Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%

First off thanks for the site.

I just started a cricket account on their $55 android plan with an Droid 2 (R2D2), should I do the plan change to $45 and if I do will I still get all the features?

I believe I just finished flashing the droid 2, I didn't use Froyo since I wanted to keep the R2D2, my next question is how do I get 3G?

Is it just my area, I can go online without wifi at 1X only.

How do I know which Prl is a good one, right now I just went what they gave me at *228, I live in the Corpus Christi area.

And lastly how do I check my voicemail, when I call mine it tells me to leave a message at the beep like i'm calling myself, thanks.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Nerd
    Phone
    Kyocera Dorado

Corpus Christi is close to triband and also it is under the nationwide agreement market. Might want to use the hybrid PRL. As far as voicemail goes, call *611 to refresh it and make sure your MDN is correct.
    If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?

Thanks for that, I'm using the 45713 Hybrid now.

The next thing I'm trying to figure out is how to root my Droid 2, it's Android version 2.3.3 stock I believe.

Phone
    Droid 2

hi, I flashed my droid 2 for talk and text to get it on the account, they put it on the 35 dollar plan. I finished the flash and I get the 3g icon at the top and for some reason I get data. everything works except for the wifi and mms. I would like to find a fix for the wifi, it connects to wireless but I can't get on the internet with it. should I change my rom? i'm on 2.3.3.

Nerd
    Phone
    Kyocera Dorado

Quote Originally Posted by Longpaw View Post
    hi, I flashed my droid 2 for talk and text to get it on the account, they put it on the 35 dollar plan. I finished the flash and I get the 3g icon at the top and for some reason I get data. everything works except for the wifi and mms. I would like to find a fix for the wifi, it connects to wireless but I can't get on the internet with it. should I change my rom? i'm on 2.3.3.
    When connecting to wifi make sure the password is right. A lot of times it will say connecting...but cannot because the password is wrong. So forget the network once, and redo.
    IF that does not help, reset the phone. You will only need to reload greenk or push autostart again.
    IF that does not help, SBF the phone and reflash.
    IF that does not work, you have a hardware issue.
    If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?

Phone
    Droid 2

whats the data speeds like on the 45 dollar plan? in kbps if possable

Phone
    Droid 2

wifi working

Quote Originally Posted by dina View Post
    When connecting to wifi make sure the password is right. A lot of times it will say connecting...but cannot because the password is wrong. So forget the network once, and redo.
    IF that does not help, reset the phone. You will only need to reload greenk or push autostart again.
    IF that does not help, SBF the phone and reflash.
    IF that does not work, you have a hardware issue.
    was just at mD's got the wifi to work on my phone. the problem seems to be the router. thanks for your help.

Motorola password (16 digits) some one know it ??????? Thanks

Phone
    Droid 4 (XT894)

Hi! First off, I want to personally thank the OP for his awesome instructions! I have used this method at least a dozen times now, with great success. With that said, I have run into one ever-so-small problem....

I purchased a second Droid 2 for my girlfriend to use, since she was using a crappy phone with straight talk.(nothing against them but phone selection lol) Upon successfully completing these instructions for the um-teenth time, and establishing service with cricket as a second line on my account, I am stuck on a 3G data issue. The phone shows 3G connectivity in white, but wont turn to green(fully establish the connection). I re-did the methods all over again plus called cricket to verify. Here's where I got confused.... The rep told me that, both her MIN and MDN were the same number!
    Im guessing that this is the root of my issue, but need confirmation before i go the route of trying to get them to issue her a different MIN.
    Thanks in advance!

Overall activity: 8.0%

Okay, so, I had a huawei ascend on cricket and I flashed my droid 2 over to cricket a couple months ago, but I hadn't activated it yet. Due to a series of very unlikely events, I was unable to pay my bill and lost my phone number. But that droid 2 is still set up on that number. If I bring it in to cricket, can they still activate it with a new number? Or do I have to activate my ascend again and set up the droid 2 all over again?

I'm hoping to take care of this today, so a quick reply would be greatly appreciated! Thank you ahead of time!

followed the tut. to the tee, now i get internet without wifi but cant connect to apps or market. phone, mms also not working. i get the 3g icon. in settings-about phone,
    network=unknown
    mobile network= cdma-EvDo rev A
    service state= in service
    mobile network state= connected
    like i stated above mms and phone wont work.i entered the correct cricket m.i.n # to the droid 2. i did the the installation twice with same results.

Overall activity: 1.0%
    Phone
    Motorola DX/D2

Did you fully wipe data, cache, and Davlik cache before flashing?... The second time aswell??...also are you using a custom rom, because I used Apex on the droid 2 and couldnt get mms to work ....If you did wipe both times I would reboot into recovery and do a fix permissions, see if that works ..gluck

Quote Originally Posted by Tutorial
    11) Go to the NAM tab and in the MIN and MDN(Dir_Number) boxes enter in the info you got from cricKet customer service and click write.
    I'm stuck at this step. I have no NAM tab in my CDMA WS (v3.8). I'm watching the video at the same time and even though it's not technically stated which tab to click on I don't have any tab that matches the one he does click on. TIA!

edit: I had to hunt down a 2.7 version and everything else seems fine so far.
    Last edited by PoopooTickler; 03-02-2012 at 09:34 PM.

This took longer than expected but everything seems to be working just fine. Most of the links are dead due to being hosted on MegaUpload and MultiUpload.

I had to SBF back to 2.2 since z4Root doesn't work with 2.3.
    CDMA 2.7 is the one to use not the 3.5 I originally used.
    Had to change PRLs from the Hybrid Chris likes using to 42900.
    The phone almost got bricked while installing a ROM so had to SBF that. Running stock until I figure something out.
    All in all I had fun flashing my first smartphone. Will be looking towards more in the future now!

Hi there everybody! I am new to this site and I find it very helpful. I have a big question though. I have a Droid 2 Global (A956) Partially flashed to Cricket, so far I only have talk and text, no MMS Internet and no 3G, it is already connected to Cricket in Houston, TX (not sure which PRL I am currently using) I am wondering where would I start in this tutorial to keep my previous items working and get the rest working? Any help would be very much appreciated!!!

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread Information