Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Recognized Developer
    Overall activity: 0%

Phone
    GS3, GNex, RAZR

It uses Android Market's (Google's) built in licensing mechanism to check legitimate purchases.

I wouldn't backup/restore the application data (There isn't anything worthwhile to backup), just the application itself.

2. Remove this advertisement.

That was probably the issue.

So, new question -- updated to CM9 Alpha. 3G icon shows up, but GreenK45 does not appear to work. It just hangs when trying to enable... Any thoughts or chances this will be working soon/future? Or maybe a workaround for the meantime to manually setup things to cricket?

Recognized Developer

Phone
    GS3, GNex, RAZR

Use one of the busybox installers in the Market to get busybox installed on your device, that seems to solve most issues...

Quote Originally Posted by mraabhimself View Post
    Use one of the busybox installers in the Market to get busybox installed on your device, that seems to solve most issues...
    I have Ice Cream Sandwich and your application hangs. BusyBox is installed. Are you certain your app runs on ICS?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails screenshot_2012-01-31-08-18-07.png  

Overall activity: 3.0%

How did you get data working...I can't even get 3g to pop up. Tried the flash zip n nothing.

Recognized Developer

Phone
    GS3, GNex, RAZR

Quote Originally Posted by terinfire View Post
    I have Ice Cream Sandwich and your application hangs. BusyBox is installed. Are you certain your app runs on ICS?
    I personally tested GreenK45 using my Fascinate running ICS, it works without issue...

Quote Originally Posted by dblkspecial View Post
    How did you get data working...I can't even get 3g to pop up. Tried the flash zip n nothing.
    Seems like you need to program your device correctly. No 1X/3G logo = No connectivity.

Quote Originally Posted by mraabhimself View Post
    I personally tested GreenK45 using my Fascinate running ICS, it works without issue...

Seems like you need to program your device correctly. No 1X/3G logo = No connectivity.
    I seem to be having the same problem.
    I don't have Cricket, I use Revol, which from what I hear is extremely similar.
    Basically, I couldn't get any CM or MIUI rom working with data until I found your Alternate Carrier Data fix.
    I was able to finally use data after months of trying to figure it out.
    The only problem is, it doesn't seem to be working with the latest release of CM9 for the Epic.
    Before flashing the fix, my Data Icon is visible but doesn't work, but after I flash it doesn't show up at all.
    I've tried cycling through airplane mode and 4G(Sometimes my data doesn't start right away unless I do this)
    I also tried running the GreenK45, but it hangs after pressing enable.
    Which could very well be another bug since CM9 is only an alpha build

Either way, any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you so much!

Ken,

I have the same issue. I'm starting to think some of the code for the in-between (i.e. APN's, etc) is failing. I tried using my work logon with my work wifi (which works in CM7) and have not had any success. I imagine that there may be a problem with the in-between layer. My normal wifi works.

EDIT: Ken, also keep in mind that the fix that was posted for alternative carriers actually overwrites some of the actual Android OS libs, if I remember correctly (thought it overwrote one and added the configs for alternative carriers in a few files). If you overwrite Android OS 4 with OS 2.3... you could potentially have issues.

M Raab,

I'm up for what was discussed in PMs. Though, do you have a guide for how you flashed your Fascinate and what settings were necessary? I want to verify that I followed the same steps. I assume you just did QPST to setup the mobile data and IP information, correct? Is that even necessary if you use GreenK45, since it sets up all of the APN's and proxies appropriately?

Is there any way to verify that GreenK45 is putting in the correct proxies on the phone via adb or even better -- through the UI?

Thanks!

Overall activity: 3.0%

How would I program while on cm9? I can't get qpst working..any help is appreciated

A few things:

1) QPST can *ONLY* be used on a Stock ROM. If you're on CM7/9, or even a non-Sprint ROM, you need to flash back to a standard ROM with Odin.
    2) CM9 currently does not have working data for Cricket with or without fixes. There was a massive change in how things are working with it, now. MRaab and I debugged it a little bit and found that even if the icon shows, nothing actually "works." We need to either wait for a more stable ROM or something else.

Well hopefully we figure it out, I'll do anything I can to help.
    It sucks because I just found the data fix after all these months, right when CM9 drops.
    But at least I can still use CM7 now.

hey gjuys i have the cyanogen 7.2 rom and im trying to find the commands on how to get into the username window to check my settings for cricket as well as the window for changing uart and usb to modem from pda becuz the old ##8778# and ##3282# now dont work

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information