Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 1.0%
    Phone
    HTC EVO

App to backup... well, more like help you remember what apps you have installed

Now that my new EVO is FINALLY rooted, I'll be flashing ROMs again. Dug up an app I used to use a lot with my old EVO back when I was using a different ROM every week:

ShareMyApps for Android | AppBrain.com

It'll make a list (with links) of all the apps you have installed send them in an email.

Now, there are quicker and "easier" ways to do this, like I think you can make AppBrain automatically download apps after your flash a new ROM... but I dunno, I kind of prefer to just have a list of the apps I was using, and pick and choose what I add back in and when... so ShareMyApps works great for me.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Jumpmaster
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

I've used Titanium Backup once. I usually just start over. This is a pain when it comes to setting up a bunch of e-mail accounts again though hence Titanium..
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Phone
    HTC EVO

I tried to use titanium backup to bring over Angry Birds progress, and it failed to do that. So you could call me unimpressed by it heh...
    But I don't miss my progress badly enough to restore my stock rom and dig out the score files, so ah well. I'll probably stop playing for a few weeks and pick it up again later, that seems to make the entire starting over thing less boring.

If it's good at saving email settings though, I can see the value in that, needing to punch in a bunch of servers and such can get tedious

Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Ya TB just pisses me off. I cant ever get the right stuff restored.
    ** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

Phone
    HTC EVO

Well, on the up side, it did bring over the scores for Rio and Seasons from my old ROM to mikmik, just not the original for some reason. I even tried to play a few levels then re-restore data using TB, and it reset my progress to none completed... so it's doing SOMETHING with the progress...
    To make things weirder, when I backed up my wife's EVO before flashing her to CM7... it restored the original Angry Birds fine... hm?
    And I had been playing a LOT of plants vs zombies on her EVO (when it was mine) so tried to use TB to bring it over, and... it worked... so it's looking a little better, but like always, do a full nandroid backup if there's anything you can't afford to lose.

Thread Information