Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%

Flashing seemed succesful, but i guess not. Can't call, text, ect

I followed the tutorial given on this forum in the sticky, and everything seemed to go smooth. No errors, nothing. But for some reason, i can't call, text, ect. Is there something extra that i'm supposed to do that i dont know about? I'm pretty new to flashing, never flashed a phone before. On phone info, it shows my number as the phone number, and the MIN is correct and everything, but i can't call, text, do anything with it. Help please?

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Recognized Developer

Phone
    GS3, GNex, RAZR

Have you performed an ESN/MEID change? You need to register the phones ESN/MEID with Cricket in order for them to allow service on that particular phone. Your description makes it seem like you haven't yet...

Is the 3G logo visible in the status bar? What plan are you on currently?

i'm using the $45 plan and no i haven't done that, i wasn't aware i had to lol i thought i just transfer all the stuff over then it works. So i have to bring it to a cricket dealer, or is there any way i can do that myself? I don't live anywhere near a cricket dealer, and i want the phone to work like now cause the phone i have right now (msgm8) is a huge piece of crap lol

---------- Post added at 01:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 PM ----------

oh and yeah the 3g logo is there

Recognized Developer

Phone
    GS3, GNex, RAZR

Well, considering the plan you're using at this point, you're going to need to find a method to obtain proxy (u2nl/autostart, GreenK45, etc.) for internet to work. The 3G logo showing is a good sign that your data parameters are programmed correctly.

Use
    MEID Converter

to obtain your MEID DEC (use MEID HEX from behind battery for input).

Either call 611 from your old phone and tell them you want to swap phones ($15 per swap, every time) or let CricketUsers do it. Give them the MEID DEC obtained from the converter. Once the change has been completed, your new phone should work (talk/text).

i did the u2nl and austostart.sh thingy, so does that mean that internet will work? and the 15 will be charged into the bill, right? if that's the case, no big deal. if i have to pay any other way, then i cant do it and i guess i'll just have to do it in store

is there any way i can confirm the phone is flashed? because i dont want to pay the 16 bucks up front and it ends up not working. or do they refund the 15 bucks if your phone isnt flashed correctly and it doesnt work?

Thread Information