Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

How to activate Flashed DROID X at CRICKET?

Hello guys,

I followed the tutorial in which it states that you can flash a Verizon Droid x to cricket. My question is this one: I have entered everything in CDMA and everything went smooth. I have the 3g flashing on and off and I got the Internet working, but I dont have TALK and TEXT. How would I activate it to cricket? I searched online and some people say that Cricket asks for the MEID and that it should be 11 digits.I don't know exactly what they mean by MEID,is it the MEID HEX or the other MEID?because I see 2 MEID in the SETTINGS-ABOUT.... I already have an account at Cricket and I am trying to switch to this phone.

I would really appreciate if someone could lead me to a good direction.

Thanks

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Phone
    EVO 4G

Quote Originally Posted by mandysandra View Post
    Hello guys,

I followed the tutorial in which it states that you can flash a Verizon Droid x to cricket. My question is this one: I have entered everything in CDMA and everything went smooth. I have the 3g flashing on and off and I got the Internet working, but I dont have TALK and TEXT. How would I activate it to cricket? I searched online and some people say that Cricket asks for the MEID and that it should be 11 digits.I don't know exactly what they mean by MEID,is it the MEID HEX or the other MEID?because I see 2 MEID in the SETTINGS-ABOUT.... I already have an account at Cricket and I am trying to switch to this phone.

I would really appreciate if someone could lead me to a good direction.

Thanks
    You are just needing to do an ESN change since you are a current customer. You can pay Cricket $15 to do for you or you can get the admins of this forum to do it for you if you become a supporting member. I think it's $12.99/year and you can do multiple ESN changes and get support through the forum.

The number you need should be an 18 digit number either under the battery or you could look in the phone settings under about phone, etc.

You are probably right.I bought this phone on EBAY and the seller said it had a BAD ESN.So I was expecting an answer like this one.So without the ESN change, I can't transfer my number?How do you explain I have 3g working without talk and text? I still don't get that. Thx tho

Phone
    EVO 4G

I think Cricket and maybe other carriers have a loophole where you can get data once your account info is programmed in the phone, even if you don't have your ESN changed out.

Right about changing your number. You have to switch the ESN's for that.

I guess I would sign up here.LOL.what are the advantages for being a supporting member?I appreciate your input.

Phone
    EVO 4G

The main advantage is up to 3 esn changes per month for 1 year for $12.99. Cricket charges $15 per esn change. Plus, this forum is good people.

Sent from my King's Alliance Evo running 4G data

Overall activity: 2.0%

Not Necessarily

I flashed my Droid to Cricket, alreaady have an account with Cricket, they refuse to activate! They say i'm in the wrong network(2), tat they can only activate it in network 1, whatever that means. By the way, how can i get my esn changed? Will this work with the Straight Talk network? Thanks

Overall activity: 0%

Obviously they just don't know what they're doing. Just become a silver or gold member and request an ESN change, Well worth the money. I even throw em a remote flash now and then just to help the site. then just update in CDMA an QPST using the change info they give you. Straight talk is ATT,Verizon and Sprint.

Thread Information