Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%

Phone
    Ascend 2/OG Droid

Also folks...do not forget to *228 your phones once you've flashed. I sold my Ascend 2 to someone...forgot to *228 my droid and misadventures ensued. Solved the problem though...remember...*228 your new phone.

2. Remove this advertisement.

does my phone have to be at stock 2.01 or can i update using the official Update.zip. or should i do it the way that they are saying at whiterabbit.org

Quote Originally Posted by rapper379 View Post
    does my phone have to be at stock 2.01 or can i update using the official Update.zip. or should i do it the way that they are saying at whiterabbit.org
    You can be on a different ROM I am using MIUI on that phone and it works just the same

"You know, a long time ago being crazy meant something. Nowadays everybody's crazy."

so i can just start at froyo then root the phone.
    Also can i flash the phone then bring it to best buy, sign up for the cricket 55$plan then fill in the missing info in the apn?or should i get the plan 1st then flash the phone

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Quote Originally Posted by rapper379 View Post
    so i can just start at froyo then root the phone.
    Also can i flash the phone then bring it to best buy, sign up for the cricket 55$plan then fill in the missing info in the apn?or should i get the plan 1st then flash the phone
    As far as I know Best Buy only does the PayGo stuff. If you want a normal account, you have to visit a Cricket location. You'll have to check if those plans are available in your area.

I'd always have an account first. A Cricket corporate store in my experience requires that the phone be flashed, but their idea of flashing is just having a Cricket PRL on it. They CAN start an account without the phone being flashed. Now if they are willing to.... YMMV.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Can Some one please make a video tutiorial i have been stuck on this since 12:30 pm idk what not right i have the drivers installed and everything bt when i try to connect it with hw serial port it say that the vsp was connected but when it got lan it say error & when i go to cmd ws it say failed cannot connect with phone or something i need help & i will become a supporting member

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Quote Originally Posted by cricketiskool View Post
    Can Some one please make a video tutiorial i have been stuck on this since 12:30 pm idk what not right i have the drivers installed and everything bt when i try to connect it with hw serial port it say that the vsp was connected but when it got lan it say error & when i go to cmd ws it say failed cannot connect with phone or something i need help & i will become a supporting member
    Did you boot the device while holding the "T" button and use all the correct settings for HW Serial Port as described in the tutorial?
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

yes i did all of that the setting are right & in the seriel port the udp do not show my device at all

Quote Originally Posted by chrisngrod View Post
    Did you boot the device while holding the "T" button and use all the correct settings for HW Serial Port as described in the tutorial?
    \

yes the setting are right

Overall activity: 99.0%
    Phone
    3VO

How about the drivers. Let them load up.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

yes i let them load up before i click create com

can anybody help me i will become a supportin member if i get this working

Overall activity: 1.0%

Hey, give me like 3 hours... at work. But I will make you a video and upload all the files i used to get mine to actually work (tutorial left me shafted too)

This is my very 1st post. I don't know where to post this but I made a break thru and wanted to share in hopes that it helps somebody else the way this forum has helped me. I haven't read everything so i hope i'm not duplicating someone elses post. I'm still working on my mms issue. However, i figured out a problem with slow internet and possibly 3g issues. Its the radio (baseband). I'm running 2.2 on OG motorola droid kernel 2.6.32.9. I can't remember my original baseband but i started having issues. Did some google searching and decided to change the radio. I up graded to C_01.43.01.P and my phone ran HORRIBLE!!! Slow internet, slow downloads, youtube was basically nonexistant it was so slow. Went to google again and after some homework figured out that there are problems with some radios (basebands) especially C_01.43.01.P. Found out one of the best ones is C_01.3E.01P which from what i understand is one of the original ones. So i switched and its back to being fast again. Uninterupted video streams, quick downloads...you name it.

I'm still kind of a newb, but i've come this far and wanted to share, especially for those whose internet speeds are dragging and after rom switch after rom switch, seems like nothing else works. It may not be the rom, it may be the baseband.

sethgandy, did you do a video for the flashing for the droid, please i need help.

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread Information