I love that almost nobody talks on there phones; seems like such a waste to me. I almost never text and never really have. In general to me if its important enough to bother me with before you see me then just call me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information