Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%

Hey my droid x does not have the extra settings in the program menu like mms/sms menu and the extras. Does anybody know why? my droid x has a clean esn.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

You are in the right menu? ##program talk from the stock dialer? Are you running a stock ROM?

----- Sent on my Cricket Gingerbread Droid 2 on Cricket (tapatalk)
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

No.. Hell no. I'm on liberty 1.5 rom.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

There is your answer. Not all roms have all stock features. I've heard of good results with that rom.

If I had an X still I'd be on Gingerbread.

----- Sent on my Cricket Gingerbread Droid 2 on Cricket (tapatalk)
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

So. Should I use liberty GB v.05? Or go back to stock? I finally have 3g on it but no mms nor talk. But that's because I haven't put the esn on the network.

Overall activity: 19.0%
    Phone
    Droid X

Quote Originally Posted by Omega90lsr View Post
    So. Should I use liberty GB v.05? Or go back to stock? I finally have 3g on it but no mms nor talk. But that's because I haven't put the esn on the network.
    I found great success with Apex 1.4.1 and now with Apex Alpha 2 GB...I have to admit I love this ROM...I have no problems with that ROM.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Huh.. I have read about it. i'll try it out. but I want to try first Liberty GB v.05 because I want the netflix app to work.

Overall activity: 19.0%
    Phone
    Droid X

Quote Originally Posted by Omega90lsr View Post
    Huh.. I have read about it. i'll try it out. but I want to try first Liberty GB v.05 because I want the netflix app to work.
    I like liberty but for me 3G would take like 10 minutes to come on and was intermittent...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

If anyone is having problems with internet or mms with this guide then you should go here. It helped me with it.

Say buh-bye to VZW: Flashing your Droid X to Cricket or MetroPCS

I did the GB upgrade after much trying. Finally got things up and running somewhat. I have a few questions though. Do you have to re-flash to Cricket or is there a way around this,? I went back to factory settings to wipe, but don't know if you should just wipe using bootstrapper. Don't know if this was a mistake on my part. Most of the info is for verizon Droids. I did some work arounds to get it up.
    The GB version is outdated also. I think 595 is the latest (this guide is for 573). If I now want to upgrade to 595 I believe you have to SBF back and restart the process. I don't want to do this again - took too long the first time especially if you have to reflash to Cricket. Any recommendations?
    Biggest question I have and don't know if this is for the Gingerbread thread or how to flash to Cricket, My 3g internet works, but apps won't. The apps work fine over wifi. MMS, talk, text all work. Nice because I couldn't use MMS before on the previous cricket flash. Any help on getting market and apps to work over 3g? I've been playing with the APN settings to no avail.
    Digg
    Thanks for the guide! Never done any of this before. Probably recommend looking at the videos, I just used the written guide and got stuck on a bunch of things. Mostly on reflashing to Cricket.
    Last edited by dirkdiggler; 05-17-2011 at 10:33 AM.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

If you SBF the phone then you might need to reprogram it. Usually when you are just upgrading roms and wipe, all you have to do is reconfigure the Internet IF you are on the 45 plan (or really anything other than the 55 Android plan).

If your Internet doesn't work now, I'm guessing you're not on the 55 Android plan?

Chris,
    Thanks for the quick reply! My internet works over 3g, but apps don't. I just reflashed my wife's Droid Eris, since I have all the software I need, and she has the same issue. Apps just won't connect, but her browser works fine. For example ESPN just hangs on 3g, but if I turn on wifi it works without problems. I put HD browser on my Droid X and thats works on 3g just fine.
    As for the Gingerbread, from what I've read and I've read alot the past day or so, the 573 version can't be directly upgraded. You need to SBF. Using the 588 version I believe you can upgrade to 595 without having to SBF. Might save a step. I could be wrong though. Using Cricket just adds a few extra steps.
    Digg

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

No problem. I want to upgrade my personal Droid 2 to the newer version of GB, but I don't see a rooted, new release yet.

I'm guessing you are on the $45 plan and using Anycut proxy method and not u2nl / autostart.sh / autostart.apk?

Yes, I'm on the $45 plan and used Anycut to change the APN. Should I try using u2nl? I've played with most the APN settings, going back and forth. Weird that both phones are doing this. Must be a failure on my part.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Anycut method seems to be less and less preferred these days. I would recommend doing the u2nl / autostart method.

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information