Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Phone
    Samsung Epic 4G

Quote Originally Posted by notstandart View Post
    I have a weird acting Epic. It is flashed and 3g pops up, but it would not have data connection. I have tried to set it up on 2 different accounts with the $55 Android plan, but none seems to be working. I have done ##RTN# to restore it back to default, and reflash it. Same thing: 3g shows up with no connection.
    I had the same thing at first when i flashed it over to cricket. My mistake that i did was i deleted all the profiles that were in the MIP section. I only left 1 in there and configured it all but even with 3g showing up no internet was working. What i had to do was build 2 more profiles to have a total of 3 and just programmed all of them with the same settings. Once i programmed all the profiles i selected to use profile 1. After that 3g Data started to work instantly after the reboot and apps worked also. If you still have issues let me know and i will post up some pictures of my settings.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Nerd
    Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    Kyocera Dorado

Quote Originally Posted by epicnewbie69 View Post
    I had the same thing at first when i flashed it over to cricket. My mistake that i did was i deleted all the profiles that were in the MIP section. I only left 1 in there and configured it all but even with 3g showing up no internet was working. What i had to do was build 2 more profiles to have a total of 3 and just programmed all of them with the same settings. Once i programmed all the profiles i selected to use profile 1. After that 3g Data started to work instantly after the reboot and apps worked also. If you still have issues let me know and i will post up some pictures of my settings.
    You are so right! Thanks a lot!!!!!

Hey epicnewbie, I plan on trying your mms method today, quick question. Do I need to do the apn settings too or just copy those files over. A lil tutorial would be nice cuz I'm sure this would help A LOT of ppl. I've been looking everywhere since friday, and everywhere else just says its not possible.

Phone
    Samsung Epic 4G

Quote Originally Posted by Kingkiron View Post
    Hey epicnewbie, I plan on trying your mms method today, quick question. Do I need to do the apn settings too or just copy those files over. A lil tutorial would be nice cuz I'm sure this would help A LOT of ppl. I've been looking everywhere since friday, and everywhere else just says its not possible.
    Yes you need to put the apn setting also. I am still messing with it to be able to send up to 5mp pics but havent had much luck yet.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

hi, i got two epic 4g phones pretty much brand new and i am having the hardest time flashing them to cricket and get internet working, been trying for two weeks now. did exactly what directions say here, it didn't work, tried some other directions for evo. i have talk and text no problem but no internet. yesturday tried once again, i flashed the rom to ef stock, did all the steps again, now in ef green45k doesn't work, it wouldn't enable 3g (that's gingerbread by the way) and i got autostart put in and u2nl. the internet still did really work at first then i tried launching market, the market didn't load all the way but all of a sudden internet started working for websites, applications still don't work. when i do a restart nothing works again untill i launch market and it sits there loading but somehow i pushes the load and websites open but not apps or anything else. What am i missing here? i can give you all the setting out of the phone if you need to

Hey xzhenkax, mines the same way too. Autostart doesnt help at all. Only way I can get internet to work is by opening the market, and even then I have to wait > 5 minutes before it'll open. I'm using the hybrif prl btw in Phoenix, AZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingkiron View Post
    Hey xzhenkax, mines the same way too. Autostart doesnt help at all. Only way I can get internet to work is by opening the market, and even then I have to wait > 5 minutes before it'll open. I'm using the hybrif prl btw in Phoenix, AZ.
    ok, here is what i discovered from looking at this forum here and this maybe your issue as well, it's not mentioned anywhere on the web, i am surprised. but im Mip in QPSt when i was doing programing i deleted all profiles that actually have to be there for some reason, so last night i brought back to stock and i put in ec05 version due to a few things are not working with gingerbread. and then when i was programing in qpst i recreated 5 profiles with cricket settings. after all that my internet started working. i still had to put autostart and all that for the apps. but hey it's working now.

Washington, District of Columbia, United States

i just used the mms method and its not working

I used the anycut method, super easy, worked on both our epics. no?

The what method and where?

xbiker321

Quote Originally Posted by chrisngrod View Post
    Second$45 Plan Method

You must be rooted in order to do this. The easiest method is z4root which is attached. Just install it and run it. If it freezes for a long time, reboot and then run it immediately after the system stabilizes.

Get Autostart.sh & U2nl from whiterabbit.org (thanks to whiterabbit). Save autostart.sh and U2nl in C:\android\tools\.

Before starting the next step make sure you have the u2nl file in your this folder c:\android\tools and also that you have you autostart.sh file in this folder c:\android\tools
    Now go to command prompt and type the following commands,

cd c:\android\tools <enter>
    adb shell <enter>
    mkdir /data/opt/ <enter>
    exit <enter>
    adb remount <enter>
    adb push c:\android\tools\u2nl /system/bin/u2nl <enter>
    adb push c:\android\tools\autostart.sh /data/opt/autostart.sh <enter>
    Now:
    adb shell <enter>
    chmod 0755 /system/bin/u2nl <enter>
    chmod 0755 /data/opt/autostart.sh <enter>
    exit <enter>
    adb reboot <enter>

Install Autostart from the Market or download it form the bottom of this post and install it. Reboot the phone (sometimes it will take more than 1 reboot) and give the Superuser Permission box a few seconds to pop up. Autostart will be looking for permission. Grant it.

If you have problems doing this from the command prompt, you can move these files with something like Root Explorer. Just place the files on your SDCard.

Your Internet should work now.
    I'm trying to do this, finding those files on whiterabbit was a challenge alone. Now how to I put the Autostart.sh and U2nl file onto C:/andriod/tools ??
    The files are currently on my SD card. I'm rooted and have Adao File Manager that I tried copying the files to My Phone but it just popped up a write error.

Those files should be on your computer I'm guessing, since Android is linux and doesnt have a C: drive. I just used the 55 android method and installed scriptrunner from market and put those files in the scriptrunner directory.

xbiker321

Ugh, I know this is a BIG request but I did something in QPST and cannot get my 3G icon to come up anymore. Can someone please post all the QPST settings, like this fella did for the EVO - http://www.cricketusers.com/flashing...s-cricket.html

Thank you so much. This will also help out others in the future.
    I tried watching Chris do the flash in the video and I copied his settings exactly but it didn't work.

Sorry, I was referring to the guys who couldn't get the 1st two methods of internet connection to work, I used the 3rd option listed in the OP, using anycut app to created a proxy shortcut. Seems to work fine on both our 2 epics, we're on the $45 plan, with 3g talk, text, and internet. Only issues are the usual lack of working MMS and we don't have voicemail notification. Hope that helps.

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Hey guys I followed all the instructions here. My phone shows 3g but nothing really works... Would it be because im at the d.c market? I heard cricket in this area is tri-band. Does it really have something to do with this? Or do I have to root the epic to get to work? I would really appreciate some help. By the way awesome website. Thanks.

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information