Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Overall activity: 1.0%

Phone
    Ascend/Merc/Evo 3D

Android Market is now Google Play

So I woke up this morning and to my surprise, I found that the Android Market was gone, and replaced by Google Play. Looks essentially the same. Anyone else notice anything new/changed?

---------- Post added at 08:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:41 AM ----------

Looks like all of google's digital services have been integrated into Google Play.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Phone Whore(;
    Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    Apple iPhone 5

I like it.
    *Please PM me ONLY if you have posted in the forum, and I have not replied. Thank you.*

Wanna know how I became a SuperMod?? I got engaged to the creator of the site. (;

Find devices to flash to Cricket here (refine the search to find the phone model you desire).
    Feel free to donate so we can get more devices to write tutorials on!
    GreenK45 - Automatic proxy setup (u2nl/autostart) for Android flashed phone users on the $45 plan. Now available on the Android Market!

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Hello Android developer,

Today the Android ecosystem took a big step forward with the launch of Google Play, an integrated destination for apps, books, movies, and music. As a developer of Android apps, you are a key part of this new destination.
    While there’s no change to your published products, development workflow, or distribution options, we’re writing to you as a partner to let you know more about the launch.
    Play Store

What is Google Play?

Google Play is an integrated destination for apps, books, movies, and music, available on any Android device and to anyone on the Web.

With the launch, Google Play replaces and extends Android Market — users everywhere can now find all of their favorite apps and games in Google Play, with other digital content, all in one place.

What's changing?

For users and developers, the transition to Google Play is seamless.

Users can sign into their existing accounts with the same credentials as before. They can find their favorite apps and games in our featured lists or browse the familiar top lists and categories. When users are ready to buy, they can do so instantly, using the same payment methods as before.

As a developer, you continue to use the Developer console to manage distribution of your apps just as before. Your accounts, published and draft apps, product information, prices, distribution controls, in-app products, and ratings all remain the same. If you use links to your apps in your promotional materials, those links will continue to bring users to your apps' product pages on Google Play.

What's changing is that we are investing in Google Play as a premium, integrated content destination, to bring more customers to the store and drive more downloads and purchases.

You can start sending customers to your products in Google Play right away. We've published updated
    brand assets and badges

that you can use on your web site and promotional materials.

Welcome to Google Play

With Google Play, we’re investing to give you the customer base you need to build a successful business on Android. As we grow and promote Google Play around the world, we’ll be marketing your apps and games at the same time. Our policies have not changed and our goal is still the same — to give you a great, open marketplace for distributing Android apps.

Learn more

Blog posts:

Introducing Google Play for developers

(Android Developers Blog)

Introducing Google Play for consumers

(Official Google Blog)

Help center topics:

Google Play Developer FAQ

(Developer Help Center)

Google Play FAQ

(Google Play User Help Center)

Overview for consumers:

About Google Play

Point to your app in Google Play:

Brand assets, icons, and guidelines

Check out your apps in the Google Play Store:

play.google.com/store/apps

This was the e-mail I received the day prior.

Last edited by Chris Rodriguez; 03-07-2012 at 09:13 AM.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Overall activity: 4.0%

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

I like the new stuff, for the most part. I HATE how you can't rent movies on a rooted device, though... ugh. At least I have netflix and Flash.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby9058 View Post
    I like the new stuff, for the most part. I HATE how you can't rent movies on a rooted device, though... ugh. At least I have netflix and Flash.
    Nice info. I didn't happen to know that.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Overall activity: 11.0%

Im unable to sign in to my google account so i can't access my market. My lg optimus dosen't have the google play app. Any ideas on how i can sign into my google account? I'm able to sign into both google and google play from my laptop.

Phone
    Ascend/Merc/Evo 3D

you can go to accounts, in the settings menu and sign in to your account from there.

Customer Since
    Aug 2009
    Phone
    iPhone 4

LOL I had a few customers come in and tell me "I DELETED THE MARKET!!"

I thought they were crazy, than another customer told me they changed the name to Play Store.

Phone Whore(;
    Phone
    Apple iPhone 5

For those of you that are having issues on your Motorola devices with the Play Store, Google has released an update fixing this bug.

Google hastily updates Play Store, fixes broken Market on Motorola devices - Engadget

*Please PM me ONLY if you have posted in the forum, and I have not replied. Thank you.*

Wanna know how I became a SuperMod?? I got engaged to the creator of the site. (;

Find devices to flash to Cricket here (refine the search to find the phone model you desire).
    Feel free to donate so we can get more devices to write tutorials on!
    GreenK45 - Automatic proxy setup (u2nl/autostart) for Android flashed phone users on the $45 plan. Now available on the Android Market!

I was in the middle of downloading an app when the pop up for Google Play showed up. I thought the app was spyware until I checked on my PC what Play was/is. My Market icon on my home screen and menu screen are still there. When I'm in the Market I don't see any references to this Google Play.

Customer Since
    Aug 2009
    Phone
    iPhone 4

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Alexander Burwell View Post
    So I woke up this morning and to my surprise, I found that the Android Market was gone, and replaced by Google Play.
    The first thing you do in the morning is access the android market?

Ok I got the Google Play full effect today. First the icon changed then the name so it's all Google Play on my phone.

Overall activity: 11.0%

my account doesnt show up in my settings. i had to do a factory reset on my phone and it was deleted.

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

lol it's an interesting thing they got going.
    granted it's going to take some time for users to get used to the new name
    i missed the old one, keep trying to go to market, end up not finding it and then am like...oh...it's gone. lol

---------- Post added at 10:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 AM ----------

there are hacks for the google movies root problem.

So this is my first android and I have a question about how the play accounts work. I had to do a factory reset the other day, which of course wiped all my apps. They were all freebies so I just re-downloaded them. I'm wondering though, if I'd lost paid apps that way or deleted them to make room on my phone would I be able to download them again free or would would I have to pay for them all over again?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information