Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Overall activity: 0%

I've tryed several different roms including the stock verizon rom, and i can get talk, text and 3g working, but if i try to send a mms message, I get the eternal sending message. If somebody sends me a pic, i get a text from cricket saying my device cannot recieve mms.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Nerd
    Phone
    Kyocera Dorado

Ok, on stock ROM, if it is Froyo, all you need is change MMSC in APNs to
    http://mms.mycricket.com/servlets/mms

. Create the shorcut for Activity and APN via Anycut app.
    Make sure APNs are on (tap on the circle by the apns).
    On Ginger, you first need to delete apns via APN backup and restore app. Then just load what I have attached here. Access APNs shortcut via anycut and enable it. That's it.

Attached Files Attached Files
    If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?

Installed apn backup & restore, deleted apns, installed the file from your post, made sure it was activated... and nothing. Still says sending forever.

Nerd
    Phone
    Kyocera Dorado

Try it on Stock Rom not Cyn
    If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?

OK, Back on stock verizon branded froyo rom, same story. Talk/text and 3g but no mms

Nerd
    Phone
    Kyocera Dorado

then it is an account for sure. Call and ask to refresh mms. Sometimes they drop that feature during the esn change.

Called Cricket and asked her to refresh my mms, she said she would refresh the entire rate plan since she couldn't refresh individual features. Still not working lol. Think this phone hates me.

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Since Cricket updated their system in April, refreshing an account to replace a dropped feature such as mms is no longer possible. You will need to visit a corporate location and ask them to verify the feature is missing from your account and open a trouble ticket to get it added back in. No other way to do it, I'm afraid.
    ** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

I have the droid x, flashed cricket on the 45 dollar plan, this is what I did to get it to work. I flashed the stock .605 sbf file with rsd lite, then used motorola one click root to root it. I set up a virtual serial port with hw VSP, then connected the port to cdma workshop 2.7, then went to security, then put in 000000 (six zeros) in the spc section in the security tab. I then flashed it to cricket using cdma workshop 2.7, writing my min, mdn in the nam tab, writing the prl of my area in the other tab (42900) (I took it from my work, I flash phones for a living) and wrote my nv items, downloaded from whiterabbit.org in the memory tab. Once that was all done, I went to the main tab, and hit mode, then reset. After the phone rebooted, I went back to HW VSP and made sure the phone was still connected. I opened up qpst, and set it up to recognize my phone, then clicked read from phone. I went to the M. IP tab, and double clicked my phone, and made all the numbers in the bottom right corner all zeros, then clicked save. I then went to the ppp config tab and typed cricket as my passwords in the UM, and AN tab. I then clicked write to phone, and my phone reset.

I tested my phone, and it made calls and texts, but web, mms, and apps didnt work... I downloaded the liberty 2.0 rom, it is awesome btw, and installed droid x recovery bootstrap, made sure usb debugging was unchecked under settings; applications; development, and opened up recovery bootstrap, and bootstrapped recovery and rebooted recovery and flashed liberty 2.0 with clockwork rom manager in recovery mode. once that was all said and done, I connected to wifi, and downloaded anycut, and created a shortcut for my apns, and my proxy settings. I also downloaded apn backup and restore, and backed up and wiped out the stock apns. I opened the proxy settings, and made the host wap.mycricket.com with port 8080. and then I went to the rom toolbox in the liberty rom, went to the performance settings, and went to build.prop editor. I changed both the ro.cdma.home.operator.numeric numbers to 310016, and both of the ro.cdma.home.operator.alpha names to Cricket. I hit menu, and then tapped reboot. one the phone was booted back up, I opened up the apn shortcut I created on the home screen with anycut, and pressed menu, then new apn.
    The settings I typed in are working, and are as follows, once again, this is for the 45 dollar plan to work fully on your droid x.

put the phone in airplane mode while doing the following:

Name: Cricket
    apn: internet
    proxy: wap.mycricket.com:8080
    username: myphonenumber@mycricket.com
    password: cricket
    server: wap.mycricket.com
    mmsc:
    http://mms.mycricket.com/servlets/mms

mms proxy: <not set>
    mms port: 8080
    mcc: 310
    mnc: 016
    Authentication type: pap or chap
    apn type: default,mms,dun

I then hit menu, then save.

After that, I opened the dialer, then pressed ##program, put 000000 as my spc code, went to mms/sms settings, changed the mml server name to wap.mycricket.com, changed the address for upload to online album to 111111, and changed the maximum mms message size byte to 1024000.

Now back out, turn airplane mode off, and reboot your phone.
    Now make sure you are connected to wifi, and download greenk45free from the market, and run it, and allow superuser to run it, then press enable.

That is what I did, and my phone is fully functioning on the 45 dollar plan now. I spent a couple days to figure it out. PM me if I confused you. test it once your done, send yourself a mms message, and see if it sends, and recieves, check your browser, and go to a website, run your youtube app to see if your apps are running off your internet, and download an app of your choice from the market. PM me if you have any questions. I know this is long and draggy, but it's what I did to get the 45 dollar plan to make my droid x fully functioned. It's a tad slower from what I've noticed, but hella cheaper.

Customer Since

Sorry, but I'm tired of typing. Copied and pasted this from another post I made on another forum. Here's my problem.

""First off, I am new here. Name is Dennis, but my nickname has always been Skeezix, "Skeeze" for short. If this post is in the wrong place, feel free to move it accordingly. I recieved my Droid to in a bricked state of mind. (the phone, not me) Now let me resurrect the dead. I found this forum via a google search for flashing a bricked droid. ezSBF/linux worked wonders.
    10 starz there!!Then I went to this link..

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1883&nocache=1

...to flash to Cricket. I felt it was too far above my head, as I had just gotten the phone awakened to GB 2.3.4. So I found this...

http://www.robpol86.com/index.php/Fl...oid_to_Cricket

Real simple for a bumpkin like me. I followed the instructions to a "T". Which leads me to where I am now....(there are more things I've learned in my quest, but I'm not sure they are pertinent. ie: framaroot works and z4 doesn't as far as root goes.)

The present:
    Droid works fine on wifi as far as internet goes. What I don't have is 1x or 3x when not on wifi. I can text, (but not pictures), I can call on the phone without wifi. I did change the prl to 35045 from the directed 42900, but nothing changed. I tried to access my apn setting via shortcut using bettercut, but the shortcut says apn app not installed on this phone. I found the app APN manager, which lets me remove, and edit apn, but still no luck. When I go to settings, about phone, status, all the changes are there, but under network, it says unknown.
    I'm afraid to go any further for fear of bricking again and starting over without experienced guidance. "The stupid question is the one you don't ask, and you screw up." (My Dad) So here goes...

Do need to start over and try and install a new rom to fix this? or have I missed something simple? I can use the phone for now, so I can be patient for educated responses. I can give any more info if needed.""

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information