Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 9.0%

Mercury or another?

I currently have the vitality and am not really very happy with it. I'd really like to buy a new phone when income tax check comes. I don't know if I should go with the new Mercury or if I should get a flashed phone. Some things I'd really like to have are; Camera flash, Front camera, really fast processor, adobe flash capable, newest android os, good battery life. I know this is probably the ultimate dream phone, but hopefully I can find most of these features in a phone. There are probably other features I'd like too that I just can't think of atm. Which phone would you recommend?

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%

Quote Originally Posted by Friedtater22 View Post
    I currently have the vitality and am not really very happy with it. I'd really like to buy a new phone when income tax check comes. I don't know if I should go with the new Mercury or if I should get a flashed phone. Some things I'd really like to have are; Camera flash, Front camera, really fast processor, adobe flash capable, newest android os, good battery life. I know this is probably the ultimate dream phone, but hopefully I can find most of these features in a phone. There are probably other features I'd like too that I just can't think of atm. Which phone would you recommend?
    You just described the Mercury (Better battery then you might expect) but..... the latest OS is 4.0 ... not every phone has that. But BIG rumors say the mercury will get it this year so...... you just described the mercury.

Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk

Phone
    Mercury M886

Echoing Salas.....Get a Merc and you will never look back!!!!!!

Overall activity: 12.0%

I agree the mercury is a great device.. I keep having major issues with my 3g going out and in... Its frustrating.. Can't tell if its a hardware issue or service issue... Anyone know? Wifi is off btw.. Did *228 and airplane mode.. Still loses connection 10 x or more a day..

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Quote Originally Posted by Gxrxd View Post
    I agree the mercury is a great device.. I keep having major issues with my 3g going out and in... Its frustrating.. Can't tell if its a hardware issue or service issue... Anyone know? Wifi is off btw.. Did *228 and airplane mode.. Still loses connection 10 x or more a day..

I'm going to go with hardware/firmware issue. I should make an official list of documented problems.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Overall activity: 9.0%

The only reason I'm worried about the Mercury is bc of the 3G issues people are having. I have these same issues with my Vitality and it is VERY frustrating!

Ivsay service issue. When I first got the phone it wouldn't get signal after a call or such.... but then it fixed it self and I haven't ever lost signal since...

Overall activity: 2.0%
    Phone
    Huawei Ascend

Unhappy

I started out using the huawei ascend for over a year. got to were i didnt like it anymore lol. been trying to sell it with a few accessories but no progress yet.but 3 or 4 weeks ago i bought a Verizon HTC Merge luckily the seller was nice enough to flash it to cricket for me but it had to be done again. within the 1st day i got it the right corner of the screen cracked.evidentally it took awhile to sink in i believe the seller had it in the heat to long before it got into my hands. i seen her pick it up off her dashboard of her car.well anyways of this situation i ordered a digitizer replacement screen for it on ebay the 1st one i recieved ended up being a defective part but didnt know or realize that until my man already took my phone apart to take old one out to replace with the new. i contacted the sellers about it and they sent another and i sent the defective one back. so this means that my man had to take my merge apart again. but both times it was took apart. we noticed that the motherboard flex cable has alot of scratches on the ribbon part.i have been having alot of different issues with it and it has gotten very frustrating.but 3G and MMS will not work. So i have been trying to find a flashed/unlocked descent keyboard phone were all of the features will work.i love the physical keyboard. Can anybody help me on choosing a physical keyboard phone that is affordable like $100 or less. i am a big time texter lol. any info that any of u can provide me with will be appreciated thank u in advance.have a great day.

P.S. in a flashed phone i want atleast a 3.5 Touchscreen,Physical Keyboard. were all features will work. i like the look of the AT&T Tilt were the screen tilts up.but AT&T phones cant be flashed to Cricket.
    Last edited by butterflylady1984; 05-10-2012 at 04:21 PM.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

It is possible for the HTC Evo Shift to fall under 100 dollars, but you would have to get it flashed or flash it yourself. The tutorial is available if you want to try your hand at it...
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Overall activity: 2.0%
    Phone
    Huawei Ascend

thanks for the advice chrisngrod but i am no longer with cricket as of friday so i am trying to figure out how to de activate this account. have a great week.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Most people probably let them die, but PM me and I will have a dealer look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflylady1984 View Post
    thanks for the advice chrisngrod but i am no longer with cricket as of friday so i am trying to figure out how to de activate this account. have a great week.

Thread Information