Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    DroidX Apex rom2.0

Quote Originally Posted by beaver619 View Post
    i dont get this, where is system app at?

Now we get to the part where we get MMS working.
    Delete the mms.apk located in system/app
    Drop the attached mms.apk into system/app
    Delete the telephony.db file located in data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases
    Drop the attached telephony.db in data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases (Be sure to rename the telephony.db file you downloaded back to telephony.db before dropping it back into data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databa
    Use file explorer (from the market) to get there...
    remember to mount the folder with read /write permission
    Swyped this from my DroidX using Tapatalk

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Supporting Member
    Overall activity: 1.0%

how do i mount he folder with read/write permissions

i do not see a system folder in my sd card

Phone
    DroidX Apex rom2.0

how do i mount he folder with read/write permissions

i do not see a system folder in my sd card
    Im sorry I meant file expert app...when you open the app goto settings and make sure you give it permission to root explorer, now when you navigate to the folder hit menu, click more the u will see the mount option

Supporting Member

i tried to cut the file and i cannot find the option to paste it..i deleted mms.apk in the system app but i still see it there after i delete it

Supporting Member

shit instead of deleting the telephony.db i deleted the whole telephony folder..what do i do now..****

Phone
    DroidX Apex rom2.0

shit instead of deleting the telephony.db i deleted the whole telephony folder..what do i do now..****
    Lol just make a new folder in the same location...and I would use copy command instead of cut...either way once you cut or copy...once you hit menu should be the first box to paste on the folder

Supporting Member

okay i did all the mms change and telephony or wtv...still no luck...i give up...but thanks for the help

Phone
    DroidX Apex rom2.0

okay i did all the mms change and telephony or wtv...still no luck...i give up...but thanks for the help
    Sorry u couldn't get it

Phone
    DroidX Apex rom2.0

One last thing did you go into rom manager and click on fix permission And reboot? ? ?

Last edited by valentinoh; 06-08-2011 at 01:16 PM.

Hi, i have contacted you couple of days ago was having problem activating than i got it all working at one point then i had to reflash rom because it was having some issues, but now when i try to get data working, it won't do it, and i tried more than dozen of times now reflashing rom, or going to stock, still not happening. my 3g icon just disappeared all together, prl 42900, ROM IS gummy jar. i did everything as it says in the forum, modified apns, added profiles in qpst did put in u2nl and autostart.sh and autostart.apk and still no icon and no data. i can get it through wifi but nothing else. my stock rom was vzw .20. i have a 45 plan, and droid 2. is there a way that they disabled the data? i don't know what else can go wrong i've reflashed so many times, i can do it blind now.
    please let me know what is not working or is there a way to activate autostart manually maybe apk is not launching it. i read it somewhere can be the problem

Phone
    DroidX Apex rom2.0

Quote Originally Posted by xzhenkax View Post
    Hi, i have contacted you couple of days ago was having problem activating than i got it all working at one point then i had to reflash rom because it was having some issues, but now when i try to get data working, it won't do it, and i tried more than dozen of times now reflashing rom, or going to stock, still not happening. my 3g icon just disappeared all together, prl 42900, ROM IS gummy jar. i did everything as it says in the forum, modified apns, added profiles in qpst did put in u2nl and autostart.sh and autostart.apk and still no icon and no data. i can get it through wifi but nothing else. my stock rom was vzw .20. i have a 45 plan, and droid 2. is there a way that they disabled the data? i don't know what else can go wrong i've reflashed so many times, i can do it blind now.
    please let me know what is not working or is there a way to activate autostart manually maybe apk is not launching it. i read it somewhere can be the problem
    No don't think they disabled your data lol umm no 3g icon? Did you just flash a new rom or you flashed by .sbf ? Go back to qpst make sure all your data settings are still there

This is more of an irritant than a problem. Using your guides, thank you very much, I successfully flashed the wife's Droid to cricKet from Verizon. #1 - When some location dependant apps load, like the weather chunk in the native alarm app, the location can't be determined. But in others, like Google Maps, no problem. I'm guessing one is based on location of cell tower and the other is real GPS. Where do I start looking for a fix? I've Googled, but couldn't find anything. #2 - Android Market is still showing the Verizon app link instead of the My App link. I've noticed that the Market with the Verizon link is missing a lot of apps I use and are available in the generic Market. Any ideas about how to switch to the non-Verizon Android Market? Thanks again.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Quote Originally Posted by rsdin559 View Post
    This is more of an irritant than a problem. Using your guides, thank you very much, I successfully flashed the wife's Droid to cricKet from Verizon. #1 - When some location dependant apps load, like the weather chunk in the native alarm app, the location can't be determined. But in others, like Google Maps, no problem. I'm guessing one is based on location of cell tower and the other is real GPS. Where do I start looking for a fix? I've Googled, but couldn't find anything. #2 - Android Market is still showing the Verizon app link instead of the My App link. I've noticed that the Market with the Verizon link is missing a lot of apps I use and are available in the generic Market. Any ideas about how to switch to the non-Verizon Android Market? Thanks again.
    What ROM are you using?
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Recognized Developer

Phone
    GS3, GNex, RAZR

Android Market is still showing the Verizon app link instead of the My App link. I've noticed that the Market with the Verizon link is missing a lot of apps I use and are available in the generic Market. Any ideas about how to switch to the non-Verizon Android Market?
    Open up /system/build.prop with a text editor > change all instances of "android-verizon" to either "android-google" (blank market) or "android-cricket" > save file > reboot
    Last edited by mraabhimself; 06-16-2011 at 03:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisngrod View Post
    What ROM are you using?
    Cyanogen clockwork. Actually, no I'm not. I used the Super One Click, I didn't notice which ROM it installed. I tried the Z4 root linked to in the procedure, but it failed each time I tried it.

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information