Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 19.0%
    Phone
    Droid X

FOR ADVANCED USERS: How to get Web and MMS Working on Droid X (CyanogenMod 7)

FOR ADVANCED USERS: How to get Web and MMS Working on Droid X (CyanogenMod 7)

I am writing this guide to help others successfully have working Web and MMS on CyanogenMod 7.

First of all you will need to be on CM4DX before doing any of this. Follow the link
    [ROM][BETA] CyanogenMod 7 for the Droid X

I used TBH monster zip file to get me on CyanogenMod. In his instructions it says to install the zip twice so you can get the .07 radio but I only did it once and stayed on .12 radio.

I have no problems with the updated radio, but the only reason why I didnt flash the zip twice is because I didnt want to flash the phone back to cricket. (Flash once and Cricket flash stays, but flash twice you will have to flash your phone back to Cricket).

Update to the newest Nightly #14....this will take care of theeri, crt animation, MMS and gps issues.

Keep in mind this is still in beta so there will be issues.

Once your phone is booted up use the greenK45 v1.0 - one click 3g internet/market for $45 plan [APP-BETA] greenK45 v1.0 - one click 3g internet/market for $45 plan. (Awesome app, please try and donate)

• Download Autostart root from market
    • Download APN Backup & Restore from the market and use the attached APN's that chrisngrod provided. (Replace X's with your 10-Digit Number)
    • Restart phone and make sure to grant Autostart root Superuser permission.
    • Download APN Manager from Market.
    • Open APN Manager
    • Choose APN List and then Select CDMA-MMS.

• Edit the build.prop. I use android commander to pull the build.prop located in /system.
    • Once you pull build.prop change verizons mcc number from 310004 to cricket 310016.
    • you can rename the ro.cdma.home.operator.alpha to Cricket..Theres 2 places where you have to change it.
    • The easiest way is to use notepad++ and then search for (310004) and then edit the file.
    • Once you have changed verizons mcc number you can delete the original build.prop from /system and then drop the newly edited one in its place. Once this is done reboot you phone
    • Restart your phone and you should have working WEB and MMS.
    Im also attaching a flashable zip that will fix theCamera/Camcorder and Torch
    Camera/Camcorder/Torch Fix for CM4DX

Im also attaching the fix for 1% battery increments (Thanks to razorloves)

Thats how I got it to work for me, but there may be easier ways of doing this.

Thanks to CVPCS and CyanogenMod Team
    Thanks to chrisngrod
    Thanks to mraabhimself for the greenK45.apk
    Thanks to xraytedjim and P3DROID for the camera fix.
    Thanks to razorloves
    If I left anybody else out just let me know. Thanks

edited and formatted by: pixeldotz

Not needed Anymore:
    Download apns-cons.txt
    Rename apns-confs.txt to apns-confs.xml
    Copy newly renamed apns-confs.xml to /system/etc (you can either delete or overwrite the old apns-conf.xml in /system/etc)
    Now rename the Mms.apk to Mms.apk.bak or delete and then replace with the attached Mms.apk.

Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by bigshotrob22; 07-11-2011 at 01:18 PM.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%

I've tried editing the build.promp file with file explorer but it doesn't allow me to save changes.

Overall activity: 19.0%
    Phone
    Droid X

Quote Originally Posted by omgdario View Post
    I've tried editing the build.promp file with file explorer but it doesn't allow me to save changes.
    I haven't tried it with file explorer but try downloading Liberty Toolbox the free version and go into liberty mods, build properties, file editor and pick system build.prop and when you change it from 310004 to 310016 hit the menu button and click save. Remember to change it in both places.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Last edited by bigshotrob22; 07-11-2011 at 01:12 PM.

Thread Information