Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Phone
    Samsung Epic 4G

Quote Originally Posted by xbiker321 View Post
    Thanks, I tried it and same situation with the one time send. I'll keep messing around with it too.
    So you were able to send but after sending to yourself it stopped working also?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

2. Remove this advertisement.
    xbiker321

Quote Originally Posted by epicnewbie69 View Post
    So you were able to send but after sending to yourself it stopped working also?

Yep, I was able to send out 1 mms.

Phone
    Samsung Epic 4G

i was finally able to send to myself and actually see it as myself as the sender but i was not able to download it. But for now so you can keep sending out to others i would just power off the phone wait a few secs turn it back on and you should be able to send out again. (In case the power off doesnt work you might have to delete and redo the APN) Ill keep you posted if i figure anything else out. But it seems like if i put the apn as Internet and Chap as authentication i can send to myself but not to anyone else. And even when i can send to myself i cant download it. I think we might need 3 apns on this phone. One to be able to send, one to receive and the other to send to yourself which is kinda dumb but i want this phone to be %100 working lol. Im not a professional flasher or anything like that so hopefully we can get someone to join us and figure this out once and for all.

Phone
    Samsung Epic 4G

Good news guys i was able to receive a text from my wifes ascend 2. I am still testing out a few more things to see if i can break it and make it work again. If what i did does in fact work after i remove and try it again ill be back to post the findings and how it was done. See you all tomorrow.

xbiker321

Quote Originally Posted by epicnewbie69 View Post
    Good news guys i was able to receive a text from my wifes ascend 2. I am still testing out a few more things to see if i can break it and make it work again. If what i did does in fact work after i remove and try it again ill be back to post the findings and how it was done. See you all tomorrow.
    Excellent work man. I wish I could be of service but I'm in Alaska for two weeks. Keep up the good stuff!!

Phone
    Samsung Epic 4G

Ok so i messed up the sending and i was able to fix it again so i have come up with a full solution at least for me. Im not sure if this will work for anyone else but by all means give it a try and hope it works for everyone. Chrisngrod is there any way i can upload some files to the forum for everyone to try out. Let me know Thanks. The fix involves no more than replacing 2 files on the system with root explorer and putting the apn that i will provide also.

Ok so for now try your apn and just use the two files im providing. the telephony.db needs to go in the dir data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases Just name the file thats already in there .old and put the Mms.apk in dir system/app and name the file in there .old

Let me know how it goes. i will restore all my old files delete my apn send a test which i know it will fail and i will try and make it work again with this same solution. I will get back to you all tomorrow and let you know how it goes.

Be sure to unzip the telephony zip and only put the telephony.db on the phone

Mms.apk

telephony.zip
    Last edited by epicnewbie69; 07-28-2011 at 12:28 AM.

Phone
    Samsung Epic 4G

Ok so as I mentioned I put all the old files back and it stopped working. Once I replaced the files I got sending to work again. Here's the downfall so far. I am only able to send pics that I take with the lowest 2 options. If I try 1.5mb for quality it will not send. If I figure anything else out I will let you know.

Overall activity: 0%

has anyone successfully fully flashed this phone yet?

Phone
    Samsung Epic 4G

Yes this phone has been flashed and everything works mms, web, apps, talk, text

Washington, District of Columbia, United States

So how to get mms do I just put the files where they belong?
    Swyped from my rooted overclocked and gb samsung epic!!!

Phone
    Samsung Epic 4G

Quote Originally Posted by samsungtransformer View Post
    So how to get mms do I just put the files where they belong?
    Swyped from my rooted overclocked and gb samsung epic!!!
    Yes just follow the directions that I posted and it will work. The only issue is you can only send pictures that are taken with the two lowest resolutions.

Washington, District of Columbia, United States

Okay I don't care I was just wondering why everyother phone has mms except the epic the mms phone!!!

Sent from my samsung epic 4g on cricket wireless

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

I can't think of it off the top of my head but there is probably a resizing setting built in. Also consider using an aftermarket mms app.

Sent from a Cricket HTC EVO 3D via Tapatalk.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Phone
    Samsung Epic 4G

Quote Originally Posted by samsungtransformer View Post
    Okay I don't care I was just wondering why everyother phone has mms except the epic the mms phone!!!

Sent from my samsung epic 4g on cricket wireless
    Well MMS works fine for me and as for taking pictures with the 2 lowest settings they still come out very clear. Never thought of using an aftermarket app to send pics that have a big resolution. Ill have to give that a try.

Nerd
    Phone
    Kyocera Dorado

I have a weird acting Epic. It is flashed and 3g pops up, but it would not have data connection. I have tried to set it up on 2 different accounts with the $55 Android plan, but none seems to be working. I have done ##RTN# to restore it back to default, and reflash it. Same thing: 3g shows up with no connection.

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information