Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 1.0%

Where can i activate a noncricket phone?

Hi i have a motorola droid (a855) that i have flashed to the cricket network but i havnt activated it yet. My only problem is that the only actual cricket stores are about 3 hours away. I was wondering if any of the stores they list as retailers such as best buy and target would be able to activate my phone. I tried the automated service and they tell me the esn is not recognized.(My guess is that its because the phone was for verizon) Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 34.0%
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Quote Originally Posted by D.j. Kale View Post
    Hi i have a motorola droid (a855) that i have flashed to the cricket network but i havnt activated it yet. My only problem is that the only actual cricket stores are about 3 hours away. I was wondering if any of the stores they list as retailers such as best buy and target would be able to activate my phone. I tried the automated service and they tell me the esn is not recognized.(My guess is that its because the phone was for verizon) Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    As far as I know the big box retailers don't activate flashed phones. Look for authorized dealers and full service dealers, they should be able to help.

Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk 2

Nerd
    Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    Kyocera Dorado

You will not be able to activate it in your area. Even if you manage to somehow activate, it won't have your local area code, and internet will be slow.
    If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?

well they have good coverage all around my area, like the whole northeast side of ohio is all green and all red for data, just no actual cricket stores...its all target, dollar general, and best buy. But i dont think any of them will activate it. The only thing i havnt tried was actually talking to a representative but i figured if the automated service didnt work that that wouldnt either.

And i actually found out about cricket from some people at work who went to best buy and bought cricket phones which probably made this a lot easier for them. I myself am not a fan of the phones they have, but they all have good 3g and local area codes.(They use the 55$ android plan which is what im trying to get set up on)
    Last edited by D.j. Kale; 04-24-2012 at 06:45 PM.

Overall activity: 34.0%
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury

well they have good coverage all around my area, like the whole northeast side of ohio is all green and all red for data, just no actual cricket stores...its all target, dollar general, and best buy. But i dont think any of them will activate it. The only thing i havnt tried was actually talking to a representative but i figured if the automated service didnt work that that wouldnt either.

And i actually found out about cricket from some people at work who went to best buy and bought cricket phones which probably made this a lot easier for them. I myself am not a fan of the phones they have, but they all have good 3g and local area codes.(They use the 55$ android plan which is what im trying to get set up on)
    Keep in mind you can order through the website too. The Mercury is a damn good phone for the money.

Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk 2

Nerd
    Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    Kyocera Dorado

I am not saying that you cannot get original cricket phone. You can. But cricket will not Activate a flashed phone in your area because it is a paygo market. They will require you to have an original cricket device. Now, you can call and say that you live in Cincinnati or somewhere with actual cricket market, but then after programming the phone, speed will be super slow. Like in 200kbits range.
    If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?

oh see i thought their site said you could activate phones not from cricket when i was checking them out. I saw the android plane and on here i read that no diagonal lines meant they covered flashed phones in the area. But maybe i can drive to PA and get it activated then change my info sometime later in my account settings? i have also been reading on some other sites that getting a live representative and telling them what esn and model phone i have will let them assign a number within 30 minutes.

Thread Information