Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Overall activity: 5.0%

Customer Since
    June 2011
    Phone
    Nokia Lumia 1320

Looking for new phone but can't decide...HELP! LOL

I've been a Cricket customer for just a little over a 1 year. Currently I have an LG Optimus C that loves to reboot itself at the worst possible moment.
    I would love to have the Galaxy S3 but I'm not sure if I can fit into my budget. Heck...I'm not so sure I want to really plunk down that much $$$ for a phone no matter how good it is. ...and the in-store finance isn't an option for me b/c of other financial obligations.
    ...so I was also considering the ZTE Engage, or the HTC One V. The Optimus Regard looks interesting but I'm hesitant b/c of the probs I've had with the Optimus C I have now.
    I have also considered flashing a phone. ...but I read elsewhere around here that flashed phones don't work in tri-band areas. Has that changed at all? I'm not in a tri-band area but I love to take weekend road trips which might be in a tri-band area. The only experience I have with flashing phones is my old HTC Wizard...stock w/ Win Mobile 5 but flashed to Win Mobile 6 and again to Win Mobile 6.5. I'm not sure if the situation is any different with Android phones.
    I'm in Texas, zip 77493...near Houston.
    Any suggestions?

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Phone Whore(;
    Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    Apple iPhone 5

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Chris was traveling around in the military and had no problems with flashes phones in triband areas. The data speeds won't be optimal in these areas. The phone just needs to be flashed correctly.

LG Regard costs so much bc it is a LTE phone. The v8000 is probably a better choice.

If you need help flashing a phone and you're around the north side of Houston I'm sure he'd be willing to help ya out.

Let us know (:

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    *Please PM me ONLY if you have posted in the forum, and I have not replied. Thank you.*

Wanna know how I became a SuperMod?? I got engaged to the creator of the site. (;

Find devices to flash to Cricket here (refine the search to find the phone model you desire).
    Feel free to donate so we can get more devices to write tutorials on!
    GreenK45 - Automatic proxy setup (u2nl/autostart) for Android flashed phone users on the $45 plan. Now available on the Android Market!

Overall activity: 5.0%

Customer Since
    June 2011
    Phone
    Nokia Lumia 1320

Wink

Sorry it took me so long to reply. Been extremely busy thanks to the local police and either a very nosy neighbor or the HOA. Someone didn't appreciate my and my dad's antique cars out on the driveway.
    Anyway....the phone issue is done. Went by the Cricket store on Westheimer near the Galleria. I played with both the Galaxy S3 and the ZTE Engage. ...and walked out with the Engage. Believe it or not the Galaxy's screen was the deal breaker (and so was the price). It is a great screen BUT my eyes are on the sensitive side. The color saturation and brightness of the Galaxy's screen were just too much for me. I started getting a headache after only 2 min of playing with it. The Engage on the other hand didn't affect me like that. ...and it seemed almost as responsive as the Galaxy.
    Anyway, so far I really do like the Engage and am happily enjoying the Muve Music that comes with it. Too bad I can't transfer some of the music to my PC. ...oh well... I was totally shocked to see almost the entire back catalog of Kreator's albums (one of my most favorite bands).

Phone Whore(;
    Phone
    Apple iPhone 5

Quote Originally Posted by babyflitestreak View Post
    Sorry it took me so long to reply. Been extremely busy thanks to the local police and either a very nosy neighbor or the HOA. Someone didn't appreciate my and my dad's antique cars out on the driveway.
    Anyway....the phone issue is done. Went by the Cricket store on Westheimer near the Galleria. I played with both the Galaxy S3 and the ZTE Engage. ...and walked out with the Engage. Believe it or not the Galaxy's screen was the deal breaker (and so was the price). It is a great screen BUT my eyes are on the sensitive side. The color saturation and brightness of the Galaxy's screen were just too much for me. I started getting a headache after only 2 min of playing with it. The Engage on the other hand didn't affect me like that. ...and it seemed almost as responsive as the Galaxy.
    Anyway, so far I really do like the Engage and am happily enjoying the Muve Music that comes with it. Too bad I can't transfer some of the music to my PC. ...oh well... I was totally shocked to see almost the entire back catalog of Kreator's albums (one of my most favorite bands).
    That's awesome! I'm glad you found a phone you like!

Sent from my iPad Mini on AT&T using Tapatalk HD
    *Please PM me ONLY if you have posted in the forum, and I have not replied. Thank you.*

Wanna know how I became a SuperMod?? I got engaged to the creator of the site. (;

Find devices to flash to Cricket here (refine the search to find the phone model you desire).
    Feel free to donate so we can get more devices to write tutorials on!
    GreenK45 - Automatic proxy setup (u2nl/autostart) for Android flashed phone users on the $45 plan. Now available on the Android Market!

Re: Looking for new phone but can't decide...HELP! LOL

I thought that about the screen too. Now I own an iPod touch 5g which has the exact same screen the iPhone 5 does. Man its so clear and bright that my galaxy full brightness is less than half my iPods full brightness lol

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Customer Since
    Jan. 2000
    Phone
    galaxy s3

I am looking for a new phone. I have the lg optimus c, I have had it almost two years, it has been a great phone with no problems, but now I am running out of memory, even though I have moved every app to the sd card. I think it has to deal with all the app updates and the phone only has 200 internal mb and I think 100 mb or more are the original operating system for the phone and I only have 35 apps and I can not install anymore. Anyway, I need a new phone and of course I want the galaxy 3 but I don't want to pay that much. I am willing to get a used phone off of ebay, but I don't know what to get, maybe the mercury, but I don't even know the correct name for the phone since it seems to have three different names and I don't know what the specs are. Do you know what the internal memory has? I also want a front facing camera and the new android operating system or close to it, I am tired of running 2.2 on the optimus. I am willing to spend up to 150.00....maybe. Any ideas? Also, have you guys noticed that your cricket bill has gone down. I use to pay with taxes, 59.00 something and now I am paying 52.00 something. Any help would be appreciated.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

You can search ebay for Cricket Mercury or any of the other names it goes by. I would stay away from the 4g LG phone as many of the newer 3G phones are nicer.

There are a lot of good flashed phones out there but if you are in a triband area you might want to consider a Cricket branded phone. That's my recommendation for anyone who is a novice when it comes to phones.

The ZTE Engage isn't bad and around that price point used. Authority only has 2.3 but is alright.

---------- Post added at 08:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 AM ----------

You can search ebay for Cricket Mercury or any of the other names it goes by. I would stay away from the 4g LG phone as many of the newer 3G phones are nicer.

There are a lot of good flashed phones out there but if you are in a triband area you might want to consider a Cricket branded phone. That's my recommendation for anyone who is a novice when it comes to phones.

The ZTE Engage isn't bad and around that price point used. Authority only has 2.3 but is alright.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Overall activity: 12.0%
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3

The mercury is pretty good i recommend it. I now have an iPhone 4S i would recommend that also.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

samsung galaxy s4 is coming
    and you will think that? that price would have to cricket

Customer Since
    Jan. 2000
    Phone
    galaxy s3

I decided to get the galaxy s3, it is such a nice phone, but it has low volume for incalls and calls get dropped

Overall activity: 12.0%
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3

Well i have the S3 already lol but i havent had any dropped calls on mine.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Flashed S3s or not?
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Customer Since
    Jan. 2000
    Phone
    galaxy s3

flashable tar from this site, unrooted jb, not sure what page it was on, then I did root it. I have been searching all day and been messing with a volume boost hack with the system/ect file volume.db, but it didn't work so I restored to flashable one, if I could get the stock volume.db, maybe that might work, my media, notifications, Bluetooth, and speaker sound great, it is just the incall volume, it is to low, even with the volume boost, which helps alittle. I have even been messing around with the hidden codes, and the melody test sounds great, so I know it is not my earpiece, but I did notice I cant test the audioloop, even if that does anything. And I also can not get into the audio in the hidden codes. I found the links I flashed:Flashable tars:
    FULL UNROOTED JB UPDATE INCLUDING KERNEL, RADIOS, SYSTEM, AND NEW RECOVERY:
    Part 1:
    R530CVVBMC1_R530CVBMC1_R530CVVBMC1_HOME.tar.part1. rar - 400.00 MB

Part 2:
    R530CVVBMC1_R530CVBMC1_R530CVVBMC1_HOME.tar.part2. rar - 287.31 MB

I really do not know how these files are different form the stock
    Last edited by y6h66; 05-05-2013 at 09:42 PM.

Gold Member
    Overall activity: 99.2%

Have you tried Audio Manager Pro 4.1 or Audio Control 1.7.9? They will raise the in-call volume some. Mine was default at 4/7 and AMP 4.1 set it to 7/7.

Customer Since
    Jan. 2000
    Phone
    galaxy s3

I just tried both of those apps and it did not help. Maybe I need to update my modem, I really do not know what else to do except flash back to stock. I will try anything

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information