Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%

re: phone not activating

i just checked and my prl is 42900, and the min and my number are what they supposed to be. i am going to call cricket and check if the guy that got my esn, got it correct in the system.
    but overall i have this with my blackberry it wouldn't program over the air but everything works on it just fine. but here i have to have it call in and activate itself or it wouldn't work. so i don't know.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Phone
    DroidX Apex rom2.0

Quote Originally Posted by xzhenkax View Post
    i just checked and my prl is 42900, and the min and my number are what they supposed to be. i am going to call cricket and check if the guy that got my esn, got it correct in the system.
    but overall i have this with my blackberry it wouldn't program over the air but everything works on it just fine. but here i have to have it call in and activate itself or it wouldn't work. so i don't know.
    Do you have service already ?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by valentinoh View Post
    Do you have service already ?

I did call in and the guy entered my esn wrong so it started working, I then found out internet wasn't working so it took mw a while to figure out how to install the autostart and the u2nl or whatever. Anyways I got internet working . I got a question for you, why is cricket 3g so slow comparing to like verizon I can't even watch a video or anything as apossed to verizon I could watcha video and also listen to something else at the same time almost with no intereptions?

Phone
    DroidX Apex rom2.0

Quote Originally Posted by xzhenkax View Post
    I did call in and the guy entered my esn wrong so it started working, I then found out internet wasn't working so it took mw a while to figure out how to install the autostart and the u2nl or whatever. Anyways I got internet working . I got a question for you, why is cricket 3g so slow comparing to like verizon I can't even watch a video or anything as apossed to verizon I could watcha video and also listen to something else at the same time almost with no intereptions?
    Thats good thats it's working now.. As far as speed, the 45 dollar plan can be slow as it goes through proxy address... Which can lag the speed...I'm on the 40 plan I don't have a problem watching youtube videos though...

A few things that can slow you down Is , make sure you have the latest kernel and baseband for your phone...
    And another simple fix is upgrading to the android plan..for the price I'm paying I'm satisfied with my speeds...

Phone
    droid 2

Hello there, by the way thank you for your tutorials..(Mot Droid 2)... i completed everything listed but when i got to the APNs shortcut my phone still shows that it is locked, everything in the APNs list is grayed out not only that it lists Verizon with a padlock next to it, if im correct i thought CDMAworkshop was supposed to unlock that (i got confirmation that it was unlocked), but unfortunately i am not able to change anything within that shortcut, the one thing about this phone is that it does NOT have a SIM card, would this be the problem? if so what can i do to go around it, or where can i get a card written to work? thank you for your time.

Phone
    DroidX Apex rom2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Zozomale View Post
    Hello there, by the way thank you for your tutorials..(Mot Droid 2)... i completed everything listed but when i got to the APNs shortcut my phone still shows that it is locked, everything in the APNs list is grayed out not only that it lists Verizon with a padlock next to it, if im correct i thought CDMAworkshop was supposed to unlock that (i got confirmation that it was unlocked), but unfortunately i am not able to change anything within that shortcut, the one thing about this phone is that it does NOT have a SIM card, would this be the problem? if so what can i do to go around it, or where can i get a card written to work? thank you for your time.
    Cdma phones do not have sim cards.... for your apn locked problem... Download apn back up and restore from market...open it click backup apn... Then delete all apn then restore the apns then in the shortcut they should be unlock...i leave them deleted and create new apn's let me know if that worked for you

Swyped this from my DroidX using Tapatalk

Phone
    droid 2

thanks for the reply, it was almost too easy APN is now unlocked,,
    i just wish I can remove the default notice on the slide/lock screen
    that says " Verizon Wireless|No SIM card. "

Attachment 308

Phone
    DroidX Apex rom2.0

thanks for the reply, it was almost too easy APN is now unlocked,,
    i just wish I can remove the default notice on the slide/lock screen
    that says " Verizon Wireless|No SIM card. "

Attachment 308
    Pretty weird as no verizon phones have a slot for simcards...not no my knowledge atleast

Phone
    droid 2

i have a cricket account and used my mdn and min info for the flash is there any way to verify that the flash went through before i call cricket and have them change the phone over?

Phone
    DroidX Apex rom2.0

i have a cricket account and used my mdn and min info for the flash is there any way to verify that the flash went through before i call cricket and have them change the phone over?
    Just dial *228 and see if you get a automated thing saying welcome to cricket it will try to activate but fail cause the esn if not registered with cricket yet....

But other than calling cricket... You should donate to this website (become a member) and they can do the esn change for you ... And many other things for 12.99
    I think it's a win situation seeing as you won't get much support from cricket as you have a flash phone

Phone
    droid 2

i guess it didnt flash over because i hit *228 TALK and it gave me phone activate for verizon, i hope its not the sim card

Phone
    DroidX Apex rom2.0

i guess it didnt flash over because i hit *228 TALK and it gave me phone activate for verizon, i hope its not the sim card
    you enters the min and mdn but Did you flash a cricket prl?

Phone
    droid 2

yes i think the mdn is my phone # and the min is another # , on the prl when using CDMAworkshop i loaded it with 'read' then do you have to hit 'write' or do you just load it and hit write at the end? because i was following the tutorial video and the list and both hit write at the end.

Phone
    droid 2

oh i think thats where i mess up the list says to hit write and then browse my bad, ill try it again

Phone
    DroidX Apex rom2.0

oh i think thats where i mess up the list says to hit write and then browse my bad, ill try it again
    Yeah you had to click write browse for the prl then click write to phone then restart phone through mode> reset on main tab in cdma workshop

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information