Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Droid 2 GINGERBREAD APN Settings for MMS (Cricket)

Please refer to this post for the details: http://www.cricketusers.com/verizon-....html#post6442

Comment on Droid 2 specific problems here.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Jumpmaster
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

On the Droid 2 there were some APNs setup already from the leaked Gingerbread Rooted release. They were:

Verizon CBS
    Verizon FOTA
    Verizon IMS
    Verizon INTERNET

You'll notice that these bad boys are locked. What I did was use APN Backup and Restore from the Market to save these. Then I deleted all the APNs. Right after that I restored them.

Good to go. They are all back now and unlocked. Then I modified the Verizon Internet one. If you don't, I think it gives you an error when trying to MMS about the APNs being messed up.

For the 55 Android Plan

Name - Verizon Internet
    APN VZWINTERNET
    Proxy <Not Set> <-- just leave blank
    Port <Not Set> <-- just leave blank
    Username yourphonenumber@mycricket.com
    Password cricket
    Server wap.mycricket.com
    MMSC
    http://mms.mycricket.com/servlets/mms

MMS Proxy <Not Set> <-- just leave blank
    MMS Port 8080
    MCC 310
    MNC 004
    Authentication Type PAP or CHAP
    APN type default,mms,dun

Then I actually made a Cricket APN. Not sure if this is required though. You can play with that on your own.

For the 55 Android Plan

Name - Cricket
    APN internet
    Proxy <Not Set> <-- just leave blank
    Port <Not Set> <-- just leave blank
    Username yourphonenumber@mycricket.com
    Password cricket
    Server wap.mycricket.com
    MMSC
    http://mms.mycricket.com/servlets/mms

MMS Proxy <Not Set> <-- just leave blank
    MMS Port 8080
    MCC 310
    MNC 004
    Authentication Type PAP or CHAP
    APN type mms

I also went to the programming menu (dial ##program and hit send go to sms/mms settings) and changed the mms size limit to 1024000, upload address is 111111, and MML server name to wap.mycricket.com.

Good luck! I'm guessing the Droid X will be similar.

UPDATE: Try this for the 45 plan if you don't have MMS working...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=968582

Please post your results.

Last edited by Chris Rodriguez; 06-07-2011 at 02:47 PM.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Shawn

Hey Just installed gingy root this morning, was able to activate using *22804 calls work + wifi but NOT 3g. Not sure about MMS yet. I downloaded Autostart. What does it do? I went into voice commands, "open APNs" doesnt get me anywhere. How do I get my data back?

BTW im rocking the D2
    Last edited by Shawn; 04-30-2011 at 02:52 PM. Reason: phone type

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Hey Just installed gingy root this morning, was able to activate using *22804 calls work + wifi but NOT 3g. Not sure about MMS yet. I downloaded Autostart. What does it do? I went into voice commands, "open APNs" doesnt get me anywhere. How do I get my data back?

BTW im rocking the D2
    You already had a flashed Droid 2? These threads will probably be moved to the Droid 2 section however you might have lost required portions of your flash. Are you on the 45 plan or 55 Android plan?
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Shawn

$55 android plan

UPDATE: So I was able to get into the APNs. I have changed the verizon internet APN and created the Cricket one you have listed, Still no 3g. Did I miss a step?
    Last edited by Shawn; 05-04-2011 at 01:40 PM. Reason: UPDATE

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

3g is not controlled by these APNs. Make sure you have the right PRL, sent NV items over, and all the data settings are correct in QPST.

Update: If your MMS doesn't work on the 45 plan, try this:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=968582

Overall activity: 1.0%

Droid 2 gingerbread cricket

Hey guys, this might be a little off topic but I have a question. I flashed my droid 2 to the rooted gingerbread firmware. I tested my apps, they work fine, however. Once I go through the proceedure to flash the phone to cricket, lots of apps such as handcent and lookout mobile security instantly force close, they refuse to work at all. I was wondering if anyone else has encountered such problems. I can fully flash it, internet 3g and everything works, but I can really only use the apps that come standard with gingerbread. Anyone else have this problem, or possibly a solution?? thanks in advance

Edit: also I'm on the 45 dollar plan if anyone was curious and the problems happen early on, soon as you finish the cdma workshop steps

Phone
    DroidX Apex rom2.0

Quote Originally Posted by AuroraKnight View Post
    Hey guys, this might be a little off topic but I have a question. I flashed my droid 2 to the rooted gingerbread firmware. I tested my apps, they work fine, however. Once I go through the proceedure to flash the phone to cricket, lots of apps such as handcent and lookout mobile security instantly force close, they refuse to work at all. I was wondering if anyone else has encountered such problems. I can fully flash it, internet 3g and everything works, but I can really only use the apps that come standard with gingerbread. Anyone else have this problem, or possibly a solution?? thanks in advance

Edit: also I'm on the 45 dollar plan if anyone was curious and the problems happen early on, soon as you finish the cdma workshop steps
    Do you have rom manager? If so , run it and select a option that says fix permissions run it let it do it's thing then reboot see if that works for you well go from there

Swyped this from my Droidx using tapatalk

Overall activity: 1.0%

Wow I never noticed that permissions thing was even there. Thanks for the tip Upon further investigation I think it has something to do with the way titanium back-up restores my apps because some apps if I delete them and download them form the market they work. Some I can just clear the cache and they work (handcent). my issue with that is I don't have literal back-ups of all my apps except for thru titanium back-up plus but that's beyond this forums call of duty so I thank you for the quick and meaningful reply Just outta curiosity has anyone ever gotten MMS sending to work?

Phone
    DroidX Apex rom2.0

Quote Originally Posted by AuroraKnight View Post
    Wow I never noticed that permissions thing was even there. Thanks for the tip Upon further investigation I think it has something to do with the way titanium back-up restores my apps because some apps if I delete them and download them form the market they work. Some I can just clear the cache and they work (handcent). my issue with that is I don't have literal back-ups of all my apps except for thru titanium back-up plus but that's beyond this forums call of duty so I thank you for the quick and meaningful reply Just outta curiosity has anyone ever gotten MMS sending to work?
    No problem, Well I can't speak for the droid 2 but I got my droidx fully working on the $45 plan

Swyped this from my Droidx using tapatalk

Phone
    Droid 2

MMS Issues

So, I have followed your instructions perfectly, but MMS still does not work. In my pursuit of finding my error, I reflashed from the beginning, yet Internet, Calling, and SMS only work. I assume since those are working, something must be broken with the APNs, but I cannot find my error.

I have also messed with the ##Program and have found all settings to be correct.

I do notice that when I send a text longer than 160 chars, it fails but sends text similar to this
    {/Q3M #i 7MsL} Az?kt c(hz'Ms<c " ?O:} j I3< ajEOsN_(b GG2, ` ;Qs\cWj GQ1l[ az t<w qzGQt ; az>A.

Anywhere else for me to look? Do I need to open CMDA tools or QPST and check some settings there? If you have no idea, what settings pertain to MMS and I will just mess with stuff.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Things that pertain to MMS are the APNs and sometimes that upload address under ##program needs to be changed to 111111.

Look at the flashing tutorial of the Droid 2 for my full dump of the APNs from my working Droid 2 on the $45 plan. It's on Zombie Stomped.

Oh and on Cricket it seems that multi page SMS usually fails and causes messages like that to be sent.

Phone
    Droid 2

Okay, thanks. I think I finally got it working after a cool third time of redoing everything. I assumed multi-page SMS turned into an MMS so I thought it was still broken. Turns out images work! Thanks for the tutorial! Let me know if you ever need help. I'm a developer that has just got into android so I'd be game to break my phone for the team.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Welcome....Hope you continue to post in the forums!

Phone
    Droid 2

I'll try. XDA is too busy for me. I enjoy the smaller atmosphere.

In other news, Go SMS Pro has the option to split large messages. Now, I have no issues.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information