Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%

need help with getting data to work

hi, i've having some real issues with my phone and have already tried to flash multiple times and i am just not getting 3g or any data connection. I had it working before the cricket outages ocured and i lost it, but i didn't know it was cricket so i flashed it and can't get it back on. also i am stuck with linux right now so i am trying to do what i can and i need some serious help with this.
    so my questions are.
    i can get *228 and it programs to cricket, get calls and text. does that also automatically program prl and the settings for data to where i can just use u2nl tunnelling or even one of the apps you guys did for 45 dollar plan?
    if not. then can you tell me what my settings would be for ##program menu for me to enter and most of them are there from the programing *228 as i understand.
    if i need to flash the prl for preferred roaming is there a way to do it with linux. i got wine working but i don't know how to get virtual serial working with qpst. or is there another application i can use for linux to work with droid for flashing prl?
    Thank you guys again, in the mean time i am trying to get dual boot for win7 and linux working.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Phone
    DroidX Apex rom2.0

Quote Originally Posted by xzhenkax View Post
    hi, i've having some real issues with my phone and have already tried to flash multiple times and i am just not getting 3g or any data connection. I had it working before the cricket outages ocured and i lost it, but i didn't know it was cricket so i flashed it and can't get it back on. also i am stuck with linux right now so i am trying to do what i can and i need some serious help with this.
    so my questions are.
    i can get *228 and it programs to cricket, get calls and text. does that also automatically program prl and the settings for data to where i can just use u2nl tunnelling or even one of the apps you guys did for 45 dollar plan?
    if not. then can you tell me what my settings would be for ##program menu for me to enter and most of them are there from the programing *228 as i understand.
    if i need to flash the prl for preferred roaming is there a way to do it with linux. i got wine working but i don't know how to get virtual serial working with qpst. or is there another application i can use for linux to work with droid for flashing prl?
    Thank you guys again, in the mean time i am trying to get dual boot for win7 and linux working.
    Hey are you getting the 1x aleast?

Swyped this from my Droidx using tapatalk

nothing at all

Phone
    DroidX Apex rom2.0

nothing at all
    And all you have is linux to work with? Thats a tough one idk if you can run virtualization with in visualization, now which version of droid are you using droid/droidx/droid2?

so do i need to update prl ? the ota doesn't do everything? and i do have droid 2, which i am starting to not like much. i do also have macbook available i couldn't find anything to work with it either.

Phone
    DroidX Apex rom2.0

so do i need to update prl ? the ota doesn't do everything? and i do have droid 2, which i am starting to not like much. i do also have macbook available i couldn't find anything to work with it either.
    What prl does your phone have now? the prl its just gna connect you to the right towers...its not gna setup your data... But the problem is you need to connect to qpst and check all the info on your phone make sure its correct....i'd download all the programs/drivers goto a friends house that has windows as I can't help any further if your running linux or mac...wish I could

actually i just checked my about status and i did show it as roaming for a minut with cdma - 1x, now it's not roaming cdma-evdo rev.a. prl 31400. i can get to manual programing on the phone ##program and can check the settings. do you have a website or can you tell me what settings i should have.
    also when i installed the greenk45 app and it did ask me to allow at reboot, i did it for both the options domain and ip. still nothing. i checked the root and it doesn't have the opt folder in data, haven't checked the system yet. but is it how it works?

Phone
    DroidX Apex rom2.0

actually i just checked my about status and i did show it as roaming for a minut with cdma - 1x, now it's not roaming cdma-evdo rev.a. prl 31400. i can get to manual programing on the phone ##program and can check the settings. do you have a website or can you tell me what settings i should have.
    also when i installed the greenk45 app and it did ask me to allow at reboot, i did it for both the options domain and ip. still nothing. i checked the root and it doesn't have the opt folder in data, haven't checked the system yet. but is it how it works?
    http://www.cricketusers.com/verizon-...-internet.html

But your not gna get 3g without the correct settings as prl/nv items/ and xtra settings that need to be right in qpst...though I think nv items need to be sent through cdma workshop...probably can with qpst but idk how
    With greenk45 the opt folder is not needed

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

valentinoh said it right. CDMA WS required for NV items. They do need to have been pushed to the Droid at some point (from whiterabbit.org, Android link).

That PRL is old too I think. Newest one we have is 45513.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Recognized Developer

Phone
    GS3, GNex, RAZR

You need a windows box and CDMA Workshop to push NV items 8040-8043 & 8091, as they determine the string after MDN that populates the web settings. In short, you're very close, but you need to write the NV items using a windows box. Agreed on the PRL as well, use 45513, it works wonderful.

Phone
    Droid 2

I have a similar problem. I have 3g bars, talk and text works, but I still did not get a connection. I have placed u2nl and autostart.sh in the proper folders and have installed Autostart.apk. I rebooted the phone and Autostart requests permissions which I gave to it. I wrote out the PRL and the white rabbit file as well as all the settings. Any potential problems you guys see there?

Recognized Developer

Phone
    GS3, GNex, RAZR

If u2nl / autostart is not working, then there is a problem with your "install" of it.

**CHECKLIST**

• u2nl is located in /system/bin with correct permissions set (aka chmod 0755)
    • autostart.sh is located in /data/opt with correct permissions set (^^^^^^^^^^^)
    • autostart
    Seems like you don't have the permissions set...

Phone
    Droid 2

Quote Originally Posted by mraabhimself View Post
    If u2nl / autostart is not working, then there is a problem with your "install" of it.

Seems like you don't have the permissions set...
    Funny thing. After about 6 hours, data just started working. Very unusual. Any ideas?

Thread Information