Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Nov 2011
    Phone
    LG G2

That's odd. The middle one worked even when my APN settings were borked, but with these settings my regular mms works.
    My work on the CDMA Cricket S3 and S4 are now obsolete. Thanks for all the support when I was actively working on them!

Feel free to PM me only after you've posted on the forums.

If you need to buy something from Ebay, please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Customer Since
    01/2008
    Phone
    O.G. EVO/ Dinc 2

I like how customizable this is and I think I'm going to make this my system app and disable the stock one, its not all that great

---------- Post added at 09:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Proffitt View Post
    That's odd. The middle one worked even when my APN settings were borked, but with these settings my regular mms works.
    Well if the one on the end worked then your APNs are set up correctly or it shouldnt work.

Customer Since
    Nov 2011
    Phone
    LG G2

If that were the case then I wouldn't have to manually enter the APN into go SMS though correct? When I say regular mms I'm not referring to the stock app
    My work on the CDMA Cricket S3 and S4 are now obsolete. Thanks for all the support when I was actively working on them!

If you need to buy something from Ebay, please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Customer Since
    01/2008
    Phone
    O.G. EVO/ Dinc 2

Man it doesn't even matter to me. I like GoSMS Pro so much I went and made it a system app and disabled that weak stock one. I got some paid themes and hot damn I love it!

Sent from my XT862 using Tapatalk

Customer Since
    Nov 2011
    Phone
    LG G2

No you're misunderstanding what I mean. I'm thinking if my APN was perfect, stock app would work. Also, all of a sudden GoSMS stopped working and I haven't changed settings. I'm stumped completely...

Overall activity: 1.0%
    Phone
    Thunderbolt

Any luck im running the new gummy 1.02 and tried GoSms i can send now but cant receive. Tried ever thing even the hiapn that was a no go lol.

to make an app a system app, you simply use root explorer, and move it from data, to system apps.. seriously its that easy.
    you have to be rooted to be flashed, so i know everyone is rooted\

Customer Since
    Nov 2011
    Phone
    LG G2

Quote Originally Posted by Matrixk101 View Post
    Any luck im running the new gummy 1.02 and tried GoSms i can send now but cant receive. Tried ever thing even the hiapn that was a no go lol.

I'm seeing mixed results on both Gummy and CM9. Was using Gummy 1.0.1 and am using CM9 4/24/12 build on my Droid X with GoSMS on both. CM9 seems to have the best results for me so far.... Sometimes I have to delete a thread and resend to make it succeed. It's hella weird and I cannot put my finger on why it acts so stupid. I'm also seeing that if you try to send while on a wifi connection, 3G will not pick up at all.

I know this much, I went to a local retailer and talked to one of their flashing guys and he told me that when they have people bring in the Galaxy Nexus they have to roll it back to GB. Sounds to me like Cricket flat out isn't ready for ICS. I've heard this from a few people actually so I'm starting to believe it (the roll back on phones that ship/upgrade naturally)

Side note:
    Liberty v3 2.0, DX stock .605, and CM7 all work on Cricket with no extra config. My Optimus C is running CM7.2 and works great too, so the setting issue isn't on our end.

Closest I have gotten to perfect is this:
    http://www.cricketusers.com/verizon-...html#post61918
    Last edited by Stephen Proffitt; 05-01-2012 at 04:23 AM.

Customer Since
    Nov 2011
    Phone
    LG G2

Official word is that Cricket DOES NOT and IS NOT supporting ICS even though they have device updates coming out later this year.

As of right now, Cricket has no official settings for ICS MMS so for those of you that are sending and recieving MMS on ICS based roms and phones, you are getting it by pure luck.

I went to the corporate store nearest my house today and asked them and they said even though the Huawei Mercury and Galaxy Tab (when they start selling them) are going to receive ICS, as of right now there are no settings that will work. They suggested off the record that I force my phone to roam on a Sprint or Verizon tower to make it work.

Side note:
    The CSR I spoke with was nothing short of amazed and shocked that I had ICS running on my Droid X.
    Last edited by Stephen Proffitt; 05-14-2012 at 07:09 PM.

Customer Since
    01/2008
    Phone
    O.G. EVO/ Dinc 2

This is the best ICS rom availible modded and blacked out!
    Spearmint droid3 Gummyrom + lots of extras - Minus

get HiAPN Global from the playstore to configure your APNS and only this app!

Instuctions.... delete any recovery you have and install the safestrap recovery in the zip folder now make a nandroid backup of your rom with it and place it on your external sd if you have it or whichever sd you do have.
    Delete all data and cache, now go to advance and delete the Dalvik cache and battery stats...READY? Now goto install zip from sd card and install the gummyrom and all the rest of the zip folders in the order they are in ......reboot and wait few minutes, set up your google account and goto the playstore and get HiAPN Global
    install it and make a backup it will want to reboot let it! After reboot reopen HiAPN and make a backup of the APNs now hook up your phone to the usb and go into MOT and open the HiDROID_NET folder and open the backed up apnlist file with notepad and delete those apns and replace with a cricket APN file or type the configuration in yourself save and close. I should'nt have to provide an APN configuration because they are all and over this site! Reboot! Open HiAPN back up and delete apns and restore the backup APN the same as if you were using backup and restore but that doesnt work on ICS because google wont let it so dont try it! NOW MMS works and so does everything else on Android 4.03 ICS now with Cricket $55 everything Android plan ! No setting up anything else DONE
    Your Welcome
    Dont be shy ask questions so others may share the answers
    Pure luck huh lol well I don't seem to have any problems only certain build updates have problems so I stick to nightlys that work for me

Customer Since
    Nov 2011
    Phone
    LG G2

I'll give it a shot when I get home tonight. I decided to go back to liberty 3 because I know it works and I love the customizing that can be done to it. I was running gummy 1.2 and cm9 latest but was only able to send mms and couldn't receive.

Customer Since
    01/2008
    Phone
    O.G. EVO/ Dinc 2

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Proffitt View Post
    I'll give it a shot when I get home tonight. I decided to go back to liberty 3 because I know it works and I love the customizing that can be done to it. I was running gummy 1.2 and cm9 latest but was only able to send mms and couldn't receive.
    I run eclipse when I need stock or axiomcs for ics

Customer Since
    01/2008
    Phone
    O.G. EVO/ Dinc 2

Quote Originally Posted by Oli Tinsley View Post
    I run eclipse when I need stock or axiomcs for ics

That's a themed aokp

Customer Since
    Nov 2011
    Phone
    LG G2

Went to install speargum and ended up having to SBF.... Will try again. I'm just having bad luck or I have bad info how to do this (even though this is all very straight forward). Will try again

Edit:
    Got spearmint gum 3.2.2 off rootz and got it running but still no mms
    Last edited by Stephen Proffitt; 05-20-2012 at 01:12 AM.

I'm running CM9 ICS 4.0.4 and I'm hit or miss on the MMS also. You can always use Google Voice and just use Gmail to see the MMS being sent to you.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information