Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Thread: Battery Issues

Overall activity: 0%

Customer Since
    June 2010
    Phone
    Motorola Droid X2

Lightbulb Battery Issues

First off. thanks to everyone on here. Love this forum.

Second,

Found one thing with this new build they released last month. When I got the build update, my gps went haywire. I had to do a hard reset on my unrooted Droid X. Once I applied the update to a blank phone. everything was fine. I am working on adding apps to see if I can duplicate it. Also had the Green light of death and solved it.

Turns out it is only with the OEM BH5X battery. Turns out that it is misreporting to the phone that the battery has a short and can not be charged. When I placed it on a meter, it showed 1.3 v and 135 ma. So this is how I fixed it.

First to eliminate that the issue was not my phone I tested with a Non Motorola Battery. This will see if the issue is with the phone. Now that we have nailed it down, Don't Panic. You can fix this quickly with either a universal battery charger or a trick I found on another forum that does work.
    Only response I get out of my DX is the green light when I plug it in....

The error is just with OEM batteries. Any of my aftermarket batteries can have lower voltage and amps and the phone sees it fine.

I am glad to be a supporting member of CU and can't wait to start my newest project. Iphone 4

Will keep you posted.

Last edited by mattblack; 03-22-2012 at 11:01 AM.

2. Remove this advertisement.

Thread Information