Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Jumpmaster
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Article: Tethering fee... Yes it can suck but...

Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

2. Remove this advertisement.

Phone
    LG Optimus C

That's Not the most accurate comparison, and that's the same EXCUSE that all companies give in order to make up extra fees just to make extra money off the consumers. If their infrastructure was that bad the system would'vewent down long ago and if it is that bad they should probably upgrade it. Same goes for other companies with their pointless data overage charges and data caps. As time goes on average data usage will just become greater and greater as smart phones (and non-smartphones) advance, the quality of the web becomes greater and more feature-filled and as our lives become more connected to the Internet, data caps and extra fees like this only hinder that progress.

While you have to think of the companies, you also have to think of the consumers as well and the overall practicality of the fee.
    Last edited by funnyboy243; 05-18-2012 at 04:40 AM.

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Quote Originally Posted by funnyboy243 View Post
    That's Not the most accurate comparison, and that's the same EXCUSE that all companies give in order to make up extra fees just to make extra money off the consumers. If their infrastructure was that bad the system would'vewent down long ago and if it is that bad they should probably upgrade it. Same goes for other companies with their pointless data overage charges and data caps. As time goes on average data usage will just become greater and greater as smart phones (and non-smartphones) advance, the quality of the web becomes greater and more feature-filled and as our lives become more connected to the Internet, data caps and extra fees like this only hinder that progress.

While you have to think of the companies, you also have to think of the consumers as well and the overall practicality of the fee.
    So what type of business do you run that gives you such insight? Rhetorical question. I'd bet money you dont run a business. But lets analyze what youve said.

That's Not the most accurate comparison, and that's the same EXCUSE that all companies give in order to make up extra fees just to make extra money off the consumers.
    Excuse? Offering more products to a customer generally incurs more fees. And if it doesn't so what? The point of a business is generally to make profit. If you ran a business would you make what you could when you could or would you give everything away?
    If their infrastructure was that bad the system would've
    went down long ago and if it is that bad they should probably upgrade it.
    So you reaize the infrastructure had to be built right? Hve you ever built a cellular network? Spendy they are. Have you ever upgraded the same network to the newest technology? Spendy again. You realize that the infrastructure isn't free right. There is no infrastructure fairy. Customers want the latest features, capacity, speed etc. Someone has to pay for this.
    Same goes for other companies with their pointless data overage charges and data caps
    Pointless to you perhaps, but to the company involved the point is to PAY for the extra things you want. Example: You go to the bakery and buy a dozen donuts. Say you pay $6 for this dozen. Now lets say you decide you actually want or need 14 donuts. Would the bakery just give you two more or would they charge you for two more? My experience as both a consumer and a business owner says, they'll charge for them in almost all cases. Why? because there was a cost to produce them. Just like there is a cost to provide the network you use on your phone.
    As time goes on average data usage will just become greater and greater as smart phones (and non-smartphones) advance, the quality of the web becomes greater and more feature-filled and as our lives become more connected to the Internet, data caps and extra fees like this only hinder that progress.
    Favorite part of your post because it shows a serious lack on knowledge, sense, expertise etc. Hinders the progress? The fees help fund that progress. Where the hell you think the money to pay for this progress comes from? I am sorry for saying this but wow, how dumb can you be? Do you think the food at the grocery store just appears there by magic too? OMG Please tell me your post was a joke and you dont really mean what you said.

And I am not trying to be mean or insulting, I just dont get how some people perceive reality is such a way. Nothing is free and profit is not a dirty word.
    ** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

Overall activity: 2.0%

Woof- Well said, if people did not abuse data there would be no trouble. Tethering is the worst thing ever for wireless system, it uses way more data and has little profit. People need to be happy with what cricket has to offer. Go to verizon and ask them what they charge for unlimited calling and texting with 2gb of internet. Its 3 times as much.

Phone
    LG Optimus C

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    So what type of business do you run that gives you such insight? Rhetorical question. I'd bet money you dont run a business. But lets analyze what youve said.

Excuse? Offering more products to a customer generally incurs more fees. And if it doesn't so what? The point of a business is generally to make profit. If you ran a business would you make what you could when you could or would you give everything away?
    So you reaize the infrastructure had to be built right? Hve you ever built a cellular network? Spendy they are. Have you ever upgraded the same network to the newest technology? Spendy again. You realize that the infrastructure isn't free right. There is no infrastructure fairy. Customers want the latest features, capacity, speed etc. Someone has to pay for this.
    Pointless to you perhaps, but to the company involved the point is to PAY for the extra things you want. Example: You go to the bakery and buy a dozen donuts. Say you pay $6 for this dozen. Now lets say you decide you actually want or need 14 donuts. Would the bakery just give you two more or would they charge you for two more? My experience as both a consumer and a business owner says, they'll charge for them in almost all cases. Why? because there was a cost to produce them. Just like there is a cost to provide the network you use on your phone.
    Favorite part of your post because it shows a serious lack on knowledge, sense, expertise etc. Hinders the progress? The fees help fund that progress. Where the hell you think the money to pay for this progress comes from? I am sorry for saying this but wow, how dumb can you be? Do you think the food at the grocery store just appears there by magic too? OMG Please tell me your post was a joke and you dont really mean what you said.

And I am not trying to be mean or insulting, I just dont get how some people perceive reality is such a way. Nothing is free and profit is not a dirty word.
    I guess you're just another dumb, greedy person like a lot of people who don't totally understand consumers (or even how to fully read and understand others)... Consumers don't like extra fees and other crap slapped in their faces, and while I don't know their exact network predicament, and I highly doubt you do either unless you're trying to tell me you work on Cricket's network or something, though I still doubt if it's as bad as they (and you) want to claim it is. Companies have to make money and the infrastructure does cost money, but they don't necessarily need to add a bunch of fees to make the money. You do know they make money from people subscribing to their services and making other purchases from them, or are you trying to tell me they run their products services at a loss? OMG LOL! There's making money and there's being greedy and consumers do not like corporate greed and corporate greed and have adverse effects to the company such as many people cutting their service, and that's not good. That's why keeping everything reasonable for both the consumer and company is the best. Maybe you should try to understand that a little more instead of supporting whatever copped out excuse any company gives for their pointlessly tacked-on fees or other forms of greed that many consumers don't like.

Also if you're going try to pretend like you're a "smart" person who supposedly has "knowledge, sense, expertise, etc." at least try to not twist my statements into something completely different than what it actually is because your idiotic statements like "Do you think the food at the grocery store just appears there by magic too?" have no relation to my statements (at least in the real world where you seem to not live in...) as I never said that everything should be free and I know everything costs money and companies need to make money. How dumb and delusional can you be to somehow get that from my statements? I'm guessing very.

Here's an idiotic statement created twisting you're words similar to how you twisted mine:
    I guess all companies should just outrageously raise their prices to like $5000/month and come out with ridiculously stupid fees like how about a $5 fee if you dial a number that's not in service or how about a .25 fee for turning on your phone. They can make loads of money, and have to make money after all so who the hell cares if consumers can't afford it! More money is more money!! Do you think that is a good idea? Lol OMG now that's hilarious twisting words in a similarly stupid way as you did with mine. Now that's the real joke, like your post.

Example: You go to the bakery and buy a dozen donuts. Say you pay $6 for this dozen. Now lets say you decide you actually want or need 14 donuts. Would the bakery just give you two more or would they charge you for two more? My experience as both a consumer and a business owner says, they'll charge for them in almost all cases. Why? because there was a cost to produce them. Just like there is a cost to provide the network you use on your phone.
    Bad example as it is irrelevant to the points I was making in my post...I never said companies should just give away product as a loss.

Though using your "logic" with another example: How about they one day charge a pointless $.50 icing fee for doughnuts with icing or make you pay an extra $.25 because one doughnut is slightly bigger than the rest or how about a $1.75 freshness fee for doughnuts less than 2 hours old? Would the consumers like this? NO. Many people would stop buying doughnuts from them and go to another bakery. Why? Because they wouldn't want to deal with the pointless fees they'd have to pay and waste their hard-earned money on. Though, I'm guessing you'd agree with those ridiculous fees and make a failing attempt to shoot anyone down who disagrees with you and say nonsense like "blah blah the fees help make the bakery better blah blah your so dumb and im so smart blah blah..."

I just dont get how some people perceive reality is such a way.
    Yeah, you just don't get how people percieve reality as it is and how you seem to percieve reality in some other form of reality that you have made up in your mind. Seriously, get with the whole reality of it.

Also I know profit is not a dirty word but greed is. You know?
    I suggest try reading my post again, if you still don't understand fully then there's no reason to go any further because I don't feel like arguing with pseudo-smart people about nonsense. Though, you did give me a laugh and I hope you find the statement I created using the same word-twisting method you have used funny as well.

Last edited by funnyboy243; 05-18-2012 at 05:03 AM.

Thread Information