Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by chrisngrod View Post
    Did you install the 32 bit or 64 bit Motorola drivers from our download links?
    Hello Crhrisngrod, i just saw what you meant and just now downloaded the 32 bit drivers and am attempting to retry now.

2. Remove this advertisement.

Hello Chrisngrod, ok I go tall the way to the step where Im supposed to input the MIN and MDN, but as I lokked back Im not sure where i saw I was to get that info from. i did the NV link that generated a .txt file. Do I actually have to start and pay for a Cricket account up front, before I can flash this phone or am i missing a step? Thank you in advance!

Overall activity: 19.0%
    Phone
    Droid X

To get a MIN and MDN you do need a Cricket account. The MIN and MDN are assigned to you by Cricket.

Nerd
    Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    Kyocera Dorado

Quote Originally Posted by xzhenkax View Post
    hi, i did all like it says in the forum for droid 2, and my phone has to dial the *228 to be activated with cricket, when i dial the number it starts of with cricket but right when it is about to start programing it tells me my phone can not be program and please contact cricket, and i can't do anything else on the phone because it's not activated.

is there a bypass for droids, i know on my blackberry i programmed like this and everything works by i could never get it programed by dialing *228.
    please help me out.
    Try this: Pull up the dialer and ##PROGRAM+send. Then change Mobile_REV from 6 to 4. Hit ok, then the back button, the phone will reset. Then dial *228.

Hello guys, not sure if this should be posted here on on its own thread but here we go....I have a blackberry on boost mobile and my sister has a droid 2 shes not using that I can have. So Im thinking of flashing the droid to work on cricket because from what ive found it cannot or is a pita to get flashed to boost. What I need to know is where do I start? I want to keep my same number...so I need to go to the cricket store and purchase a phone and phone cards so I can have unlimited everything. But which phone do i get? Can i just get the cheapest one? Do I have to start out on the $55 plan? Or can i go strait to the $45 plan? So i buy the phone and have cricket change over my number, then i take the droid and follow these directions and its easy as that? Will this be fully flashed so ill have access to everything the droid would have if it was on verizon? Thanks for your help!

Phone
    DroidX Apex rom2.0

Quote Originally Posted by smokedog View Post
    Hello guys, not sure if this should be posted here on on its own thread but here we go....I have a blackberry on boost mobile and my sister has a droid 2 shes not using that I can have. So Im thinking of flashing the droid to work on cricket because from what ive found it cannot or is a pita to get flashed to boost. What I need to know is where do I start? I want to keep my same number...so I need to go to the cricket store and purchase a phone and phone cards so I can have unlimited everything. But which phone do i get? Can i just get the cheapest one? Do I have to start out on the $55 plan? Or can i go strait to the $45 plan? So i buy the phone and have cricket change over my number, then i take the droid and follow these directions and its easy as that? Will this be fully flashed so ill have access to everything the droid would have if it was on verizon? Thanks for your help!
    I believe they can add the esn of droid2 so that you dont have to purchase a cheap cricket phone to get the service.... the easy to get going fast is going to be the $55
    plan ....the $45 dollar plan would work a well requires extra steps but yes you are able to get the droid fully flashed...just gna take some tinkering to get the mms going depending o on what rom you use

Swyped this from my Droidx using tapatalk

So i could just call cricket and tell them i have a phone i want turned onto their service? Do i tell them its a droid 2 global?

Sorry guys im really new to this.

Washington, District of Columbia, United States

hey everyone i think im ****ed i got a droid 2 thinking i can flash it and in hardware serial port under vsp it says error i it closes

Nerd
    Phone
    Kyocera Dorado

Quote Originally Posted by samsungtransformer View Post
    hey everyone i think im ****ed i got a droid 2 thinking i can flash it and in hardware serial port under vsp it says error i it closes
    Did you put the phone in a PC mode? Also, try using a different port.

Nerd
    Phone
    Kyocera Dorado

Quote Originally Posted by smokedog View Post
    Sorry guys im really new to this.
    The best thing is to load cricket's prl to it and then take it to the store and activate.

yea i did i tried all the ports under device manager its says no drivers for elimta virtual serial port

can somebody help me?

Nerd
    Phone
    Kyocera Dorado

PM me. I will help you out

Recognized Developer

Phone
    GS3, GNex, RAZR

If you expect help, we need more information than just a vague description of your issue.
    **HELPFUL INFORMATION**
    • OS (Windows XP / Vista / 7) & Device w/ software version ( Droid 2 / 2.2 Froyo)
    • Software being used and version #'s (QPST / CDMA WS / HW VSP / etc)
    • A detailed description explaining how you encountered your issue and what happens when & after the issue occurs
    • Things you have already tried to alleviate the issue
    I understand you have stated which software and device you are using, as well as a vague description of the error occurring, but, we need more information.

You may even consider starting a new thread to discuss this issue...

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread Information