Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    Overall activity: 18.0%

*228 will load the proper prl for your market which in return will give you faster data speeds

---------- Post added at 09:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 AM ----------

also upgrade your radio to a ei22 radio.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%

Phone
    Samsung Epic 4G

Well I think I've found the problem. I went back into QPST just to go over my CDMA settings, and now my phone is un-recognized. I've tried multiple COM ports and every time it shows up as Unknown 217 (Shows ESN) in QPST Configuration. In the Service Programming Mode it shows the same, but does show my MSID as well. When hitting OK, it prompts me to select Base Model, but does not show FFA6550-ZRF6500 like it was set before. Any ideas? Is there another base model I can select that is appropriate? Thanks in advance.

I did all that the tut said and here is the issue im having.
    Steps was done to the video as you did.
    But when ever i tryed and make a call i get some chick talking about roaming if i want to make a call please use a credit card

Phone
    Samsung Epic 4G

which PRL did you use?

Depending on which one you use, you might be able to dial *228 and get it straighten out.

PRL (http://www.cricketusers.com/flashing-tools-files-programming/5041-*sticky*-official-cricket-prl-thread.html)
    the on instructed to download.
    tryed to use the *228 and that lady still came on and said the same thing.

Ok so now im getting a text message from my epic to my cricket it wont let me dial *228 but the ladies voice is gone now all i need is to figure out how to get it to set up

Phone
    Samsung Epic 4G

Does anyone know what I could of possibly changed to have my phone Unknown in QPST? I've tried on two different computer, and same result on both. Like where does QPST even read from, to determine the model of the phone. If anyone could tell me that, I might be able to figure something out from there - but I don't even know where to begin to look. Thanks in advance.

Phone
    Samsung Epic 4G

lol, No responses what-so-ever... I must have really messed something up. Well I guess until I get this figured out, I'll be MIA for a while. Maybe I'll try posting in the main forums. I just want to thank Brian and Jpond for all of your previous help. You guys have been awesome. May this new year be the best year yet for you guys! Take care! /wave

Phone
    samsung epic 4g

Hey emoti0n if you'd like you can send the phone to me and I can fully flash it to cricket if you like and I can next day ship it back to you and it will be ready for cricket at no charge to you. So basically I'll give you a full flash to cricket at no expense to you. Ok if you choose to do that you can text me at 937-580-0137 or email me at Brian638039@aol.com.

Try uninstalling your phone from devide manager and reinstalling. I have never had that problem and I have flashed hundreds of phones. Also dial ##8778# and switch to pda then back to modem. If you need help I could prob remote connect to you and see what the probleem is.

i do have cricket roms with everything baked in, just message me for a link. i dont like to post links anymore due to people taking credit for my roms on other sites.

Phone
    Samsung Epic 4G

Quote Originally Posted by jpond83 View Post
    i do have cricket roms with everything baked in, just message me for a link. i dont like to post links anymore due to people taking credit for my roms on other sites.
    Sorry for late response. Life has just been crazy. I would be interested in trying that cricket ROM, and if that doesn't work - will probably let you remote on my laptop if you don't mind and find free time. Will send you a message along with my email address. Thanks always.

---------- Post added at 09:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by brian638039 View Post
    Hey emoti0n if you'd like you can send the phone to me and I can fully flash it to cricket if you like and I can next day ship it back to you and it will be ready for cricket at no charge to you. So basically I'll give you a full flash to cricket at no expense to you. Ok if you choose to do that you can text me at 937-580-0137 or email me at Brian638039@aol.com.
    Brian, I do appreciate that offer more then you know, but I'm not sure I could do without my phone for several days. lol. However, I do appreciate it very much.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Quote Originally Posted by emoti0n View Post
    Sorry for late response. Life has just been crazy. I would be interested in trying that cricket ROM, and if that doesn't work - will probably let you remote on my laptop if you don't mind and find free time. Will send you a message along with my email address. Thanks always.

---------- Post added at 09:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 AM ----------

Brian, I do appreciate that offer more then you know, but I'm not sure I could do without my phone for several days. lol. However, I do appreciate it very much.
    Someone can try to look at your phone remotely. That's a start.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Phone
    Samsung Epic 4G

Quote Originally Posted by chrisngrod View Post
    Someone can try to look at your phone remotely. That's a start.
    With the help of jpond83 (via PMs), I was able to figure out the problem. It was 100% user error. I'm not sure at what point I did it, but I installed an older version of QPST. jpond83 had asked me what version of QPST I was running and I told him 2.7, but when I looked at the build number (264) something didn't seem right. Went back and checked, and I had two different install files saved to my HDD, one being build 264, and the other being 355. After I installed the most recent one, everything was back to normal. Also, after changing PRL's and a few other things, I was able to get my MMS to work. w00t w00t. Again, I'm very thankful for the help I received here. Between the tutorial on the over all flashing, and jpond83 and brian638039, I'm a very happy individual right now. I'm going to definitely stick around here for awhile in hopes to learn more, so I can be as helpful to others as you guys were to me.

Thank you guys,
    emoti0n

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Quote Originally Posted by emoti0n View Post
    With the help of jpond83 (via PMs), I was able to figure out the problem. It was 100% user error. I'm not sure at what point I did it, but I installed an older version of QPST. jpond83 had asked me what version of QPST I was running and I told him 2.7, but when I looked at the build number (264) something didn't seem right. Went back and checked, and I had two different install files saved to my HDD, one being build 264, and the other being 355. After I installed the most recent one, everything was back to normal. Also, after changing PRL's and a few other things, I was able to get my MMS to work. w00t w00t. Again, I'm very thankful for the help I received here. Between the tutorial on the over all flashing, and jpond83 and brian638039, I'm a very happy individual right now. I'm going to definitely stick around here for awhile in hopes to learn more, so I can be as helpful to others as you guys were to me.

Thank you guys,
    emoti0n
    I suspected it might be versions. I think they're up to 2.7 build 366. Glad to hear it worked out for you and hope to see you around in the future.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information