Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Phone
    Droid 2

Droid 2 cricket web issues

Hello, Im new here and also new to cricket and flashing phones. im very interested in learning more about everything in the phone modding community so im glad to be here.
    anyway,
    Today i flashed my droid following the droid 2 flash to cricket guide in these forums, i got the ESN switched over and i can text and make calls and the 3g at the top bar shows up but i cannot get online, when i go to browser i get directed to cricket web and am prompted to pay $5 for mobile web. i had my web service refreshed and everything but it still goes back to cricket web, its like I'm still on the $35 plan. should i be on the $55 plan? also when i get a mms its sent in a cricket message too and i cant send texts that are longer than 1 page. i can call, text and thats about it. any ideas whats going on or what i did wrong?
    i tried searching without much luck with what im experiencing.
    please let me know, thank you!

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Jumpmaster
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

If you are on the old 35 plan where maybe they included Internet that's fine. You have to be at least on the 45 plan. That requires u2nl / autostart.sh / autostart.apk at a minimum. Sometimes the Anycut proxy method works too.

The 55 ANDROID plan will remove that requirement. Good luck.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Phone
    Droid 2

thanks for the response!
    well i was on the $35 plan but upgraded to the $45 when i flashed the phone. its currently on the $45 plan. when i did my u2nl and autostart i couldnt get the autostart work it kept saying file was missing or non existant in cmd. i had to place abd in platform tools for it to work and i left u2nl and autostart in just the tools folder.. i gave up and then did the anycut method with no luck.

chmod 0755 /data/opt/autostart.sh is when it said file is missing or non existent or something.

im going to try it again, i just dont know how to get autostart in cmd.
    Last edited by indk67k; 05-17-2011 at 07:36 PM.

Phone
    Droid 2

awesome i got it to work!

i read around and added "su" command in command prompt right before chmod files

heres what i did if anyone experiences my problem.
    i took adb, adbwinapi.dll and adbwinusbapi.dll and pasted them into /tools from /platform-tools.
    then ran cmd.
    cd C:\android-sdk-windows\tools <enter>
    adb shell <enter>
    mkdir /data/opt/ <enter>
    exit <enter>
    adb remount <enter>
    adb push c:\android-sdk-windows\tools\u2nl /system/bin/u2nl <enter>
    adb push c:\android-sdk-windows\tools\autostart.sh /data/opt/autostart.sh <enter>
    adb shell <enter>
    su <enter>
    chmod 0755 /system/bin/u2nl <enter>
    chmod 0755 /data/opt/autostart.sh <enter>
    exit <enter>
    exit <enter>
    adb reboot <enter>

3g works great!

now my only issue is mms and multiple paged messeges. cant send or recieve. i already did the mml and upload changes, any clue?
    thanks!

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

I just don't think that Cricket support multi paged messages.

Did you redo the APNs for MMS? Receiving is usually easy. It's sending that gets glitchy.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Phone
    Droid 2

Oh odd, i guess that would explain some things. I thought that normal SMS that were longer than one page were converted to a text MMS, if Cricket doesnt actually support any type of multi paged messege in the first place i guess i have been testing my MMS wrong. LOLOL
    That being said i will mess with my APN settings some more and test it by actually trying to receive and send a picture.

i wonder if i will be able to get texts from people who send me a long messege that exceeds one page? hmm

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

I think they do come in after the other. Not sure though. Also not sure about them being converted to MMS. MMS requires data while SMS does not. Since talk and text is available in more areas, that would be a negative in my book.

Phone
    Droid 2

well it was confirmed that they do come in after the other. im not sure why i thought they were converted to mms in the first place,
    but now it has me wondering why i can send/receive one paged texts but i cannot send/receive texts longer that ecxceed that?
    and still no luck on getting mms to work yet...
    i feel like ive tried every method to get it working but no dice.
    how often is this even a problem on the service side as far as getting my account refreshed?
    Last edited by indk67k; 05-20-2011 at 05:18 PM.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

I think I posted some new APNs on the flashing thread to try out with the 45 plan. I can only get MMS working on the 55 with my Droid 2 (Gingerbread leak).

Sorry if I repeat stuff cause I reply to almost every thread, and it's hard to remember what I've already stated.

3G

How are you guys getting the 3g at the top? Im always getting 1x on my droid 3 i dont know how to get 3g

Thread Information