Sign Up Now FAQ
Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

 
Welcome to Cricket Users!



Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20
  1. #1
    Jumpmaster
    Points: 2,456,084, Level: 100
    Overall activity: 0%
    Chris Rodriguez's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 456
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    4,421
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5



    Article: WiFi File Explorer Pro (Amazon Free App of the Day)

    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

    If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

  2. Remove this advertisement.
  3. #2
    Verified Developer
    Points: 3,291, Level: 35
    Overall activity: 0%
    PlayfulGod's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 20
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    NW Georgia
    Posts
    355



    Great App for those who dont have it yet. Unfortunately Amazon rips off the dev's with the free app of the day and quadruples the support for said apps. :\

  4. #3
    Senior Member
    Points: 10,804, Level: 68
    Overall activity: 0%
    Woof's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 60
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Right here!
    Posts
    2,039
    Phone
    HTC Evo 3D



    Just downloaded this. Really cool. Easily worth the $1.49 price.
    ** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

    Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

  5. #4
    Senior Member
    Points: 51,481, Level: 100
    Overall activity: 0%
    avenue's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 51
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    2,805



    Quote Originally Posted by PlayfulGod View Post
    Great App for those who dont have it yet. Unfortunately Amazon rips off the dev's with the free app of the day and quadruples the support for said apps. :\
    How does Amazon give them away for free? I was thinking Amazon got a discounted price for them. If they do, how does it matter if it's given away for free or not?

  6. #5
    Phone Whore(;
    Points: 403,471, Level: 100
    Overall activity: 0%
    knewsom32's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 35
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    588
    Phone
    Apple iPhone 5



    I found this really cool. Ahaha.
    *Please PM me ONLY if you have posted in the forum, and I have not replied. Thank you.*

    Wanna know how I became a SuperMod?? I got engaged to the creator of the site. (;

    Find devices to flash to Cricket here (refine the search to find the phone model you desire).
    Feel free to donate so we can get more devices to write tutorials on!
    GreenK45 - Automatic proxy setup (u2nl/autostart) for Android flashed phone users on the $45 plan. Now available on the Android Market!

  7. #6
    Verified Developer
    Points: 3,291, Level: 35
    Overall activity: 0%
    PlayfulGod's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 20
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    NW Georgia
    Posts
    355



    Quote Originally Posted by avenue View Post
    How does Amazon give them away for free? I was thinking Amazon got a discounted price for them. If they do, how does it matter if it's given away for free or not?
    Dev's have to pay to have their apps on Amazon just like on the android market. And if a dev sets a price said app and Amazon gives it away for free for a day the dev doesnt get jack for the thousands of downloads the free app of the day gets. but then then get thousands of support emails about said app ppl got for free. Amazon doesnt compensate the Dev's for the lost revenue. Now grant it, the dev might have not sell big #'s on an avg day but what he does sell he supports. Make sense? lol think I lost myself in all that some place lol

  8. #7
    Senior Member
    Points: 51,481, Level: 100
    Overall activity: 0%
    avenue's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 51
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    2,805



    Quote Originally Posted by PlayfulGod View Post
    Dev's have to pay to have their apps on Amazon just like on the android market. And if a dev sets a price said app and Amazon gives it away for free for a day the dev doesnt get jack for the thousands of downloads the free app of the day gets. but then then get thousands of support emails about said app ppl got for free. Amazon doesnt compensate the Dev's for the lost revenue. Now grant it, the dev might have not sell big #'s on an avg day but what he does sell he supports. Make sense? lol think I lost myself in all that some place lol
    That's not right. I don't think they should do that. Do the developers need to give support to the people that got it for free?

    I really thought Amazon just got a percentage of the sale. I didn't think they could give them away for free.

  9. #8
    Verified Developer
    Points: 3,291, Level: 35
    Overall activity: 0%
    PlayfulGod's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 20
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    NW Georgia
    Posts
    355



    Quote Originally Posted by avenue View Post
    That's not right. I don't think they should do that. Do the developers need to give support to the people that got it for free?

    I really thought Amazon just got a percentage of the sale. I didn't think they could give them away for free.
    yea there was an article about it earlier this week
    Developer ShiftyJelly: Amazon Appstore "Rotten To The Core"




    And the what alot/most devs have their apps theres no way of telling who paid and who didnt. But alot of devs are changing that now by making the app check a manifest that gets updated with the google account that purchased the apps. Now that doesnt stop pirated/cracked apps.

    Amazon's reply was it got the Devs name out there and known so their sells should increase after said app was featured as free app of the day. but stats show sells drop off to pre-free app of the day sales #'s.


  10. #9
    Senior Member
    Points: 10,804, Level: 68
    Overall activity: 0%
    Woof's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 60
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Right here!
    Posts
    2,039
    Phone
    HTC Evo 3D



    While I see the developer's point of view, enough with the waaaahhh! already. As far as I know and please correct me if I am wrong, but Amazon is NOT forcing any developer to do this. Developers can choose to put their apps on Amazon if they want to and are aware of the conditions therein.
    If having your apps on Amazon was a requirement as part of being a developer then there would be something to b*tch about, but it's not. Developers CHOOSE to hawk their wares in that store and must agree to it. It's like having an advertising budget.

    /rant
    ** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

    Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

  11. #10
    Verified Developer
    Points: 3,291, Level: 35
    Overall activity: 0%
    PlayfulGod's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 20
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    NW Georgia
    Posts
    355



    Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    While I see the developer's point of view, enough with the waaaahhh! already. As far as I know and please correct me if I am wrong, but Amazon is NOT forcing any developer to do this. Developers can choose to put their apps on Amazon if they want to and are aware of the conditions therein.
    If having your apps on Amazon was a requirement as part of being a developer then there would be something to b*tch about, but it's not. Developers CHOOSE to hawk their wares in that store and must agree to it. It's like having an advertising budget.

    /rant
    Yea agreed but I think the mains ones whining are Dev's that had apps on there b4 amazon started the free app of the day and didnt get any choice about it.I'm sure if it wasnt in the ToS before it is now lol

  12. #11
    Senior Member
    Points: 10,804, Level: 68
    Overall activity: 0%
    Woof's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 60
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Right here!
    Posts
    2,039
    Phone
    HTC Evo 3D



    Again see your point, but the free app of the day was not a surprise and I am sure any developer has the option to pull their apps from the store. It's not a lifetime commitment.
    ** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

    Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

  13. #12
    Verified Developer
    Points: 3,291, Level: 35
    Overall activity: 0%
    PlayfulGod's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 20
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    NW Georgia
    Posts
    355



    Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    Again see your point, but the free app of the day was not a surprise and I am sure any developer has the option to pull their apps from the store. It's not a lifetime commitment.
    I agree

  14. #13
    Jumpmaster
    Points: 2,456,084, Level: 100
    Overall activity: 0%
    Chris Rodriguez's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 456
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    4,421
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5



    Wow thanks. That article was informative.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

    If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

  15. #14
    Verified Developer
    Points: 3,291, Level: 35
    Overall activity: 0%
    PlayfulGod's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 20
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    NW Georgia
    Posts
    355



    Quote Originally Posted by chrisngrod View Post
    Wow thanks. That article was informative.
    NP and thanks for your service to our country!!!!

  16. #15
    Jumpmaster
    Points: 2,456,084, Level: 100
    Overall activity: 0%
    Chris Rodriguez's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 456
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    4,421
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5



    NP. I'm guessing you read that from another thread. I want to go back. It's been too long (2007). Plus I've only taken a couple trips to Iraq. Need to explore Afghanistan. I'll be sure to post pictures here.

    I thought the free app of the day was great, but I can't believe how much the devs suffer.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

    If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

 

 
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. WiFi File Explorer Pro (Amazon Free App of the Day)
    By Chris Rodriguez in forum Android Apps and Information
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-12-2011, 12:58 PM
  2. Amazon free App of the Day: 7/21
    By valentinoh in forum General Discussion / FAQ
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-21-2011, 10:16 PM
  3. *free Amazon APP Of the day free*
    By valentinoh in forum Android News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-07-2011, 01:44 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-31-2011, 10:33 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Advertise With Us?
Advertise with us? (Position 1 - Advertise with Us) Small Banner