Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Jumpmaster
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Article: WiFi File Explorer Pro (Amazon Free App of the Day)

Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Verified Developer

Great App for those who dont have it yet. Unfortunately Amazon rips off the dev's with the free app of the day and quadruples the support for said apps. :\

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Just downloaded this. Really cool. Easily worth the $1.49 price.
    ** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

Quote Originally Posted by PlayfulGod View Post
    Great App for those who dont have it yet. Unfortunately Amazon rips off the dev's with the free app of the day and quadruples the support for said apps. :\
    How does Amazon give them away for free? I was thinking Amazon got a discounted price for them. If they do, how does it matter if it's given away for free or not?

Phone Whore(;
    Phone
    Apple iPhone 5

I found this really cool. Ahaha.
    *Please PM me ONLY if you have posted in the forum, and I have not replied. Thank you.*

Wanna know how I became a SuperMod?? I got engaged to the creator of the site. (;

Find devices to flash to Cricket here (refine the search to find the phone model you desire).
    Feel free to donate so we can get more devices to write tutorials on!
    GreenK45 - Automatic proxy setup (u2nl/autostart) for Android flashed phone users on the $45 plan. Now available on the Android Market!

Verified Developer

Quote Originally Posted by avenue View Post
    How does Amazon give them away for free? I was thinking Amazon got a discounted price for them. If they do, how does it matter if it's given away for free or not?
    Dev's have to pay to have their apps on Amazon just like on the android market. And if a dev sets a price said app and Amazon gives it away for free for a day the dev doesnt get jack for the thousands of downloads the free app of the day gets. but then then get thousands of support emails about said app ppl got for free. Amazon doesnt compensate the Dev's for the lost revenue. Now grant it, the dev might have not sell big #'s on an avg day but what he does sell he supports. Make sense? lol think I lost myself in all that some place lol

Quote Originally Posted by PlayfulGod View Post
    Dev's have to pay to have their apps on Amazon just like on the android market. And if a dev sets a price said app and Amazon gives it away for free for a day the dev doesnt get jack for the thousands of downloads the free app of the day gets. but then then get thousands of support emails about said app ppl got for free. Amazon doesnt compensate the Dev's for the lost revenue. Now grant it, the dev might have not sell big #'s on an avg day but what he does sell he supports. Make sense? lol think I lost myself in all that some place lol
    That's not right. I don't think they should do that. Do the developers need to give support to the people that got it for free?

I really thought Amazon just got a percentage of the sale. I didn't think they could give them away for free.

Verified Developer

Quote Originally Posted by avenue View Post
    That's not right. I don't think they should do that. Do the developers need to give support to the people that got it for free?

I really thought Amazon just got a percentage of the sale. I didn't think they could give them away for free.
    yea there was an article about it earlier this week
    Developer ShiftyJelly: Amazon Appstore "Rotten To The Core"

And the what alot/most devs have their apps theres no way of telling who paid and who didnt. But alot of devs are changing that now by making the app check a manifest that gets updated with the google account that purchased the apps. Now that doesnt stop pirated/cracked apps.

Amazon's reply was it got the Devs name out there and known so their sells should increase after said app was featured as free app of the day. but stats show sells drop off to pre-free app of the day sales #'s.

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

While I see the developer's point of view, enough with the waaaahhh! already. As far as I know and please correct me if I am wrong, but Amazon is NOT forcing any developer to do this. Developers can choose to put their apps on Amazon if they want to and are aware of the conditions therein.
    If having your apps on Amazon was a requirement as part of being a developer then there would be something to b*tch about, but it's not. Developers CHOOSE to hawk their wares in that store and must agree to it. It's like having an advertising budget.

/rant
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

Verified Developer

Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    While I see the developer's point of view, enough with the waaaahhh! already. As far as I know and please correct me if I am wrong, but Amazon is NOT forcing any developer to do this. Developers can choose to put their apps on Amazon if they want to and are aware of the conditions therein.
    If having your apps on Amazon was a requirement as part of being a developer then there would be something to b*tch about, but it's not. Developers CHOOSE to hawk their wares in that store and must agree to it. It's like having an advertising budget.

/rant
    Yea agreed but I think the mains ones whining are Dev's that had apps on there b4 amazon started the free app of the day and didnt get any choice about it.I'm sure if it wasnt in the ToS before it is now lol

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Again see your point, but the free app of the day was not a surprise and I am sure any developer has the option to pull their apps from the store. It's not a lifetime commitment.

Verified Developer

Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    Again see your point, but the free app of the day was not a surprise and I am sure any developer has the option to pull their apps from the store. It's not a lifetime commitment.
    I agree

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Wow thanks. That article was informative.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Verified Developer

Quote Originally Posted by chrisngrod View Post
    Wow thanks. That article was informative.
    NP and thanks for your service to our country!!!!

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

NP. I'm guessing you read that from another thread. I want to go back. It's been too long (2007). Plus I've only taken a couple trips to Iraq. Need to explore Afghanistan. I'll be sure to post pictures here.

I thought the free app of the day was great, but I can't believe how much the devs suffer.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information