Sign Up Now FAQ
Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

 
Welcome to Cricket Users!



Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Points: 11,591, Level: 70
    Overall activity: 0%
    salas's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 49
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Houston, Texas, United States
    Posts
    1,677



    SGS2 or Huawei mercury?

    What do you think is a better deal? Unlimited talk text data on cricket with the huawei mercury? Or 500minutes on a shared family plan with unlimited texting and 200-500mb 4G data with the Samsung galaxy S2?

    *note* data will get throttled on T-Mobile instead of being charged extra for going over data limit

  2. Remove this advertisement.
  3. #2
    Senior Member
    Points: 51,481, Level: 100
    Overall activity: 0%
    avenue's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 51
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    2,805



    What is your cost on the T-Mobile plan?

    Do you need unlimited minutes? What about data? 200 - 500 MB of data isn't a lot. Is that enough for you?

  4. #3
    Senior Member
    Points: 11,591, Level: 70
    Overall activity: 0%
    salas's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 49
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Houston, Texas, United States
    Posts
    1,677



    Quote Originally Posted by avenue View Post
    What is your cost on the T-Mobile plan?

    Do you need unlimited minutes? What about data? 200 - 500 MB of data isn't a lot. Is that enough for you?
    I would pay 30$ for 200mb 45for 500mb .... I also buy the phone (280$) I only call my parents and Call never last more then 10min. And data isn't alot but I also blow thru crickets 1gb in a few days.. but its good since I wont get charge extra for going over on both carriers... so really I'm only paying for data + phone. Its my brothers family plan so really if I go with T-Mobile I'm still paying less than cricket with taxes and I get more (4G, better signal). But I'm more about the phone. What I pay a month doesn't matter.

  5. #4
    Senior Member
    Points: 51,481, Level: 100
    Overall activity: 0%
    avenue's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 51
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    2,805



    Quote Originally Posted by salas View Post
    I would pay 30$ for 200mb 45for 500mb .... I also buy the phone (280$) I only call my parents and Call never last more then 10min. And data isn't alot but I also blow thru crickets 1gb in a few days.. but its good since I wont get charge extra for going over on both carriers... so really I'm only paying for data + phone. Its my brothers family plan so really if I go with T-Mobile I'm still paying less than cricket with taxes and I get more (4G, better signal). But I'm more about the phone. What I pay a month doesn't matter.
    It's that much for data on T-Mobile? They have a prepaid $30/month 5 GB plan that has 100 minutes. I'm surprised they try charging that much for data on their contract plans.

    If you don't use the phone for calling much, you might be interested in their $30 prepaid plan. You can get 4G with that plan also.

  6. #5
    Senior Member
    Points: 11,591, Level: 70
    Overall activity: 0%
    salas's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 49
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Houston, Texas, United States
    Posts
    1,677



    Quote Originally Posted by avenue View Post
    It's that much for data on T-Mobile? They have a prepaid $30/month 5 GB plan that has 100 minutes. I'm surprised they try charging that much for data on their contract plans.

    If you don't use the phone for calling much, you might be interested in their $30 prepaid plan. You can get 4G with that plan also.
    Yeah but rather be in the family plan cuz I don't have to worry about paying my stuff on time (my brother just pays the bill. So I can give him money to pay anytime I want. Ex. I can pay him on Saturday. And that's it. I can pay him twice a month. I don't worry about next month)

    !7ął is tattooed on me cuz i represent houston!

  7. #6
    Senior Member
    Points: 51,481, Level: 100
    Overall activity: 0%
    avenue's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 51
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    2,805



    Quote Originally Posted by salas View Post
    Yeah but rather be in the family plan cuz I don't have to worry about paying my stuff on time (my brother just pays the bill. So I can give him money to pay anytime I want. Ex. I can pay him on Saturday. And that's it. I can pay him twice a month. I don't worry about next month)

    !7ął is tattooed on me cuz i represent houston!
    Well, you'd need to choose whatever fits your needs best. You would need to pay your Cricket bill at the same time each month too, with the ability to use Bridge Pay. In order for Cricket to work the way you described you'd need a family member or a friend of yours to be a Cricket account holder and let you pay them when you're able to. If there isn't anyone in your family with Cricket it might be best if you go with T-Mobile, unless you can convince someone to switch to Cricket.

  8. #7
    Senior Member
    Points: 11,591, Level: 70
    Overall activity: 0%
    salas's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 49
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Houston, Texas, United States
    Posts
    1,677



    Quote Originally Posted by avenue View Post
    Well, you'd need to choose whatever fits your needs best. You would need to pay your Cricket bill at the same time each month too, with the ability to use Bridge Pay. In order for Cricket to work the way you described you'd need a family member or a friend of yours to be a Cricket account holder and let you pay them when you're able to. If there isn't anyone in your family with Cricket it might be best if you go with T-Mobile, unless you can convince someone to switch to Cricket.
    Eh. I dont wanna pay 300+ for a phone anyone can steal and switch Sims. Feel free to lock/discard this thread ima stick with the mercury :P

  9. #8
    Senior Member
    Points: 51,481, Level: 100
    Overall activity: 0%
    avenue's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 51
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    2,805



    Quote Originally Posted by salas View Post
    Eh. I dont wanna pay 300+ for a phone anyone can steal and switch Sims. Feel free to lock/discard this thread ima stick with the mercury :P
    Enjoy the Mercury with unlimited data then.

    Sent from my M860 using Tapatalk

 

 

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Advertise With Us?
Advertise with us? (Position 1 - Advertise with Us) Small Banner