Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Overall activity: 1.0%

Phone
    Hopefully Droid X

Flashing Droid X to Cricket in Tri-Band area?

Hi guys and gals. Brand new to your forums (and flashing in general), and I've searched around a bit but still haven't seen the answer... So here goes:

I live in Las Vegas, NV (89166) and the Cricket coverage map shows the "Tri-Band Required" diagonal lines through the entirety of the city. Is it still possible to use a flashed phone on the Cricket network here? I have a Droid X I'd like to get up and running, but I've seen places that say you can't do that because its only a Dual-Band phone... but that technically you can use it anyway. In my area they have the $55 Smartphone plan (sans the Muve Music which I don't want) that is completely unlimited, so I wasn't sure how it really works. Any help would be incredibly appreciated.

Thanks! Great forums btw

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%

Welcome to the forum!

We do not recommend using a flashed phone in a Tri-Band market.

http://www.cricketusers.com/general-...#axzz1f0jWlTvo

Please note: You can technically use a flashed phone in these areas but it is done at your own risk with the chance of getting your account terminated. You may get switched to a different plan for excessive usage and you won't be able to change plans after that.
    So, the simple answer is that you need to use a Cricket phone in that area.

Phone
    Hopefully Droid X

EDIT: Okay so my little samsung IS a tri-band phone for AWS.

Is that just for data usage? Could I technically put the Droid X on Cricket on my current $35/month plan, and only use it for talk/text (and use wifi when available)? I've had a Cricket phone for quite a long time now, and I'd be surprised if my crappy little Samsung phone is a tri-band phone.
    Last edited by Peaches; 11-29-2011 at 08:37 PM.

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

No it's not just data. AWS is the frequency the phone connects to. For calls text everything. If there was no partner agreement with SPrint, your X would be a dead brick on Cricket.
    ** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

Overall activity: 99.0%
    Phone
    3VO

I live in south Texas and before they had the hybrid. I use to have talk, text, web in 1x but still good. It use to have a Droid x. As long as u do the flash right there will be no problem. Try to get a cricket prl from ur area and sprint. Post them and see if I can help.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by avillal87 View Post
    I live in south Texas and before they had the hybrid. I use to have talk, text, web in 1x but still good. It use to have a Droid x. As long as u do the flash right there will be no problem. Try to get a cricket prl from ur area and sprint. Post them and see if I can help.

You will be roaming on Sprint's network the whole time, and that costs Cricket money. Eventually the phone would probably be disconnected.

Phone
    3VO

They haven't disconnected my phone. Am in a away or triband area.

Phone
    Hopefully Droid X

I'm got the phone for free so if they disconnect in several months then it's no problem. My wides new cricket Score has the latest PRL for our area so I can get that from her phone. I have the tools to do the flash (minus CDMA workshop... Is this required?).I'm not worried about data because wifi is available almost everywhere I go (home, work, etc.). Would I still be able to get talk and text if I didn't change my plan ($35)?

I live in Las Vegas (89108) and I have my Droid X and OG Droid Flashed to cricket and have been using the X for about 4 months now and no termination.
    I'm in the 58 dollar plan though.

"You know, a long time ago being crazy meant something. Nowadays everybody's crazy."

Phone
    3VO

Quote Originally Posted by Peaches View Post
    I'm got the phone for free so if they disconnect in several months then it's no problem. My wides new cricket Score has the latest PRL for our area so I can get that from her phone. I have the tools to do the flash (minus CDMA workshop... Is this required?).I'm not worried about data because wifi is available almost everywhere I go (home, work, etc.). Would I still be able to get talk and text if I didn't change my plan ($35)?
    To answer ur question. Yes u can be on the 35 plan and have talk, text, web, mms.

Phone
    Hopefully Droid X

Interesting indeed. Gonna give the flash a go when I get home from work. Are there any issues with Cricket when requesting to change an ESN/MEID to a standard DroidX number? I know they differ slightly from standard cricket numbers.

droid x.to cricket with roam

I'm hammergunner. I wrote the how to on flashing the droid 2 to cricket. so I've a little headway here. as for roaming I have to work outside my city everyday and it always roaming so far 2 years and so far no disconnect. and cricket will never cut an account without contacting u first after all it is a service u pay for and the last thing any company needs now is public backlass over cutting customers or price hikes plus cricket would be stealing from its customers if it just discconected the account without prier notice

Phone
    Hopefully Droid X

Good input there ^^^

I'm going to attempt to flash it right now... my ONLY other questions is:

Do I call and switch the MEID now or after its been flashed?

BTW... thanks for all the support! You guys have seriously been excellent!

flash

flash the phone first the prl your nv items . apn settings and uour ##program settings once done u will have to go in store to change the phone over and will have to pay the extra.15 for the change over and also they will say u need the android plan and if u don't get it with the phone they have they.won't be held in account if something doesn't work so they will.nag about it but stick your guns an only reaquest a meid change

Phone
    Hopefully Droid X

Finished the flash, called and had ESN changed, but now everytime I try to call or *228 the thing, it tells me "Account could not be verified". The lady on the phone told me to take it in and have them look at it. I used a hybrid PRL and had full signal and 3g working. I figured maybe it was a PRL problem, so I changed it out for a normal Cricket PRL and had no luck. Where to from here?

I know with the hybrid PRL I can't *228 (and don't need to) but I figured it would at least connect me to Cricket so I would hear the message. No such luck Any ideas?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information