Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%

I'll try that one tonight, when I get home. Does the 55 plan really have faster speeds? I might just do that if so.
    Digg

2. Remove this advertisement.

hey chris. I wanna donate for your services how do i do that. I got pay pal, where should i sent it to? webmaster@cricketusers.com? i'm doing it through my green dot money pak.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

I hadn't even heard of this before but webmaster@cricketusers.com would work. Thanks a lot!
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Can i still the supported membership?

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Sure can... I'll be sure to update the subscription manually.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Finally got things setup. Used Autostart and U2NL, still didn't work. By the way the ADB file is in another directory than that in the guide. Deleted APN, rebooted, then restored the APN. Was able to get on to Market and use Apps that required data connection. Had to also do Proxy settings to get my MMS working.
    Chris I think Gingerbreak.apk will root all the new GB versions, could be wrong on that though. Its just one more step after using the already rooted file. I wouldn't take my own advice.
    Thanks for the help - I will donate also.
    Digg

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

I thought most of our tutorials had a note that the directory where adb is located depends on where you installed it on your system. The new ADB should be able to be utilized from ANY directory actually. I have an old version on one computer and a new one on my other.

So is everything working as of now? Did you get autostart.sh / u2nl to function? Once those are in the right folders with the right permissions and autostart.apk is intalled and granted Superuser permission, it should route the Internet through Cricket's proxy. You would also be advised at that time to delete the APN set when configuring Anycut.

Overall activity: 19.0%
    Phone
    Droid X

Quote Originally Posted by chrisngrod View Post
    No problem. I want to upgrade my personal Droid 2 to the newer version of GB, but I don't see a rooted, new release yet.

I'm guessing you are on the $45 plan and using Anycut proxy method and not u2nl / autostart.sh / autostart.apk?
    Gingerbreak should be able to root your gingerbread ROM for you. I believe it doesn't work on the newest GB that is going to be released some time.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Actually in general don't see a newer version ported for the Droid 2. Might start my search. I'm on the original leak.

Overall activity: 19.0%
    Phone
    Droid X

Actually in general don't see a newer version ported for the Droid 2. Might start my search. I'm on the original leak.
    That sux...What about Zombie Stomped?

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...lur-build.html

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Phone
    DroidX Apex rom2.0

hey guys im having trouble getting onto android market im using the autostart/u2nl method....my web works fine its just the market im having trouble with i manually added the files and folder to the specified directory but when i type chmod 0755 /system/bin/u2nl keeps saying " unable to chmod /system/bin/u2nl: Read-only file system???? it lets me chmod autostart.sh but not u2nl once i chmod u2nl hopefully it lets me on the market

**well i got it just had to set permission with mount as Read/Write and the program i used was
    file explorer from android market it was free and worked great....

everything is good on my end...havent checked mms but i dont expect much im good with talk,txt,apps, market

great site
    Last edited by valentinoh; 05-19-2011 at 02:40 AM. Reason: all fixed up and good to go

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Awesome! We're glad to have helped.

If you SBF the phone then you might need to reprogram it. Usually when you are just upgrading roms and wipe, all you have to do is reconfigure the Internet IF you are on the 45 plan (or really anything other than the 55 Android plan).

If your Internet doesn't work now, I'm guessing you're not on the 55 Android plan?
    So, if I SBF my phone then what do you mean by reprogram it, like reflash it to Cricket or what? And also, people say that they need to reactivate their phones by dialing *228 but I've read that that's not a good thing to do if you've flashed your phone.
    If anyone knows about this please tell me, thanks.

Phone
    DroidX Apex rom2.0

if you SBF your phone going back to stock verizon rom...means, yes you have to reflash/reprogram to get back on cricket network...which means you have to put a new rom that supports iptables then you have to load cricket prl with cdma workshop, reprogram your mobile settings in qpst, and so on that describes in the beginning of this forum...ill be glad to help if you need it

and the *228 is fine i believe....cause when you grab a cricket prl it might not be for your market but having that file gets you in the cricket network and when you *228 it gives you your proper prl...so that shouldnt be a problem.....

and correct anything i say if you believe its wrong
    Last edited by valentinoh; 05-20-2011 at 04:56 PM. Reason: untyped thoughts

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Droid X should be able to be flashed to Cricket with the stock ROM. Same goes for Droid 2. I'm not sure if I ever tried to do it with the stock rom on a Droid 1. You don't even have to root these devices if you use the 55 plan.

The SBF, I'm almost 100% sure will wipe the phone number and PRL like you mentioned though.

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information