Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Phone
    Droid 1

Question Droid 1 flashed to Cricket, lost 3G after trying a new rom.

About a month or so ago, I bought a Droid 1 and got it flashed to Cricket at a store for about 60$. But, I recently got bored with the 2.2 look and wanted to try a new rom. I got one, installed it etc, but then I saw that I no longer have 3g. I thought it was just with that rom, so I reverted back to my backup of what I was using before, stock froyo 2.2. I still had no 3g. But, I still have the 1x connection. Is there anything I can do to get the 3g back? I don't want to have to pay the same price again to flash it back to cricket. Talk/Text/MMS work, just not 3g or internet.

EDIT - I tried doing this on the apparent network outage on the 17th. Could that be why? :/
    Last edited by Paratisii; 06-19-2011 at 04:28 PM.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    DroidX Apex rom2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Paratisii View Post
    About a month or so ago, I bought a Droid 1 and got it flashed to Cricket at a store for about 60$. But, I recently got bored with the 2.2 look and wanted to try a new rom. I got one, installed it etc, but then I saw that I no longer have 3g. I thought it was just with that rom, so I reverted back to my backup of what I was using before, stock froyo 2.2. I still had no 3g. But, I still have the 1x connection. Is there anything I can do to get the 3g back? I don't want to have to pay the same price again to flash it back to cricket. Talk/Text/MMS work, just not 3g or internet.

EDIT - I tried doing this on the apparent network outage on the 17th. Could that be why? :/
    You can hook your phone up to the computer and check your qpst settings..just follow the droid tutorial on this forum and you should be fine.... Ask if you have any more questions

Swyped this from my Droidx using tapatalk

Phone
    Droid 1

Recognized Developer

Phone
    GS3, GNex, RAZR

Are you on the $45 plan? I doubt a nandroid restore can put Verizon' s NV data / settings back to the phone. Perhaps you have to use the proxy workaround to get internet working. Try installing greenK45, linked below in my signature.

Phone
    Droid 1

I'm on the 55$ Android plan. I'll try greenK45 now.

Recognized Developer

Phone
    GS3, GNex, RAZR

If you're 100% sure you're on the Android plan, there should be no need for the proxy fix. Keep in mind, I am experiencing a data outage as I am typing this. (No 3g or 1x symbol)

Phone
    Droid 1

Hmm.. I'm getting 1x. Wait a minute. I think I might know the problem. The phone I had before the Droid was my huawei ascend. It's on right now, getting 3g. Apparently it's still activated on Cricket with my number, just like my Droid? How can I get the 3g back on the droid and not he Huawei?

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Phone
    Droid 1

It wasn't the data outage. 3G is back in my area, but not for people on the 55$ plan.. Works on my mom's phone. Is there anyway I can make the Droid my main phone and not the Huawei? I've barely been able to send texts lately, and calling doesn't work all the time. On my Huawei texting and calling work 100%. What can I do? When I got it flashed, they didn't tell me this would happen. I'll have to check if 3G works on my Huawei again.
    Last edited by Paratisii; 06-22-2011 at 06:36 PM.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

This is actually an error in the system where data profiles will keep deactivated phones on the Internet. It probably won't "steal" the Internet from the other device, but you can go ahead and keep it off if you want. If you contact us and send your number, we can look and see what your account looks like.

What PRL are you using? Have you opened it up in QPST and checked the settings? It would have sucked if something reverted back to vzw. We probably need to do some basic problem solving and cover all bases.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

im having a problem similar to this one. I'm using an htc incredible on the $45 plan just flashed my phone to cricket myself using chrisngrod's tutorial http://www.cricketusers.com/verizon-...#axzz1ebrHLcUa
    and i had the 3g icon but could not access the internet because i didn't have greenk45 installed, i couldn't access the android market because for some reason my rom which is the token419's rom for the incredible would let me connect to my wifi connection but would not allow me to get on the web or the market or update the weather etc. so i thought i might restore to my stock 2.2 rom and use the working wifi to download greenk45. after wipping data and cache then restoring to my stock rom from a backup i had made previous to flashing to cricket, my 3g icon went away and under my connection settings "mobile network" just says "turning on..." but never does turn on, i went back to my custom rom thinking that might help and i still dont have the 3g enabled, i went into qpst and double checked all my settings and used 2 different prl's:42900 and 35568, then i even changed the mobile ip behavior between simple ip only and mob + simp f/back and rewrote to my phone several times but with no avail, i still have working calling and texting, not sure about mms but still no 3g, also i just activated this cricket account today and the number they gave me is a temporary number, if that helps.

got 3g to work with calling and text, i turned off my phone then powered into hboot menu and clicked factory restore then cleared my data and cache in clockwork recovery then when the phone booted i went through qpst and flashed my phone once more and i got everything to work except mms but that's because i'm using stock 2.2 froyo and i'm just going to manually change my apn settings to get mms to work, hope this info helped some one.

Thread Information