Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Jumpmaster
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Droid, DX, D2 GINGERBREAD 2.3.3 MMS Modifications for Flashing to Cricket

Okay so what a big PITA. Finally got it down I think though. This was giving me a big headache. This works with Cyanogenmod 7.0.0 RC4-Droid.

Once phone reboots go to the market using WI-FI and download and install Autostart root required
    Open the Voice Dialer on the phone and say "Open APNs" and click open. Or use Anycut to make a shortcut to the APNs.

Click on the Verizon and edit everything to match below:

For the 45 plan with u2nl and autostart!

Name - Cricket
    APN internet
    Proxy wap.mycricket.com:8080
    Port 8080
    Username yourphonenumber@mycricket.com
    Password cricket
    Server wap.mycricket.com
    MMSC
    http://mms.mycricket.com/servlets/mms

MMS Proxy <Not Set> <-- just leave blank
    MMS Port 8080
    MCC 310
    MNC 004
    Authentication Type PAP or CHAP
    APN type default,mms,dun

For the 55 Android Plan

Name - Cricket
    APN internet
    Proxy <Not Set> <-- just leave blank
    Port <Not Set> <-- just leave blank
    Password cricket
    Server wap.mycricket.com
    MMSC

MMS Port 8080
    MCC 310
    MNC 004
    APN type default,mms,dun

The 55 Android plan settings also worked with the rooted Gingerbread leaked Verizon rom for the Droid 2.2 that came out this week.

Please go to the Droid 2 thread for some additional modifications that had to be done.

http://www.cricketusers.com/verizon-...s-cricket.html

Last edited by Chris Rodriguez; 03-31-2011 at 03:50 PM.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

2. Remove this advertisement.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisngrod View Post
    Okay so what a big PITA. Finally got it down I think though. This was giving me a big headache. This works with Cyanogenmod 7.0.0 RC4-Droid.

Once phone reboots go to the market using WI-FI and download and install Autostart root required
    Open the Voice Dialer on the phone and say "Open APNs" and click open. Or use Anycut to make a shortcut to the APNs.

Click on the Verizon and edit everything to match below:

For the 45 plan with u2nl and autostart!

Name - Cricket
    APN internet
    Proxy wap.mycricket.com:8080
    Port 8080
    Password cricket
    Server wap.mycricket.com
    MMSC

MMS Port 8080
    MCC 310
    MNC 004
    APN type default,mms,dun

For the 55 Android Plan

Name - Cricket
    APN internet
    Proxy <Not Set> <-- just leave blank
    Port <Not Set> <-- just leave blank
    Password cricket
    Server wap.mycricket.com
    MMSC

MMS Port 8080
    MCC 310
    MNC 004
    APN type default,mms,dun

The 55 Android plan settings also worked with the rooted Gingerbread leaked Verizon rom for the Droid 2.2 that came out this week.

Please go to the Droid 2 thread for some additional modifications that had to be done.

http://www.cricketusers.com/verizon-...s-cricket.html
    hey chris, you flashed my phone a few months back and everything was working good and all the sudden mms stopped working so i searched the internet and got it working again, but now a couple weeks ago it stopped working again and i cant seem to get it going again.. one setting i cant change is the MNC because as soon as i do the apn disappears. just wondering if you have any advice or insight.. thanks bro

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Hey... Cricket's MMS system is always funny, and I definitely don't mean haha funny.

It's hard to send receive MMS in general and especially with bigger files and a semi weak 3g signal. It is preferable to set wifi off when dealing with MMS because the 3g doesn't always kick on. Unfortunately we cannot download MMS from wifi due to the MMS proxy I believe.

I did notice at times that changing the MNC can make the APN disappear. You might want to setup everything in an xml file and then use APN Backup Restore to delete APNs and then restore the correct one.

I can try to upgrade your Droid to Cyanogenmod 7 RC 4 (Gingerbread) and get the MMS working. On one phone it worked fine in general. In another it required the 55 plan.

Just let me know.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Quote Originally Posted by chrisngrod View Post
    Hey... Cricket's MMS system is always funny, and I definitely don't mean haha funny.

It's hard to send receive MMS in general and especially with bigger files and a semi weak 3g signal. It is preferable to set wifi off when dealing with MMS because the 3g doesn't always kick on. Unfortunately we cannot download MMS from wifi due to the MMS proxy I believe.

I did notice at times that changing the MNC can make the APN disappear. You might want to setup everything in an xml file and then use APN Backup Restore to delete APNs and then restore the correct one.

I can try to upgrade your Droid to Cyanogenmod 7 RC 4 (Gingerbread) and get the MMS working. On one phone it worked fine in general. In another it required the 55 plan.

Just let me know.
    ok thx, ill try the xml editing.. i have it(droid 1) on peter alfonso's GPA 14 atm, do you think CM7 would help things out?? i just updated the orl to 42900 as well and it seemed to help my signal strength some.

Supporting Member
    Overall activity: 2.0%

That is the newest prl I have. I've actually made a Sprint/Cricket hybrid prl that I want to try in a tri band area. I already know that in emergencies I can call 911 even when on Verizon.

The CM7 release is just nice, and I've personally tested it so I know it works.

----- Sent on my Cricket Gingerbread Droid 2 on Cricket (tapatalk)

Quote Originally Posted by AndroidDude View Post
    That is the newest prl I have. I've actually made a Sprint/Cricket hybrid prl that I want to try in a tri band area. I already know that in emergencies I can call 911 even when on Verizon.

The CM7 release is just nice, and I've personally tested it so I know it works.

ok chris i've found something out.. please help me!!

i flashed a buddy of mines droid 1 to cricket from verizon and he's using the same rom i am which is GPA 14(by peter alfonso) and he had the stock verizon APN so which had the MNC set to 004 instead of 016 like mine does.. so i changed the apn settings to cricket and left the MNC 004 and his mms works flawlessly even with the stock messaging app so this has to be the problem. so i backed his APN up and uploaded it to my fone and tried to restore it to my phone with apn restore/backup and it won't show an apn when after i do it.. do you know of anyway i can get the MNC back to 004 from 016 and have it not disappear?

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Quote Originally Posted by zyrtek69 View Post
    ok chris i've found something out.. please help me!!

i flashed a buddy of mines droid 1 to cricket from verizon and he's using the same rom i am which is GPA 14(by peter alfonso) and he had the stock verizon APN so which had the MNC set to 004 instead of 016 like mine does.. so i changed the apn settings to cricket and left the MNC 004 and his mms works flawlessly even with the stock messaging app so this has to be the problem. so i backed his APN up and uploaded it to my fone and tried to restore it to my phone with apn restore/backup and it won't show an apn when after i do it.. do you know of anyway i can get the MNC back to 004 from 016 and have it not disappear?
    I think we discussed elsewhere how it sometimes disappears with those settings. It's probably still there however it does disappear from the normal APN screen. If you use APN Backup and Restore from the Market you should be able to backup the APNs and then edit them with a text editor. Then just restore those APNs.

Phone
    Droid Pro(rooted)

hi i was wondering if somebody could possibly help me with my droid x on GB .595 with cricket service? my problem is i cant send or get mms? any suggestion's? ive done the apn and ##program and all that it just wont work. i was on 2.2.1 liberty 2.0.1 and it all worked just fine.

TY

Z

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

I am also having problems with Gingerbread and the Droid 2 with the 45 dollar plan.

With the Android plan it works fine. Which one are you on?

Phone
    HTC ERIS

What is the advantage or disadvantage of having your flashed droid on the $45.00 or $55.00 plan. I'm looking to flash my droid over, but am trying to figure out which method will work best long term.

Phone
    DroidX Apex rom2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Jay@Mobilis View Post
    What is the advantage or disadvantage of having your flashed droid on the $45.00 or $55.00 plan. I'm looking to flash my droid over, but am trying to figure out which method will work best long term.
    well i personally never been on the android plan ($55) but from what i gathered or read its a whole lot less hassle to setup and probably slightly faster speeds.... im saying that cause my g.f has the android phone/plan but its probably cause she has the ascend doesnt seem that fast to me....
    i personally think the speeds on my droid X ($45 plan) are faster than hers

so if your a newb and want and easy way and dont mind paying 55 get the android plan but if your a newb and do it yourself and have the im not gonna give up attitude till my phone works and i save $10 a month then i say go for the $45 plan...which in time can be frustrating when things arent going as you read they should be...but once you get it....sort of feels good

thats my 2 cents

Phone
    Motorola Droid 2

Not too sure if this will help or not, but if you change the MNC and MCC in your build.prop, you can then use that MNC in your APN without it being hidden.

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

At least they offer you the $45 plan in ur area its 55 and only 55 here lol

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

I have an og droid w/ cyanogen 7.10 flashed to cricket on the $55 plan, but no guide i follow or anything i try (Including the instructions on this page) seems to get mms working. Anybody got any ideas for me?

Nerd
    Phone
    Kyocera Dorado

Cyn 7 had been reported to have mms issues. I had a similar issue on one EVO. Had to reload original ROM to it.
    If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information