Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 3.0%

Customer Since
    Jul 2011
    Phone
    Galaxy S D700

Epic 4G Weird Programming Issue?!

So these may be a horribly noob-ish questions, and for that I'm sorry in advance, but I'm new here so please bear with me.

I bought a used Sprint Epic, used QPST and followed the tutorials, entered numbers and passwords in the right spots, etc. Now I have a 3G symbol, confirmed working data (downloaded 2 apps from market, boom no problem over 3G with WIFI turned off), however, I have no talk or text. When I dial I am asked "if you would like to make a collect call...blah blah etc," and sending texts fails. I tried switching phones on mycricket.com (from ZTE X500, $55 plan) and I get an error when entering the MEID, saying my phone switch cannot be accommodated at this time and to try again later (ESN is too short to enter on the site, but it does take the MEID until I get the error). Do I have to call customer sevice and give them the MEID to activate it? And if so, why does my data work already?

I've also been getting mixed messages from forums about Cricket refusing or being unable to activate flashed phones in "tri-band areas." I live outside Chicago which is one such area, however I used a Sprint/Cricket hybrid PRL and my phone must be connecting to a tower just fine if data works, right? What exactly IS the deal with that anyways? I just don't want some snotty Cricket rep giving me crap about activating a flashed phone in a tri-band area. Should I lie to them about which phone it is and just read the rep the MEID?

Thanks guys!
    Last edited by cuytastic101; 10-23-2012 at 02:51 AM.

2. Remove this advertisement.

Customer Since
    Jul 2011
    Phone
    Galaxy S D700

Seriously... no one has even the remotest piece of insight?

Gold Member
    Overall activity: 99.2%

Quote Originally Posted by cuytastic101 View Post
    Seriously... no one has even the remotest piece of insight?
    You didnt specify a time frame that you had to have an answer which might be why.

Overall activity: 0%

Customer Since
    1000 B.C.
    Phone
    Kyocera K132

Cricket will know its a flashed phone once you give them your MEID/ESN

Customer Since
    Jul 2011
    Phone
    Galaxy S D700

Well I just paid for and submitted an ESN change form on here so hopefully that's the final step I have been missing.

Customer Since

Quote Originally Posted by cuytastic101 View Post
    So these may be a horribly noob-ish questions, and for that I'm sorry in advance, but I'm new here so please bear with me.

I bought a used Sprint Epic, used QPST and followed the tutorials, entered numbers and passwords in the right spots, etc. Now I have a 3G symbol, confirmed working data (downloaded 2 apps from market, boom no problem over 3G with WIFI turned off), however, I have no talk or text. When I dial I am asked "if you would like to make a collect call...blah blah etc," and sending texts fails. I tried switching phones on mycricket.com (from ZTE X500, $55 plan) and I get an error when entering the MEID, saying my phone switch cannot be accommodated at this time and to try again later (ESN is too short to enter on the site, but it does take the MEID until I get the error). Do I have to call customer sevice and give them the MEID to activate it? And if so, why does my data work already?

I've also been getting mixed messages from forums about Cricket refusing or being unable to activate flashed phones in "tri-band areas." I live outside Chicago which is one such area, however I used a Sprint/Cricket hybrid PRL and my phone must be connecting to a tower just fine if data works, right? What exactly IS the deal with that anyways? I just don't want some snotty Cricket rep giving me crap about activating a flashed phone in a tri-band area. Should I lie to them about which phone it is and just read the rep the MEID?

Thanks guys!
    I have the same exact problem did you ever get that solved? I'm looking for a solution but seem to nothing get dead ends..

Customer Since
    1000 B.C.
    Phone
    Kyocera K132

There is no solution, buy a triband phone, you are in an AWS market nothing can be done that is legal, you could flash it to boost

Thread Information