Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Phone
    Moto Droid 3

I knew most of this from flashign the original droid however b4 i read thisi was searching for a special button to get into recovery!

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    DroidX Apex rom2.0

Quote Originally Posted by techdigital View Post
    I knew most of this from flashign the original droid however b4 i read thisi was searching for a special button to get into recovery!
    Press home then power, when motorola comes up release the power button when android icon with exclamation comes up release home and press search button....

If on stock gingerbread do the same except instead of search hit both volume keys.... How this helps

Swyped this from my DroidX using Tapatalk

Got it!

I finally did it... All I had to do was re-flash my phone back to stock. Then I followed the guide... but i didn't use a ROM yet... After I got it up and running after the first part I then flashed the ROM to the droid... then I noticed I had signal and 3G but no internet.. thats when I use QPST programmer and then the APN mod. Now I'm all set with talk, text, internet and GPS thanks everyone

Phone
    DroidX Apex rom2.0

Quote Originally Posted by jefrotone View Post
    I finally did it... All I had to do was re-flash my phone back to stock. Then I followed the guide... but i didn't use a ROM yet... After I got it up and running after the first part I then flashed the ROM to the droid... then I noticed I had signal and 3G but no internet.. thats when I use QPST programmer and then the APN mod. Now I'm all set with talk, text, internet and GPS thanks everyone
    Cool, congrats

Swyped this from my DroidX using Tapatalk

Phone
    513-591-8069

i recently flashed droid x to cricket, worked fine, then i rooted, after root, phone keeps rebooting by itself, what did i do wrong?

Phone
    Moto Droid 3

Quote Originally Posted by taybone69 View Post
    i recently flashed droid x to cricket, worked fine, then i rooted, after root, phone keeps rebooting by itself, what did i do wrong?
    I dont think the root is where your problem is, its EXTREMELY IMPORTANT to make sure you erase your data and Cache using the Clockworkmod recovery before changing roms!!!! if not it will possibly loop forever, All is not lost tho, turn off your phone, hold the power button and the 2 volume buttons together this will put you in flash mode, Install RSD lite and get a original SBF for your droid X i recomend 2.2 because if you flash to gingerbread you will be out of luck as far as rooting, Gingerbreak from my experience doesnt work and a number of other things dont work on gingerbread, my rom of choice is APEX 1.4.1,PM me if you need additional help!

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

What ROM are you using and if stock, what version of Android OS?

I'm thinking a full reset might help you out. Just reply to what techdigital asked and my question so we can figure this one out.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Phone
    513-591-8069

ok, by mistake i downloaded the update to 2.3.34, still a noob at flashing & rooting, trying to learn :-(
    after that, was tring to root and by mistake loaded verizons 2.3.34, tried another way of flashing before i found my cricket forum, this changed the flash back to verizon, i got a new sbf and loaded it back to 2.2 and reflashed the phone, thats when it started to reboot over & over :-(

Phone
    Moto Droid 3

ok, by mistake i downloaded the update to 2.3.34, still a noob at flashing & rooting, trying to learn :-(
    after that, was tring to root and by mistake loaded verizons 2.3.34, tried another way of flashing before i found my cricket forum, this changed the flash back to verizon, i got a new sbf and loaded it back to 2.2 and reflashed the phone, thats when it started to reboot over & over :-(
    More then likely its because you need to clear your data and cache before installing a rom! 2ndly are you sure the rom was for a droid X? What rom was it?

NO incoming

now I don't get any incoming? what gives?? i can do everything else.. :/

Phone
    DroidX Apex rom2.0

Quote Originally Posted by jefrotone View Post
    now I don't get any incoming? what gives?? i can do everything else.. :/
    Incoming calls or mms?

Swyped this from my Droidx using tapatalk

Phone
    513-591-8069

ok, got it working again, still not sure what happened there, installed 2.2 sbf and got it working again, then upgraded to 2.3.34 by ota update and was able to keep root, AWESOME, but another problem, everything works exept internet, will work when connected to wifi but not when away from a wifi connection :-(
    by the way, thanks Techdigital & Chris :-)

Phone
    Moto Droid 3

ok, got it working again, still not sure what happened there, installed 2.2 sbf and got it working again, then upgraded to 2.3.34 by ota update and was able to keep root, AWESOME, but another problem, everything works exept internet, will work when connected to wifi but not when away from a wifi connection :-(
    Ok heres what has to happen

First connect wifi and go to the market and get Autostart Root and Script Runner

THen Download Autostart.SH and U2nl They should be in the downloads section of this forum.

Before starting the next step make sure you have the u2nl file in your this folder c:/android/tools and also that you have you autostart.sh file in this folder c:/

Now go to command prompt and type the following commands,
    cd c:\android\tools
    adb shell
    mkdir /data/opt/
    exit
    adb remount
    adb push c:\android\tools\u2nl /system/bin/u2nl
    adb push c:\android\tools\autostart.sh /data/opt/autostart.sh
    Now:
    adb shell
    chmod 0755 /system/bin/u2nl
    chmod 0755 /data/opt/autostart.sh
    exit
    adb reboot

When it restarts as long as u had already installed Autostart Root before the restart you should have working internet and all IF NOT then connect QPST and do this....

open it on the com port 10 read your settings. under MIP mip2,,PPP(Um,AN...etc it should say 6155555551@mycricket.com etc in the right columns....in the bottom box password may need to be written to phone, just type in cricket for both Um and An, cricket is the password.

Also select mobile ip+simple ip under MiP tab
    select write to phone

Phone
    Moto Droid 3

Quote Originally Posted by techdigital View Post
    Ok heres what has to happen

First connect wifi and go to the market and get Autostart Root and Script Runner

THen Download Autostart.SH and U2nl They should be in the downloads section of this forum.

Before starting the next step make sure you have the u2nl file in your this folder c:/android/tools and also that you have you autostart.sh file in this folder c:/

Now go to command prompt and type the following commands,
    cd c:\android\tools
    adb shell
    mkdir /data/opt/
    exit
    adb remount
    adb push c:\android\tools\u2nl /system/bin/u2nl
    adb push c:\android\tools\autostart.sh /data/opt/autostart.sh
    Now:
    adb shell
    chmod 0755 /system/bin/u2nl
    chmod 0755 /data/opt/autostart.sh
    exit
    adb reboot

When it restarts as long as u had already installed Autostart Root before the restart you should have working internet and all IF NOT then connect QPST and do this....

open it on the com port 10 read your settings. under MIP mip2,,PPP(Um,AN...etc it should say 6155555551@mycricket.com etc in the right columns....in the bottom box password may need to be written to phone, just type in cricket for both Um and An, cricket is the password.

Also select mobile ip+simple ip under MiP tab
    select write to phone
    By the way, Scriptrunner is a widget that keeps you connected when you use this method, you can set a timer and it will check for 3g and run the script over and over to keep you connected! USE THIS IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH YOUR 3G GOIGN DEAD and it works again when you restart your phone.

Phone
    DroidX Apex rom2.0

What plan are you on tay...
    You can try greenk45 first ( link is on my signature) ...if that don't work out for you then do what tech said

Swyped this from my Droidx using tapatalk
    Last edited by valentinoh; 06-17-2011 at 09:40 AM.

Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information