Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%

Phone
    Motorola Droid X

Post [Tutorial] Install ICS MIUI ROM v 1.11.9 (CONFIRMED working on DX)

I know everyone's been wondering about ICS and Droid X+cricKet. Well here it is. Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.1. You must SBF to Stock .602 and take the update to .605 here is the link for instructions on how to SBF to .602

DroidModderX -How to SBF Your Droid X Full 2.3.340 & 4.5.602

(Follow the second video)

Step 1: SBF to .602. *NOTE* If your phone boot loops, turn your phone off, then press the Power and Home button till you come up to the Android stock recovery system. Press the Vol Up and Vol Down at the same time to show the menu. Then use the volume button to scroll down to the "Wipe Data/Factory reset" and use the power button to select. Then scroll down and confirm the wipe. It should take a couple minutes and when its down, reboot your device and your boot loop should be fixed .

Step 2: Flash the phone to cricKet BUT DO NOT ROOT THE PHONE JUST YET. (follow the *STICKY* post)

Step 3: Make sure you have a WiFi and go to Settings>About Phone>System Update. You will get prompt asking you download the update. Click "Install". The phone will reboot to the Android stock recovery.

Step 4: Root Your Phone. Download this program to root your DX

PetesMotorolaRootTools_v1.05.zip

Step 5: Download ICS MIUI 1.11.9

DroidModderX -[ROM] ICS MIUI Test 1.11.9

Step 5: Update Superuser, Install Droid X Bootstrap (there's a link on the STICKY post), Download ROM Manager from the Market.

Step 6: On Droid X Bootstrap, click "Bootstrap Recovery" and accept the SuperUser prompt. Then on ROM Manager, click on Flash Clockwork Recovery and make sure you choose MOTOROLA DROIDX (2nd Init). It will download the recovery and flash it.

Step 7: Plug your phone back into the computer and make sure you choose USB Mass Storage. Find the ICS MIUI ROM you downloaded earlier and put it in the root of your SD card.

Step 8: Disconnect your SD Card. Reboot your phone (just to be safe). When your done Rebooting, go to ROM Manager. Click on "Install ROM from SD Card". It will bring you to the root of your SD card. Find the ROM and click on it. It will bring up a prompt with three choices. Click on all three. It will then it will tell you that it will boot into CWM. Click on it.

Step 9: Your Phone will boot into CWM and ROM Manager will automatically Backup your STOCK ROM, Wipe Data/Factory Reset and Wipe Cache/Dalvic Cache. Then it will it will install the ROM. After its done, it will reboot. Congratulations! You now have ICS v4.0.1 MIUI!!!

Step 10: Set up your APNs and your data (if your on the 45 dollar plan).

I haven't found any bugs yet on this ROM. And as with any 2nd Init ROM, the ##program is not available

-EDIT- (1.08.12)

Found a bug in the camera app. The app goes out of focus and when taking a picture. Easily fixable by using a 3rd Party Camera app... I highly recommend Camera ZOOM Fx. Its on sale for $2.99 (40% off!) and you can substitute it for your camera app. Does everything that the stock camera app does and then some!

Last edited by jroxas17; 01-08-2012 at 08:41 PM. Reason: Bugs/Typos

2. Remove this advertisement.

Soo how do you get into the app drawer with this because I cant find it>?

Phone
    Motorola Droid X

lol, MIUI roms don't have app drawers. The default launcher operates just like the Apple homescreen. You can download GO launcher and download the ICS theme if you want the app drawer. :P

Overall activity: 19.0%
    Phone
    Droid X

The ROM isn't full ICS. Its ICS framework. On Encounters ICS build its hard to get MMS working because Apn B&R doesn't work on ICS. I have a successful Mms.apk for this rom. It uses the stock one built in

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Recognized Developer

Phone
    GS3, GNex, RAZR

You can get MMS working on AOSP ICS/CM9.

You are right though, the API used for APN modification that was used in GB is not available in ICS, so none of those apps will work anymore unless they use root priveliges to modify the APN db.

MMS on MIUI using the native MIUI messaging app is even possible, though it is quite a bit of work.

Overall activity: 19.0%
    Phone
    Droid X

Quote Originally Posted by mraabhimself View Post
    You can get MMS working on AOSP ICS/CM9.

You are right though, the API used for APN modification that was used in GB is not available in ICS, so none of those apps will work anymore unless they use root priveliges to modify the APN db.

MMS on MIUI using the native MIUI messaging app is even possible, though it is quite a bit of work.
    Yup! I was able to get the MIUI messaging app that is built into the rom ( I believe its the MIUI one) to work by decompiling and editing it and recompiling it again.

Overall activity: 99.0%
    Phone
    3VO

How do you go back and how do you get in the usb diag mode.

PUSH Down on Power, Volume Down, and Camera Button. Go rsdlite and install sbf. Wipe date and cache because i had a bootloop. Your back
    Last edited by avillal87; 01-13-2012 at 01:35 PM.

Phone
    Motorola Droid X

In some rare cases, after an SBF, you gotta go to the Android Recovery and go and clear the data/cache from there.

Power+Home (after getting to the droid warning sign) >Vol up+Vol down> scroll down to clear data/cache>press power button to select>scroll down to "Yes">hit power button to select>wait for it to finish>reboot device

your boot loop should be fixed.

Overall activity: 99.0%
    Phone
    3VO

I say the Rom is a little glitchy something. It reboot on it own and freeze on me sometimes. I love the Rom but needs more time for more stable Rom. Awesome Rom

Thread Information