Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%

CM7 on Ginger Droid no MMS/3G

So I flashed Cyanogenmod 7 on my DX which is has the .602 Milestone root and $45 plan. I used this file: Pooka-CM4DX-GB-20120428 since so far this is the only rom i've been able to flash. For some reason all the others just bootloop on this phone. Anyway, rom is great except no mms and no 3G. The 3G icon dosent even show up. I've tried every variation of mms on this site and others. Gk45 just errors out asking if I see the 3G icon which I dont. I've checked CDMA amd QPST over and over and all looks good. Everything was fine before i flashed the new rom. Also using the same 42600 PRL. I'm at a loss and I'm trying not to experiment too much since this is the daily driver. Anybody got an idea?

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Wrecked Johnson

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

how did you flash the rom and did you wipe your device?

Loaded and flashed D2 bootstrap and Clockwork Droid 2. Full data and dalvik wipe. Rebooted into Clockwork recovery and flashed rom from zip. Flashed Google Apps then reboot. Everything seemed fine.

Customer Since
    Nov 2011
    Phone
    LG G2

I'm on the $55 plan personally and have had no issues flashing roms and having my 3G and MMS work.

There's a youtube video by UPP TV that I used originally before I ran across these forums. It was the one I used to flash my phone over to Cricket and the instructions are pretty detailed.

What settings are you using for your plan?
    Last edited by Stephen Proffitt; 05-20-2012 at 01:10 AM.
    My work on the CDMA Cricket S3 and S4 are now obsolete. Thanks for all the support when I was actively working on them!

Feel free to PM me only after you've posted on the forums.

If you need to buy something from Ebay, please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Wrecked Johnson

This is why I never use Cyanogen garbage

Customer Since
    Nov 2011
    Phone
    LG G2

Cyanogen paved the way for most of the roms we all know and love. They are die hard roms, pretty well maintained, and even though they are missing a lot of features that many roms have, that doesn't make CM garbage.

Wrecked Johnson

LMFAO Cyanogen is garbage core android and their team is garbage too perhaps you need to try some other roms man.

Customer Since
    Nov 2011
    Phone
    LG G2

I run 3 different roms actually. Liberty 3, Gummy, and CM9. I have tried many different ones on a few phones and CM9, CM7, and Gummy are the best I have run across. Gummy is about the best ICS ROM for the DX IMO and they share code with CM9 but is mostly a ground up build. Just saying...
    My work on the CDMA Cricket S3 and S4 are now obsolete. Thanks for all the support when I was actively working on them!

Feel free to PM me only after you've posted on the forums.

If you need to buy something from Ebay, please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Verified Developer

lmao@ CM being garbage, there isnt another AOSP based ROM out that doesnt use CM as a base or kang most of the features from CM. AND I DO MEAN NOT ONE!!!

Gummy is based off CM

AOKP may have started as a its own entity but they have merged most of CM9 into now, so its really just CM9 with more features and oh yea unicorns!!!!

But enough of wasting engery on an iggit that got banned lol.

I have a DX flashed to Cricket (Done myself at that) running an Unofficial CM9 beta by x13thangelx n his crew that runs great IMO.
    Last edited by PlayfulGod; 05-27-2012 at 05:04 AM.

Thread Information