Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Droid 2 Global flashed but can't make calls

I have a Droid 2 Global and followed the Droid 2 Tutorials. I am getting signal but it keeps moving between full and weak signal and i'm unable to dial *611 or any number and get a cricket autoattendant. I have used several different PRL from this site and they all give me the same result. Am i missing some setting somewhere thats causing this? From what i read, getting calling and texting working should be really easy.
    Last edited by leech; 06-30-2011 at 08:52 PM.

2. Remove this advertisement.

I'm running the Real-Time Network Monitor on CDMA WS and the phone mode keeps cycling through channels and SIDs and trying to register. Is this a problem with the phone or cricket?

Jumpmaster
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

I've never done a Global and wouldn't get one UNLESS someone could give me the unlock code. If I had that when I was in Europe, that would have been awesome.

Anyways, which PRL are you trying and where are you located?
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Yeah, i was in Europe last month myself, would have been nice but i was stuck with a basic GSM feature phone.

I currently have 49027 PRL loaded on the phone. I'm in Wichita,KS.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Try the newest hybrid one. You will lose *228 and other network codes like that, but they really don't matter. You don't need to use them. Call forwarding, you'll have to flash a standard PRL and set it to use. Make sure network is set to automatic in settings > wireless and networks.

Anyways make sure your MIN and MDN are correct also. They're not the same 95% of the time.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

I tried some of the hybrid PRLs in the forums with the same results. Just seems like the radio is unable to register with the tower. I thought there might be a problem with the radio but i'm getting bars showing up as the phone cycles through channels. I have verified the MIN and MDN from cricket so i know they are correct.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Quote Originally Posted by leech View Post
    I tried some of the hybrid PRLs in the forums with the same results. Just seems like the radio is unable to register with the tower. I thought there might be a problem with the radio but i'm getting bars showing up as the phone cycles through channels. I have verified the MIN and MDN from cricket so i know they are correct.
    I want to verify that the D2 Global works, so after work today (5:30 CENTRAL) I could get on Teamviewer with you and run through all the settings. Is this the first time you've flashed a phone? Just curious.

I got it working now. Had to SBF the phone, once i did that and reapplied the flash then everything started working as it should. Thank you for helping me out chrisngrod!!

Thread Information