Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%

Phone
    droid 2

ok now i went through all the steps again and hit *228 talk and it still sends me to verizon wireless activation . Is it possible to flash this Droid 2 Global without a SIM card? if not do you know where i can get a SIM card?
    Last edited by Zozomale; 06-08-2011 at 04:11 PM.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Phone
    DroidX Apex rom2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Zozomale View Post
    ok now i went through all the steps again and hit *228 talk and it still sends me to verizon wireless activation . Is it possible to flash this Droid 2 Global without a SIM card? if not do you know where i can get a SIM card?
    Well droid 2 global works both ways... Cdma or sim but the flash should be the same as droid 2... I would just read the tut. Again.. When you send the prl In cdma workshop..you do send the spc code? In the security tab? Then send the prl?

Swyped this from my DroidX using Tapatalk

Phone
    droid 2

yes i did it in the same order as the tutorial, this SIM card is starting to worry me, thanks for your replay

Phone
    DroidX Apex rom2.0

yes i did it in the same order as the tutorial, this SIM card is starting to worry me, thanks for your replay
    hmm okay, sorry couldn't help

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Quote Originally Posted by alegalalien View Post
    One small question. Is there a performance or internet speed difference between the $45 and $55 plan ? I dont want to pay more for the same service ya know -thanks
    Surfing with the Android plan should be a little bit faster because it doesn't go through a proxy however, the 1gb limit once hit, will make your phone crawl in my experience.

If you plan to tether with the proxy, you have to set this proxy in your computer also.

Quote Originally Posted by xzhenkax View Post
    hi, i did all like it says in the forum for droid 2, and my phone has to dial the *228 to be activated with cricket, when i dial the number it starts of with cricket but right when it is about to start programing it tells me my phone can not be program and please contact cricket, and i can't do anything else on the phone because it's not activated.

is there a bypass for droids, i know on my blackberry i programmed like this and everything works by i could never get it programed by dialing *228.
    please help me out.
    I've never never never ever ever ever had to dial *228 with an Android phone. Just manually program it all. Put the PRL in there and follow the tutorial. You don't need to receive automatic programming.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

So you went to whiterabbit.org and go the NV items, used QPST to manually put in your phone number, min number, and all the data information?

I think the Droid 2 programs a slightly different way, but I will have to look at that when I get back to the states. Even despite the SIM card and all that jazz I know the Droid 2 Global can be on Cricket. I wish I had one that was unlocked on this trip to Europe. A Tmobile 300 min, 3000 text, unlimited data for 15 GBP card would have been great to have.

Make sure you don't skip steps and don't worry about the dialing *228. Make sure the ESN is on your Cricket account after setup and then try making a call or text.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Phone
    DroidX Apex rom2.0

Quote Originally Posted by chrisngrod View Post
    So you went to whiterabbit.org and go the NV items, used QPST to manually put in your phone number, min number, and all the data information?

I think the Droid 2 programs a slightly different way, but I will have to look at that when I get back to the states. Even despite the SIM card and all that jazz I know the Droid 2 Global can be on Cricket. I wish I had one that was unlocked on this trip to Europe. A Tmobile 300 min, 3000 text, unlimited data for 15 GBP card would have been great to have.

Make sure you don't skip steps and don't worry about the dialing *228. Make sure the ESN is on your Cricket account after setup and then try making a call or text.
    Yeah it's true you don't have to dial the *228

In a way to me it just feels good that a person can do it at home with out paying for the someone to flash it for you....so dialing *228 and hearing welcome to cricket I's assuring ha ha

Overall activity: 1.0%
    Phone
    Motorola DX/D2

Just followed the steps-after reading+watching the vidz twice and taking my time to all the steps as written/shown---Had the Gingerbread leak so used the mms settings on the other thread and blammo*--Everything works like a charm...This forum ROCKS!!!....The adminz ROCKS!!! Signing up with My Cricket Forums was the best thing Ive done for my Droid 2 since Ive got it-seriously!!! Support these guys- They freekin deserve it!!!!!!!!!!!

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Glad to hear it!

I'm still working on getting the MMS working on the 45 plan. I think I made some modification to your account today but forgot. Are you on the 45 or 55? Send and receive works?

Phone
    DroidX Apex rom2.0

Yeah I'm glad I became a supported member also...pretty informative place...

I have mms send/receive on my droid x $45 plan

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Quote Originally Posted by valentinoh View Post
    Yeah I'm glad I became a supported member also...pretty informative place...

I have mms send/receive on my droid x $45 plan

I think you were using bigshotrob's post where he changed the telephony.db and mms.apk? What do your APNs look like. I'm on the Droid 2, but it should be the same. Thanks.

Overall activity: 1.0%
    Phone
    Motorola DX/D2

You did an add a line for me today---it was the $55 plan---fast too thanks-- Yeah I did everything you said on this thread and everything worked the first time around--I couldnt be happier---havnt tried tething yet--but Im not gonna probably use that anyways...Thanks

Phone
    DroidX Apex rom2.0

Quote Originally Posted by chrisngrod View Post
    I think you were using bigshotrob's post where he changed the telephony.db and mms.apk? What do your APNs look like. I'm on the Droid 2, but it should be the same. Thanks.
    I didn't change the mms.apk on the droid x but I did on the hero....

Here are my apn settings
    <?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8' standalone='yes' ?>
    <apns count="3">
    <apn name="Cricket" numeric="310016" mcc="310" mnc="016" apn="internet" user="xxxxxxxxxx@mycricket.com" server="wap.mycricket.com" password="cricket" proxy="wap.mycricket.com:8080" port="8080" mmsproxy="wap.mycricket.com" mmsport="8080" mmsprotocol="null" mmsc="http://mms.mycricket.com/servlets/mms" type="Default,mms,dun" />
    <apn name="cricket" numeric="310016" mcc="310" mnc="016" apn="internet" user="xxxxxxxxxx@mycricket.com" server="wap.mycricket.com" password="cricket" proxy="wap.mycricket.com:8080" port="8080" mmsproxy="wap.mycricket.com" mmsport="8080" mmsprotocol="null" mmsc="http://mms.mycricket.com/servlets/mms" type="Default,mms,dun" />
    <apn name="Cricket" numeric="310004" mcc="310" mnc="004" apn="internet" user="xxxxxxxxx@mycricket.com" server="wap.mycricket.com" password="cricket" proxy="wap.mycricket.com:8080" port="8080" mmsproxy="" mmsport="8080" mmsprotocol="null" mmsc="http://mms.mycricket.com/servlets/mms" type="Default,mms,dun" />
    </apns>

other side notes in my apn shortcut i only have one apn and on the MMS proxy is blank
    port:8080
    mcc:310
    mnc:004
    i also have a proxy shortcut on

hopes this helps you on your quest 
    I posted this on another post here so I hope u don't mind the double posting

I also used apn backup/restore deleted all apn and created a new one with any cut

Phone
    droid 2

can you tell me what the turnaround time is for ESN changes? thanks.

Phone
    DroidX Apex rom2.0

can you tell me what the turnaround time is for ESN changes? thanks.
    It's fairly pretty quick within min. From my experience

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information