Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%

well heres a pickle, got data working but not calls......

well damn and duh, it was the msid, dropped that with a reflash of sleeperrom 1.1.02aEl22 rom and bam, mms and calls working in and outgoing work
    Last edited by PoeticRuins; 05-22-2012 at 10:56 PM.

2. Remove this advertisement.

Ok so i am looking at this tutorial after i used this tutorial
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1.../edit?hl=en_US

In this one for Data says to edit all the profiles. The one i used says only edit the (0) one? What should i do. I want to make sure i got everything set up correctly so when i change ESN's i will be ready to go.

Any help would be greatly appreciative.

Thanks

If you read this thread somewhere abouts the middle of it,someone makes a mention of this very same thing. The info leads to editing all the profiles listed, that's what I did anyway lol not sure if anyone else had issues with editing all the profiles

No its not a problem, i just noticed it today the difference between the two, i can easily edit the other ones as well

Thanks for the clarification, now i am thinking of getting a 12.99 silver membership cause it is cheaper to change esn then call cricket as well as plan change. Just in case i need to change back to my older phone esn

Flashed epic getting almost no signal

Looking for a little help.
    I bought a nice epic on eBay that was pre-flashed for cricket, the seller requested my phone number and min. Cricket customer service told me that my min was the same as my phone number, but I looked it up on my old phone and it was a different min. I gave the seller thie min from my phone. Anyway, the phone rarely gets signal (maybe one bar at the most outside). I used qpst, and it looks like all the settings from the tutorial are basically what is on the phone. I was able to connect just long enough to *228 successfully, and got cricket PRL. I've tried all of the PRL, nothing seems to change the signal problem. I have the option to return the phone, but I would sure rather get it working. Any ideas on what else I could try? I've been working on this for days using some various settings on qpst, and it seems like maybe the hardware could be screwed up... any suggestions?

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

It looks like you're pretty close to a fringe zone.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	134 
Size:	52.8 KB 
ID:	2654Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture2.JPG 
Views:	135 
Size:	60.6 KB 
ID:	2655

What is your experience with other phones?
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

All Services are full bars around here.. verizon, sprint, cricket...all my old phones from these companies have full bars and havent been on an account for years..

Got everything working except MMS on the 45 dollar plan(greenk45), however market doesn't want to load but the internet does? Did i miss a setting? Or does it not work unless i am on the android plan?

EDIT: Nvrmind i guess i killed it with a task manager forcing me to restart it.
    Last edited by hookahzorr; 06-14-2012 at 07:34 PM.

@auto, i had a similer issue with my signal, you might want to try each prl one by one, it took me a few trys to find one that gps wouldnt take 5 minutes to pull directions
    @hook, it should be working.when i did mine i got data off the rip even though i had not put the min in. You might want to double over everything just to be sure

Lol cool hooka glad you found out the issue
    Last edited by PoeticRuins; 06-14-2012 at 07:42 PM.

Ok one more question, i have been looking at different solutions to fix MMS, one is going back to e130 gb rom, one is for ics but i was getting issues with 3g staying on on cynogen. So i give up might go back to ei30.

But my question is:

How do i cahnge the service to say cricket and not sprint as well as the banner. I tried it in the NAM box and didn't work. Also how do i make it so i don't get invalid sprint ID everytime i turn off wifi and connect to 3g. I just don't know what to edit in QPST? or take off my phone.

Overall activity: 99.0%
    Phone
    3VO

Quote Originally Posted by hookahzorr View Post
    Ok one more question, i have been looking at different solutions to fix MMS, one is going back to e130 gb rom, one is for ics but i was getting issues with 3g staying on on cynogen. So i give up might go back to ei30.

But my question is:

How do i cahnge the service to say cricket and not sprint as well as the banner. I tried it in the NAM box and didn't work. Also how do i make it so i don't get invalid sprint ID everytime i turn off wifi and connect to 3g. I just don't know what to edit in QPST? or take off my phone.
    That u will need to edit the nv items but I don't know exactly where to do it. I read about a zip file or something like it does it for u. I can't say for sure how to do it.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by avillal87 View Post
    That u will need to edit the nv items but I don't know exactly where to do it. I read about a zip file or something like it does it for u. I can't say for sure how to do it.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
    Hmm, anybody know where to find this zip or what to edit?

Sent From My Sprint Black Ice Galaxy Nexus

Phone
    Samsung Epic CM9

Quote Originally Posted by hookahzorr View Post

But my question is:

There is a link on here that the mms works, it changes the banner and its ice cream samich 4.0.4 I have it loaded, so does my girls.... mms you have to have really good coverage tho...

Overall activity: 1.0%

Data..YES....talk/text...NO

So, I have looked and looked. NO answer as of yet. First thanks to all of the ppl that took the time out to make this effort work for all....SALUTE!!! Now. I have a semi flashed epic to cricket. I have 3g (email and apps) but no talk or text. Can someone please give me reasons to why this may be happening...

Will I have to change my ESN?
    I had 2 ports on QSPT. They both had different ESN #s but when I wrote to the second port the ESN changed back to the first one I had. Can someone explain this?

Thanks again......from Chicago..!! On the $45 smartphone plan
    Last edited by sam4g; 06-27-2012 at 06:16 PM.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Did you put the phone on your account? ESN change... phone swap etc..
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread Information