Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 9.0%

Question Flashed EVO 4g or Huawei Mercury?

I'm buying a new phone soon to replace my crappy vitality. Was wondering if someone could give me kind of a side by side comparison of these 2 phones. I'm interested in comparing points such as: signal, data loss, screen size, display, camera, video playback, flash content, processor, internal memory, modding, sound quality, battery life, future OS updates, any overall problems, any other pertinent information I may need to make the most educated choice. Also, if there is a phone out there that would be an even better choice than these two, please enlightened me. Thanks so much for stopping by!
    Last edited by Friedtater22; 02-07-2012 at 03:30 AM. Reason: Added some "points"

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    Huawei ascend2

EVO..better processor more storage,4.3 inch screen with pinch to zoom n tactile feedback,8.0 mp camera @ the back and 1.3 in front awesome phone

Overall activity: 1.0%

While the merc has better battery life(supposedly), a slightly smaller screen at 4.0, and a tactile screen, an 8.0mp camera with led flash in the back and a .3 in the front, it does have a somewhat faster processor, and will be openly supporting ICS 4.0.

Its an especially hard descision becuase I was just offered an EVO 4G in good condition already flashed to cricket ready to activate, for 150, that I'm holding in my hand.

Build quality wise im sure the EVO is leagues ahead, DUR HTC, but the Merc has the benifits of not having to worry about failing services. (i.e.; missing texts, calls, mms, web, w/e.)

Im not sure what to do either, but I'm going to get this EVO activated, and if all is working well i'll keep it.

Overall activity: 0%

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

i'm personally happy that the mercury is slightly smaller then the evo.. a little less heavy... battery lasts better... screen isn't always the most responsive tho.

Thread Information