Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%

Sanyo Zio No Longer Available Online

The Sanyo Zio, Cricket's first Android device, is no longer available on MyCricket.com.

You might be able to find them at stores, most likely for $49.99.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Finally!! Bout time for this turd to be flushed into the past. Really awful phone IMO.
    ** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    Finally!! Bout time for this turd to be flushed into the past. Really awful phone IMO.
    Do you think the first Huawei Ascend was better?

Before I got my Huawei Ascend I actually wanted the Zio, but I used it at a Sprint store and didn't like it.

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Yes the A1 was a better phone. Hands down. I quite carrying thew zio in my store in July. My rep kept saying "you can carry the zio, theyre on sale" And I 'd just tell her I don't sell turds like the zio. Customers hated the phone. Even at 49.99.
    ** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

Yes the A1 was a better phone. Hands down. I quite carrying thew zio in my store in July. My rep kept saying "you can carry the zio, theyre on sale" And I 'd just tell her I don't sell turds like the zio. Customers hated the phone. Even at 49.99.
    Wow, I'm really glad I got the Huawei Ascend then.

It's nice that you don't sell junk. Some stores will sell whatever they can, they don't care how bad it is. If they think about it, if the phones they sell have a lot of problems, those same people are going to come in complaining. So, I think it's better to sell the good phones because you will get more compliments than complaints.

Phone
    iPhone 4s

This is a sad commentary on phones in general, I think. I was one of those freaks who stalked the corporate stores waiting for the UPS guy on release day, and paid $279 for my Zio. At the time, it was hands-down the best 'official' cricket phone available. Now, a little over a year later, it's a 'turd'. I still like my Zio, and I'll probably use it until cricket comes out with a Windows Phone, but I admit it's no Evo (heck, now that the Nexus has leaked, an Evo isn't even an Evo. It's a vicous cycle...).

The Sanyo Zio is now available again for $69.99.

Customer Since
    Aug 2009
    Phone
    iPhone 4

I disagree, it was a lot better than the first Ascend.. The Ascend also brought me far more headaches.

It's 89.99 in our market..

---------- Post added at 01:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by zhris View Post
    This is a sad commentary on phones in general, I think. I was one of those freaks who stalked the corporate stores waiting for the UPS guy on release day, and paid $279 for my Zio. At the time, it was hands-down the best 'official' cricket phone available. Now, a little over a year later, it's a 'turd'. I still like my Zio, and I'll probably use it until cricket comes out with a Windows Phone, but I admit it's no Evo (heck, now that the Nexus has leaked, an Evo isn't even an Evo. It's a vicous cycle...).
    This is true for all electronic "gadgets"..

They are not collector's items, nor investments.

The technology used in things like phones, video games, computers, etc. is always rapidly developing and improving..

This was my first android, I got it the day it became available downtown and it was $225 then. It ended up getting stolen after almost a years worth of use, and I've a slew of androids sitting here that run circles around the zio, but I remember my buyers remirse when I saw how much better the A1 touchscreen responded then the Zio's...you live and you learn I guess.

Thread Information