Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Have everything but 3g

Just flashed my Motorola Droid to cricket, I have everything sms, phone (recieving and placing calls), but I dont have 3g. Did I miss a step, different PRL?? oh yeah, noob here.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%

did you set the APN to work on cricket? if not download anycut and APN back up

Quote Originally Posted by cfle08 View Post
    Just flashed my Motorola Droid to cricket, I have everything sms, phone (recieving and placing calls), but I dont have 3g. Did I miss a step, different PRL?? oh yeah, noob here.
    If you have 1x showing up, then it might be the PRL. I found Cricket EVDO 45510 to be a good one, I found it
    Here

and should give you EVDO in Cricket home networks AND Sprint's national network.

You can also try a national EVDO prl from
    Here.

Just play around and find a good one.

If you do NOT get 1x or 3g symbol, just signal bars, then you likely didn't set the password in the an/um tabs in QPST, which should be 'cricket' without quotes. I'd suggest going back to the tutorial you used and searching for that section to get it exactly correct. (I only have experience with Droid 2 and Droid X to cricket, Droid 1 experience is limited to root/rom flashing and similar support.)

Last edited by skreelink; 03-18-2012 at 08:22 AM.

Overall activity: 4.0%

I have a fully flashed Moto Droid to cricket with the 42900 .prl. I have followed all the steps I have found everywhere and after finally more than a week I must ask for help. I have done everything according to the tutorials and still don't have mms or internet. I have voice and text and also a 3g indicator with a single flashing up arrow. The APN's are right and also I pushed the u2nl files to the correct locations. Still nothing. Running the newest cyanogen rom for the device (stable) on the 2.3.7. Still not a thing. Any ideas? Wrong .PRL for southern Colorado maybe?
    Last edited by Tadslife; 03-19-2012 at 08:05 AM.

Nerd
    Phone
    Kyocera Dorado

Quote Originally Posted by Tadslife View Post
    I have a fully flashed Moto Droid to cricket with the 42900 .prl. I have followed all the steps I have found everywhere and after finally more than a week I must ask for help. I have done everything according to the tutorials and still don't have mms or internet. I have voice and text and also a 3g indicator with a single flashing up arrow. The APN's are right and also I pushed the u2nl files to the correct locations. Still nothing. Running the newest cyanogen rom for the device (stable) on the 2.3.7. Still not a thing. Any ideas? Wrong .PRL for southern Colorado maybe?
    CO is alright for almost any prl. What you do not have is a correct plan.
    Now, if you want to use a non-android plan, make sure your autostart and u2nl are working. Make sure Autostart is granted permission after the first reboot. Also, you can try Greenk45 and latest version of busybox is installed.

I am a big proponent of a normal $55 plan. Cricket needs to make money too, so upgrading would be a nice idea.

---------- Post added at 08:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 AM ----------

FYI: APNS are only used for MMS on flashed phone.
    Last edited by Dina; 03-19-2012 at 08:34 AM.
    If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?

Ok so it is on the $55 android plan, that made no difference. Are you saying I should downgrade it back to a $45 and it would work?

Nerd
    Phone
    Kyocera Dorado

$55 Smartphone plan or $55 Android plan? PM me with your phone number and account access code. I will check.
    If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?

It's the android plan. I checked. I even tried flashing the 45110.prl this morning and still nothing. It does give me the 3g logo which i find odd and then just the up arrow.

Nerd
    Phone
    Kyocera Dorado

Master reset it. The reason why 3g shows up is because settings are correct inside. Probably your u2nl or something is blocking it. So master reset and OTA.

ok Thanks for the advice I'll give it a go. I'll post back with any progress so that others can benefit as well. Thanks for the advice.

ok Thanks for the advice I'll give it a go. I'll post back with any progress so that others can benefit as well. Thanks for the advice.
    Are you on the 45 plan? If so, try greenK45, it does the work of the u2nl and autostart without the hassle, you just have to run it at boot every reboot (unless you get the pro version).

Same thing. I am following the guide from
    http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...jl3CXFq0WRiMZA

Am I missing something here? Same exact results. Is there a better guide?

Phone
    Samsung Epic CM9

i tried that same prl and had an issue with it....

Wrecked Johnson

god u2nl here again something brought to light by my friends, to0 and InsaneCain nothing personal to anyone on this thread but it saddens me that their work is so freely tossed around. No wonder InsaneCain left the game

Quote Originally Posted by skreelink
    If you do NOT get 1x or 3g symbol, just signal bars, then you likely didn't set the password in the an/um tabs in QPST, which should be 'cricket' without quotes. I'd suggest going back to the tutorial you used and searching for that section to get it exactly correct. (I only have experience with Droid 2 and Droid X to cricket, Droid 1 experience is limited to root/rom flashing and similar support.)
    i think that's my problem, because i'm not getting a 1x or 3g symbol and only bars. when i was trying to set the password in the an/um tabs, it wouldn't let me write and it would say "roaming list file is empty" or something like that. do you know how i can get around that?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information