Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
    Jumpmaster
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Is NVT disabled on HW Serial Port?
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

2. Remove this advertisement.

yes it is
    see attached hw.jpg

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

For some reason you're not popping up on my live chat or I'd contact you.... Use the support team link at the bottom to start a conversation with me.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Hello guys, I bought my Droid X from ebay, and it was already flashed. Whenever using the internet I only get 1x, in El Paso TX last week though.. I went to Albuquerque NM and I got 3g. My question is why would this happen? right now I followed all the steps and I can call, use the internet and program at *228, but I still don't have 3g. Please help!

Thanks in advance

anyone? help....

Overall activity: 2.0%
    Phone
    Droid X

Quote Originally Posted by miguelsplot View Post
    anyone? help....
    I don't think you should dial *228 on a flashed phone... but maybe you can try switching the PRLs out. Do you have QPST and CDMA workshop?

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

I really hate the constant use of *228. I only use it when I want to pull a new PRL to post on the forum and I do realize that it could do something to my flash that I'll have to fix.

Anyways, I'd try a hybrid PRL. El Paso has had reports of data problems with flashed phones. Nothing really new. South Texas in general is not a place I'd like to visit with my flashed phone honestly. This may change.

Overall activity: 2.0%
    Phone
    Droid X

Quote Originally Posted by chrisngrod View Post
    I really hate the constant use of *228. I only use it when I want to pull a new PRL to post on the forum and I do realize that it could do something to my flash that I'll have to fix.

Anyways, I'd try a hybrid PRL. El Paso has had reports of data problems with flashed phones. Nothing really new. South Texas in general is not a place I'd like to visit with my flashed phone honestly. This may change.
    Hey chris which PRL would you reccomend if I live in South Austin, Texas? I've tried a bunch, including Hybrids but my signal isn't consistent. I have 1x at home and when I go out sometimes I get 3g sometimes 1x and it just varies alot.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

I always use the latest hybrid that I've posted. It might be the radio in your device. Does it have the latest firmware?

Smile Internet on $45 issue

Hey guys, this isn't my first rodeo with flashing phones, but my first with Android, and it's been a great adventure. I had to put my Gingerbread Android (DroidX) back on Froyo, (because of lack of root access) then go through GreenK45, try the XML thing, and even go in APNS and try and manually get everything to work. Still nothing.. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Quote Originally Posted by tctaylor96 View Post
    Hey guys, this isn't my first rodeo with flashing phones, but my first with Android, and it's been a great adventure. I had to put my Gingerbread Android (DroidX) back on Froyo, (because of lack of root access) then go through GreenK45, try the XML thing, and even go in APNS and try and manually get everything to work. Still nothing.. Any suggestions? Thanks!
    Sop

So you're just having problems with the Internet and MMS? There's a prerooted version of Gingerbread for the X. You're using a data profile (number@mycricket.com) from an active Cricket account with WAP? If you're using GreenK45, make sure you have busybox installed.

Quote Originally Posted by kennyfool View Post
    Hey chris which PRL would you reccomend if I live in South Austin, Texas? I've tried a bunch, including Hybrids but my signal isn't consistent. I have 1x at home and when I go out sometimes I get 3g sometimes 1x and it just varies alot.
    This is great! I changed it to a Hybrid PRL 42900 and now the signal is always full with 3g working! excellent thank you very much you guys are the sh*t!!!!!

Hey guys can anyone help me? This is my first flash and ive done everything so far but i get stuck at QPST. My phone never shows up and Im not even sure if im using the right PRL. I currently have a kyocera zio for cricket and im trying to flash my droid x. I live in Baltimore, MD if that helps with the PRL issue. I also went into the settings in my zio and it says that my PRL version is 45626. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Quick question, when you need to generate the "xxxxxxxxx@mycricket.com" that's your number you get from cricket right? And not my old number from Verizon?
    If that's so, then how do you get a plan without having the phone already setup and ready for cricket? I tried going through thier website and it MAKES me order a phone, so I then called one of the local stores and they said that I had to have the phone already flashed and ready, and that in order for me to get a plan without a phone ready I would have to buy a phone with the plan... so I'm kinda confused because it seems the only way to get a plan with cricket is to either activate a phone that's already been through this whole process or to buy a phone from them. Is there anyway to buy a plan (aiming for the 45 plan) without having to have a phone at that moment? I got all the way through all the processes up until I need to flash the NV items from whiterabbit.

Edit: Also, what do I need besides the programs (which I have them all) to do this? From what I understand you have to do an ESN change also but I don't see that part in the directions or reference to it... then again I may be missing something.
    Last edited by volkermord; 11-07-2011 at 08:34 PM.

Overall activity: 99.0%
    Phone
    3VO

One thing shorter is better. When u go to the store them that phone is already flash and waiting for the account to be active. Don't let them take it to the back, they r going to try flash it. When u pay u r set. U need cdma ws and qpst only.

Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread Information