Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

I greatly appreciate your information however I am in hopes you or someone may be able to assist me. I have a Motorola Droid A855 that I took to an authorized Cricket store to get "fully flashed", after taking it back to them 3x's I finally have the 3G icon however am still unable to connect to the web or send/receive picture messages, etc. This time I thought I could read up and finish the process myself. That said, I am having issues with the first step with "HW Virtual Port Manager" and receive the message of "Ping to device failed, check device
    Can't create serial port with this name". I then looked in my Device Manager and see no port tree however I do see the driver under Disk Drives in Manager, I also see my device in "Devices" as well as being mounted to my pc. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the driver numerous times as well as updating (all current). Any advice or suggestions please!!

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    DroidX Apex rom2.0

Quote Originally Posted by tmnett View Post
    I greatly appreciate your information however I am in hopes you or someone may be able to assist me. I have a Motorola Droid A855 that I took to an authorized Cricket store to get "fully flashed", after taking it back to them 3x's I finally have the 3G icon however am still unable to connect to the web or send/receive picture messages, etc. This time I thought I could read up and finish the process myself. That said, I am having issues with the first step with "HW Virtual Port Manager" and receive the message of "Ping to device failed, check device
    Can't create serial port with this name". I then looked in my Device Manager and see no port tree however I do see the driver under Disk Drives in Manager, I also see my device in "Devices" as well as being mounted to my pc. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the driver numerous times as well as updating (all current). Any advice or suggestions please!!
    for web and market have you tried this....assuming you have $45 plan
    http://www.cricketusers.com/flashing....html#post9302

I have upgraded to the Android plan, just can't use it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by mraabhimself View Post
    Open up /system/build.prop with a text editor > change all instances of "android-verizon" to either "android-google" (blank market) or "android-cricket" > save file > reboot
    It appears to be read only I'm using Astro. Can I unlock,it? This feels dangerous, like playing with Windows registry.

Phone
    DroidX Apex rom2.0

Quote Originally Posted by rsdin559 View Post
    It appears to be read only I'm using Astro. Can I unlock,it? This feels dangerous, like playing with Windows registry.
    It can be dangerous....and its almost alot like windows reg. Lol...thats why you always should make a nandroid backup before continuing

And if your not rooted don't think you can mess with system files

Swyped this from my Droidx using tapatalk
    Last edited by valentinoh; 06-17-2011 at 12:27 PM.

Hi I'm new here and I want to flash my a Verizon Motorola droid A855 to cricket wireless but I don't now were to start. Do I have to unlock it first or do i not need to unlock it just flash it? and by the way what is unlocking a cell phone all about? I need help I'm confused with unlocking a cellphone and flashing a cellphone?

Phone
    DroidX Apex rom2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Lcharger View Post
    Hi I'm new here and I want to flash my a Verizon Motorola droid A855 to cricket wireless but I don't now were to start. Do I have to unlock it first or do i not need to unlock it just flash it? and by the way what is unlocking a cell phone all about? I need help I'm confused with unlocking a cellphone and flashing a cellphone?
    Have you tried to start from the beginning of the tutorial from this post? ? If you can try to follow that and If you get stuck feel free to ask more questions

Last edited by valentinoh; 06-17-2011 at 07:02 PM.

Phone
    HTC ERIS

So, I've gotten stuck on trying to flash my Droid to Cricket. I've been following the tutorial. I could not root with zRoot. So, I used RSDLite, which seemed to work. I then tried to use clockwork, but it keeps saying that my phone is not rooted. I'm obvisouly missing something. I then downloaded smokedglass, unzipped it, and put it in a directory on the sd card. Though, I could not install it once it was unzipped. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jay

Phone
    DroidX Apex rom2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Jay@Mobilis View Post
    So, I've gotten stuck on trying to flash my Droid to Cricket. I've been following the tutorial. I could not root with zRoot. So, I used RSDLite, which seemed to work. I then tried to use clockwork, but it keeps saying that my phone is not rooted. I'm obvisouly missing something. I then downloaded smokedglass, unzipped it, and put it in a directory on the sd card. Though, I could not install it once it was unzipped. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jay
    On the zip files you don't unzip them just leave them a downloaded... But it probably won't install cause you need custom recovery to install it.... What rom does it currently have?

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Motorola Droid: Full Update Guide - CyanogenMod Wiki

Did you follow this? I would use CM6 or CM7. There are a couple ones that won't work, but most of the stable builds will.

Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Phone
    HTC ERIS

Chrisngrod - I did end up following that earlier today and it got it working. I just need to run greenk45 now on it. I also found that your hybrid prl is to big for QXDM to load. It keeps timing out. I went ahead and loaded the prl I have been using for the meantime till I get around to buying a copy of cdmaworkshop.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Quote Originally Posted by Jay@Mobilis View Post
    Chrisngrod - I did end up following that earlier today and it got it working. I just need to run greenk45 now on it. I also found that your hybrid prl is to big for QXDM to load. It keeps timing out. I went ahead and loaded the prl I have been using for the meantime till I get around to buying a copy of cdmaworkshop.
    I use QPST to load it. I heard CDMA won't load it either.

----- Sent on my Cricket Gingerbread Droid 2 on Cricket (tapatalk)
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

i had my droid flashed and it worked great till yesterday now it says multimedia messages r being sent but my device dosent support these messages can i fix this with the tools you provided here or do i need to do a full flash again. also can this be done on windows 7 or is xp better

Overall activity: 2.0%

When I press t and boot on my droid nothing special happens. I boot right into my rooted rom and I get an error in cdma stating that the phone is not responding. What am I doing wrong?

My com port seems to be working but I don't know how to check?

Phone
    DroidX Apex rom2.0

Quote Originally Posted by vdubr928 View Post
    When I press t and boot on my droid nothing special happens. I boot right into my rooted rom and I get an error in cdma stating that the phone is not responding. What am I doing wrong?

My com port seems to be working but I don't know how to check?
    When you boot the phone while holding T, it's suppose boot like normal...then you setup hw virtual serial ports....then you can hook up via cdma w.s or qpst

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information