Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Phone
    Droid X

ICS MMS APNS for Droid X Cricket???

Anyone know what APNs (if any) would work with ICS? I've had to enter them manually since ICS doesn't allow third party apps to write APNs... Right now I am on Kejar's Gummy Dx .9 build but couldn't get them to work on CM9 either...

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%

I'm a noob but why would the APNs change? Could you used the same ones from the tutorial?

Overall activity: 99.0%
    Phone
    3VO

It a different os firmware. Then the stock one.

Phone
    Droid X

Quote Originally Posted by PoopooTickler View Post
    I'm a noob but why would the APNs change? Could you used the same ones from the tutorial?
    I've tried, but no luck. I have to use the Cricket MMS apk for MMS messages, but even that is sometimes flaky. :/

Customer Since
    01/2008
    Phone
    O.G. EVO/ Dinc 2

Use HiAPN Global it has to be a system apk to work so let it reboot and that should work

Sent from my XT862 using Tapatalk

Phone
    Droid X

Quote Originally Posted by Oli Tinsley View Post
    Use HiAPN Global it has to be a system apk to work so let it reboot and that should work

and then what? just set the Gingerbread APNs?

Customer Since
    01/2008
    Phone
    O.G. EVO/ Dinc 2

Whatever service provider apns as in phone company lol

Customer Since
    01/2008
    Phone
    O.G. EVO/ Dinc 2

If you need one let me know

---------- Post added at 10:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 PM ----------

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8' standalone='yes' ?><apns count="1"> <apn name="cricket" numeric="310004" mcc="310" mnc="004" apn="internet" user="*" server="*" password="*" proxy="" port="" mmsproxy="" mmsport="" mmsprotocol="null" mmsc="http://mms.mycricket.com/servlets/mms" type="" /></apns>

---------- Post added at 10:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 PM ----------

HiAPN Global does work with ICS but you have to let it become a system app (it will ask to reboot after the backup and delete apns let it).... then replace the backup with the apn i just gave you and BAM! you got MMS

The backup folder from HiAPN will be in the Mot partition and its called HiDROID.NET open it with notepad on the computer an swap the ones in there with this one I just gave you then go back into HiAPN and restore APNs and thats it your done MMS should work

Last edited by Oli Tinsley; 04-01-2012 at 09:42 PM.

Customer Since
    Nov 2011
    Phone
    LG G2

So I have tried for a few hours. I used the above settings in HiAPN with it being a system app to no avail. I tried manually entering the APN settings into GoSMS Pro and still nothing. Even tried switching off WiFi to get my 3G signal to take over and still didn't work. I've tried the GB settings with no luck as well. I would much rather use an app I can fully understand such as APN Manager Pro if anyone knows of a way to make it a system app.

Phone
    Droid X

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Proffitt View Post
    So I have tried for a few hours. I used the above settings in HiAPN with it being a system app to no avail. I tried manually entering the APN settings into GoSMS Pro and still nothing. Even tried switching off WiFi to get my 3G signal to take over and still didn't work. I've tried the GB settings with no luck as well. I would much rather use an app I can fully understand such as APN Manager Pro if anyone knows of a way to make it a system app.
    I've tried this too, but I can't seem to get it to work... :/ I downloaded HIAPN but it wont even ask me to become system app.... if you have APN Manager Pro you can use titanium back up to convert it to a system app, or you can just go to a file explorer, then go to data/app find the apk and move it to system/data then fix permissions and reboot. Haven't tried this, but if you do let me know how it works.

Customer Since
    01/2008
    Phone
    O.G. EVO/ Dinc 2

Quote Originally Posted by kennyfool View Post
    I've tried this too, but I can't seem to get it to work... :/ I downloaded HIAPN but it wont even ask me to become system app.... if you have APN Manager Pro you can use titanium back up to convert it to a system app, or you can just go to a file explorer, then go to data/app find the apk and move it to system/data then fix permissions and reboot. Haven't tried this, but if you do let me know how it works.
    You have to try to delete the apns and it will ask to reboot let it then it will make itself a system app

Customer Since
    01/2008
    Phone
    O.G. EVO/ Dinc 2

Quote Originally Posted by Oli Tinsley View Post
    You have to try to delete the apns and it will ask to reboot let it then it will make itself a system app

You can't delete the hiapn backup only the contents in it should be replaced with the apn I gave you

Customer Since
    Nov 2011
    Phone
    LG G2

So somehow I managed to brick my phone. Had to sbf back to 605, service program to Cricket, and then reflash Gummy. While walking around Walmart, I got APN Manager Pro as a system app and got the APN setup, but still no MMS even with GoSMS

Note:

APN apps I have tried include APN Manager Pro, APN Shortcut, and HiAPN Global.

I am also using the GB settings and I'm starting to think this is part of the issue.

One other thing: I thought Cricket's MNC was 016
    Last edited by Stephen Proffitt; 04-15-2012 at 01:10 AM.

Customer Since
    01/2008
    Phone
    O.G. EVO/ Dinc 2

So somehow I managed to brick my phone. Had to sbf back to 605, service program to Cricket, and then reflash Gummy. While walking around Walmart, I got APN Manager Pro as a system app and got the APN setup, but still no MMS even with GoSMS

Note:

I am also using the GB settings and I'm starting to think this is part of the issue.

its simple use hiapn to make a backup then connect your phone to the computer and open mot partition then open the hiapn backup with notepad and delete the apn now in another window open the cricket apn with notepad and copy it and paste it inside the now empty hiapn backup file ( do not delete the whole file! ) only the apn inside and replace it! Hiapn needs to keep the file name in order to recognize it! Save and close now disconnect you phone and open hiapn and delete apns and restore, that's it. If that doesn't work for mms then your mms was never working when you flashed your phone!

Customer Since
    01/2008
    Phone
    O.G. EVO/ Dinc 2

Note:

Use the apn exactly as I gave it and this isn't gingerbread so yeah that is an issue

apnlist_backup - Minus

Last edited by Oli Tinsley; 04-15-2012 at 08:20 AM.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information