Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Google Voice

Supporting Member
    Overall activity: 2.0%

Google Voice

Download Google voice for a few reasons.

Cricket doesn't support Visual Mail where you can download your voice message, pause, rewind, and delete on the fly. Just forward your phone number to Google Voice and you'll have it there as long as you have data service. If you're not in an area where you can get data, then call the number, enter your pin, and it will act like a normal voice mail service.

To use call forwarding no answer, complete the following steps:
    Dial *74 followed by the ten digit phone number (555-555-5555) you would like your calls to be forwarded to.
    Press the SEND button.
    You will hear a tone and your call will terminate automatically.
    All incoming calls to your Cricket phone number will now be forwarded to the number you selected.
    To turn the feature off, dial *740 and press the SEND button.
    You will hear a tone and your call will terminate automatically.
    You will now receive calls as normal to your Cricket phone number.
    Google Voice also allows you to use a second phone number with your phone. You actually need to create one in the same area code as your current phone number for the forwarding to work.

This gives you the option to keep your social life separate from work or whatever. Options allow you to dial out from this second phone number.

NOTE: This is not voice over IP (VOIP). You will be using your standard unlimited cell phone minutes from Cricket.
    Last edited by Chris Rodriguez; 05-26-2011 at 10:28 AM.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Jumpmaster
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Texting While Overseas

Remember that texting overseas or in areas where there is no cell phone coverage is possible with Google Voice. You can also still hear your voicemails too.

Make sure you have the Google Voice app, and use your computer to setup a phone number. If you want, forward your Voicemails from your normal number to your Google Voice number. This will allow you to check voicemails, get them transcribed, and have visual voicemail whenever you have a data connection.
    Last edited by Chris Rodriguez; 05-26-2011 at 10:27 AM.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Google voice awesome I see potential when they fix there glitches and enable alot more features to there product.

Quote Originally Posted by C FLO View Post
    Google voice awesome I see potential when they fix there glitches and enable alot more features to there product.
    Yeah, I wonder what Google is going to bring next.

Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by avenue View Post
    Yeah, I wonder what Google is going to bring next.
    it only uses data.That guy doesn't have a clue what hes talking about. I tested it over wifi in my house which is a dead zone. Ignorance...don't post if you don't understand it. Avenue, try to filter it.

It works through 3g also. Just confirmed it...woooow.way to check.
    Last edited by Thomas Romspert; 05-30-2011 at 04:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Romspert View Post
    it only uses data.That guy doesn't have a clue what hes talking about. I tested it over wifi in my house which is a dead zone. Ignorance...don't post if you don't understand it. Avenue, try to filter it.
    What is the problem?

Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by avenue View Post
    What is the problem?
    It IS VOIP. I've been using google voice for a long time now and did the testing on this phone.I'm suggesting you correct the post.I messaged you back.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Romspert View Post
    It IS VOIP. I've been using google voice for a long time now and did the testing on this phone.I'm suggesting you correct the post.I messaged you back.
    I think you may be referring to the first post in this thread, which was not made by me.

It is talking about regular Google Voice, the way it comes from Google, without making any modifications or using any other apps. So, it does use plan minutes for voice calls, but uses data for text messaging if you are using the application. Remember, with Cricket there is unlimited, so you don't need to worry about plan minutes.

As far as I know, Google Voice doesn't support making calls over wifi or 3g. That means making calls over wifi or 3g is not supported by Google and you would need to set it up yourself.

Does that make sense?

full use of GV on cricket?

hey everyone just wondering can we get the full use out of GV ion cricket or just voicemail and texting? and if so how do i make calls from my GV #? thanks in advance

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Quote Originally Posted by zyrtek69 View Post
    hey everyone just wondering can we get the full use out of GV ion cricket or just voicemail and texting? and if so how do i make calls from my GV #? thanks in advance
    You can make calls from it. All it's doing though is using your data connection to alert GV servers that you want to make a call from it. It uses your normal cellular connection during the call though. It's not VOIP.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

ok well i followed the steps up top and got the voicemail working but when i make a call it still comes from my cricket #?
    Last edited by Chris Rodriguez; 06-23-2011 at 04:23 PM.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

ok well i followed the steps up top and got the voicemail working but when i make a call it still comes from my cricket #?
    You're suppose to use conditional forwarding and you have to have chosen a phone number in the same zip code. *74 is conditional I believe. SO *74+ your phone number.

(ah ha I hit reply with quote and accidentally edited your post somehow)

Quote Originally Posted by chrisngrod View Post
    You're suppose to use conditional forwarding and you have to have chosen a phone number in the same zip code. *74 is conditional I believe. SO *74+ your phone number.

(ah ha I hit reply with quote and accidentally edited your post somehow)
    are you able to get your messages transcribed?

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

are you able to get your messages transcribed?
    They don't get transcribed immediately. It takes a while sometimes.

Let me note that earlier when I said it's not VOIP... It's not VOIP in it's traditional free usage, but can offer VOIP services through other means...

"Google Voice permits Voice Over IP (VoIP) connections through Gmail or Google Talk, but offers no simple way to communicate with users of other VoIP services, e.g. by direct connection between IP addresses or SIP gateway.[44]"
    Last edited by Chris Rodriguez; 06-23-2011 at 07:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisngrod View Post
    They don't get transcribed immediately. It takes a while sometimes.

Let me note that earlier when I said it's not VOIP... It's not VOIP in it's traditional free usage, but can offer VOIP services through other means...

"Google Voice permits Voice Over IP (VoIP) connections through Gmail or Google Talk, but offers no simple way to communicate with users of other VoIP services, e.g. by direct connection between IP addresses or SIP gateway.[44]"
    ok now a new issue.. when someone calls my google voice number it rings once and goes right to voicemail??

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information