Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 1.0%

Sanyo Zio: Great or Garbage

I am the "proud" owner of The Sanyo Zio or Kyocera Zio which ever title you would like to give it and from personal experiance with this phone here is my assesment.
    (this is a score based on a 1-10 rating 1 being the worst possible.)
    Ease of Use: 6
    Battery Life: was 7 now had the phone for over a year and have to say 2
    Features ie. camera, speaker, screen...:4
    I would honestly like to take this $200 piece of complete crap out to the local gun range and shoot it so many times that no one will ever find another piece of it again
    this phone is finaly degraded enough over the year i have had it and keep in mind this phone has never been dropped or had and spills on it no dust constant cleaning with air duster once a week and i would never buy another piece of crap phone like this from sanyo or kyocera again or any phone for that matter from their line of products.
    Now on the topic of crickets upgrades 499.00 for a iphone 4s hahahahaha for the upgrade i have been a loyal customer for 2 years now on the same number and never once late with my payment and had cricket for at least a year before i joined the marine corps and had to move to a location yall did not cover. and this is how cricket treats its customers now. Phsssh! please this is total BS. And on the topic of your crappy insurance policy for handsets you really want to charge me 80 dollars to give me a phone that is worse than this and then act like ya'll are the good guys for only charging me $80 instead of the $100 it would take to normally replace my phone and the only reason ya'll dropped it to $80 is because you dont even sell this phone anymore because you knew it was crap when you started selling it at least that is what the lady behind the counter told me 6 months after i bought my phone. my final overall assesment of this phone TRASH, GARBAGE, CRAP, and my own personal favorite expression for it YOU CAN POLISH A TURD BUT ITS STILL A TURD. if crickets CEO doesnt call me and give me an appology for the crap service i had today on the phone and try to make this right personally i will be getting new service from straight talk wireless at walmart and i here that it works flawlessly nation wide too. Cricket CEO call me or loose a valuable customer for life. your call. you are welcome to pm me your direct number if you like or pm me for mine if you ever see this but i doubt you will even look at it.
    NOW! let me open the floor to other cricket customers to here their opinion on this topic.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Banned
    Overall activity: 2.0%

So did the CEO ever call you back? Perhaps to ask if you would like some cheese?

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Don't feel bad the CEO of cricket never call me either and I been a loyal dealer of cricket for 8 years.

Overall activity: 46.0%
    Customer Since
    jan 2011
    Phone
    samsung Chrono

i've used the zio since it first came out. and i've had lots of people i know use it. . . scale of 1=10

call quality - 5
    battery life - 4 (compared to other cricket phones)
    screen/display - 2
    software - 1
    durability - 8

buuuuuugy as an anthill. you can call customer care like 100 times and complain about service, or write a letter to leap asking for a military discount. as a dealer i wish they did that too! we are only now getting life-line. the zio may be a POS but it is sturdy. i've dropped mine 10 times without it breaking. i've also left it in the baking sun, used it in the rain. . still kicking! a factory reset occasionally will stop it from freaking out or slowing down too much. it makes a better mp3 player than the ascend, the ascend 2, and the score. one thing i try not to forget is how new android is, and smart phones at all. . this was cricket's first android powered phone at the time $200 was the same as getting the mercury today for $200. I am holding my breath for when cricket starts giving mercs away in a year when 'the next thing' comes out.

The more I think about the I think you should say with cricket. I pay my bill on time so I want something in return for paying my bill on time or I go elsewhere. I also want the CEO of the company to call me cause I pay my bill on time. You are perfect example of a cricket customer.

Jumpmaster
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

The CEO asked his legal team if we could take his email off our petition to keeps the site open. That's kinda like having him call right?
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Overall activity: 65.0%
    Phone
    PAE3D, ICS Merc

Loyalty.......
    Expectations.........

I call BS

No where in the cricket terms of service does it state it will cater to its customers. It is business, they provide something (phones and service) and you pay for it. Your phone came with a 1 year MANUFACTURER warranty, if you feel that the issues you have are due to a manufacturer flaw, then take it up with Sanyo/Kyocera, cricket is not to blame for it.
    Insurance.......
    I never liked their insurance, thus I never wasted my $5 a month on it. BUT the average life expectancy of cellphones has always been about a year anyway (ask any cellular seller/dealer).
    Whining like a lil' kid won't fix your problems, so get over it.

How to avoid making the same dipstick mistake? Use some common sense, research your phones, and put that $5 a month insurance money into a jar labeled new phone fund just in case you screw up again. Stop blaming cricket for short sightedness on your part.

It's life, live it!
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Phone
    Galaxy S4

Quote Originally Posted by Rites View Post
    Loyalty.......
    Expectations.........

I call BS

No where in the cricket terms of service does it state it will cater to its customers. It is business, they provide something (phones and service) and you pay for it. Your phone came with a 1 year MANUFACTURER warranty, if you feel that the issues you have are due to a manufacturer flaw, then take it up with Sanyo/Kyocera, cricket is not to blame for it.
    Insurance.......
    I never liked their insurance, thus I never wasted my $5 a month on it. BUT the average life expectancy of cellphones has always been about a year anyway (ask any cellular seller/dealer).
    Whining like a lil' kid won't fix your problems, so get over it.

How to avoid making the same dipstick mistake? Use some common sense, research your phones, and put that $5 a month insurance money into a jar labeled new phone fund just in case you screw up again. Stop blaming cricket for short sightedness on your part.
    Rites is Rite.... This is another fine example of not understanding the difference between the product and the service.... Since this guy is hell bent on loyalty, why doesn't he try that load of BS on the local power company....
    *Only PM me when asked. Please post to the forum first as you and the many members here will benefit from the conversation!"

Been fixing, flashing, and activating Cricket phones since 2004.

Thread Information