Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

My listing of my favorite free and paid apps (rooted and non-rooted)

My Favorite *Free* (Non-rooted Apps):
    Android Assistant - Does many things in one! Essential App!
    Handcent SMS - The BEST text messaging app ever!
    Market - If you don't have the Market, you need it to access Apps.
    Redbox - To rent DVDs and Blurays for Redbox kiosks' in your city.
    Swype - The BEST keypad app ever! Type words without pressing each letter.
    Timeriffic - Turn on/off vibration, ringer and other stuff at certain times you set.
    Voicemail Notifier - If you have a flashed Android, you'll need it to get voicemail.

My Favorite *Paid* (Non-rooted Apps):
    PowerAmp - BOOST the volume of music! It has an equalizer and other cool stuff.
    Memory Booster - Save memory on your Android to keep it running smoothly.

My Favorite *Free* (Rooted Apps):
    Lock Screen - Locks the phone/screen for you with the press of a button.
    No Lock - Eliminates the need to do the "swiping" thing for every text/call you get.
    RootAppDelete - Get Rid of Applications that you can't delete otherwise.
    Open Garden Wifi Tether - Tether your Cricket Internet to hookup to your computer or laptop at home or on the go! Very stable app and works flawlessly!
    ROMManager With Clockwork Mod Recovery - Absolutely essential app to backup your ROM, do flashing, and much more stuff! A must have for anyone who does flashing or for anyone who wants to backup their ROMS for restore later on.

Note 1: The "RootAppDelete" app was the only free app that I didn't include as an attachment because I couldn't find it anywhere online. It's in the Android Marketplace though.

Note 2: I didn't include "PowerAMP" or "Memory Booster" as attachments because those are paid apps that you must purchase on the Android Marketplace.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by erjrsatx; 11-14-2011 at 05:59 PM.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Nice list. Could you edit and tell us what phone you have too, since it's not in your profile?
    ** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3

Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    Nice list. Could you edit and tell us what phone you have too, since it's not in your profile?
    Sure! Just added it.

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Hey guys! I have some more apps I wanted to add for anyone who might need them or for anyone who would like to try them out.

Keep in mind, I'm using these apps on my HTC Evo4G phone, so I don't know if it will work on a different Android phone. It should, but it may not. You can try it though.

My Favorite *Free* (Non-rooted Apps):

APN Manager - I don't know if this app is necessary per se, but for me I believe it is because I am on the $45.00 Cricket plan; I'm using the app GreenK45 (paid - pro version) to get data access on my plan. All I know is with GreenK45 and with APN Manager (and the modified Cricket.xml file) I get my picture texts, so I'm keeping this program installed!

AppInstaller - If you install this program, you will be able to install ANY (.apk) app (that you download or find online otherwise) directly by placing the app you want to download on the root of your SD card. It doesn't have to be placed on the root folder, but that's easiest place to put it. The app, AppInstaller will install any (.apk) app from there without the need to access the Android Marketplace.

Barcode Scanner - I didn't think I would use this app ever, but I find myself from time to time needing to use it. You probably have seen these "barcode-looking-things" on handouts, posted on walls somewhere, and even online. It's very convenient to scan those barcodes instead of typing everything into your browser or phone.

Reduce Photo Size - If you are using Cricket (which we all are), this is an absolutely ESSENTIAL APP! You need this app!

Why? Because as we all know, Cricket doesn't have the ultra-fast speed like the major carriers. We know that things go slower on Cricket sometimes, so it's very problematic trying to send a monster-sized photo using Cricket from your phone to someone else.

What this app will do is very quickly and easily, "compress" a photo that you take or any photo on your phone. It will compress it down to a smaller size that Cricket will be able to send on its network.

Because our Android camera phones take high-quality, large pictures, the downside is that when you're using Cricket, it takes too long to send very large photos, and sometimes (at least for me) it won't even go through at all!

So if you compress the photo down, you'll be able to send the photo with no problem. By the way, I've checked the quality of the compressed photos with this app, and they are actually pretty decent!

Save MMS - Before I upgraded to the Mikg 3.0 ROM, I was on the Jiminy V Cricket ROM. I would have issues with a picture here and there not showing up even though it was downloaded. This app showed ALL pictures by opening the actual app to see the photo(s), even if the picture didn't show up in Handcent.

SMS Time Fix - I was having an issue with the timestamps on my sms messages being off by an hour. Every fix I tried wouldn't work. Once I downloaded this app, I set it to automatically set the sms messages' time to the current time on my phone and the timestamp issue went away for good!

Team Viewer - This app is really nice! Ever needed to access your computer and you are at work or somewhere else? Sign up for an account, install the app, and you'll be able to "remotely" access your computer right from your Android phone for free!

Wifi Analyzer - We've all been in that situation before. You need to access a free Wifi hotspot, but the connection is low or bad. With this app, you can figure out which "direction" you need to walk or move to get the signal stronger. It will show you how strong or weak the signal is in real-time for the wifi connection that you are connected to. By doing so, you'll know where you need to move or walk to get a stronger signal connection.

My Favorite *Paid* (Non-rooted Apps):

Txt Msg Away Message - This is probably my FAVORITE paid app! Seriously. Have you ever needed/wanted to send an "automatic" text message to someone?! This app does it.

I use it for two things mainly: to let people know I'm asleep and to let them know I'm at work.

If my friends text me when I'm asleep, they will get the message, "(Auto reply) Asleep now." If I'm at work, they get the message, "(Auto reply) At work until ____ (time I get off from work). I'll text you back as soon as I can."

The other cool thing about this app is that you can set it to INCLUDE the amount of time you've been, "away." For example: (Auto reply) Asleep now. [Away 3hours, 5 minutes].

SetCPU - Everyone swears by this program so I got on the bandwagon and paid for it and downloaded it. I don't seem to have any issues and I hope/believe it's working to keep my phone in tip-top shape.

*Since these two apps are paid apps, I didn't upload them in this post. You have to download the paid versions in the Android Marketplace.

My Favorite *Free* (Rooted Apps):

Ad Free - If you use a good number of apps, there's a very good chance that you have some apps that have "advertisements" that are present while you are using those particular apps. This is done by developers to keep your app free for use. I don't know about you, but I don't want these ads. This app edits the host file so that you don't even get advertisements on those free apps in the first place.

ES File Explorer - Ever wanted to backup your apps for *free* on your phone? If you're rooted, this app will do it for free and very easily. After install, open the app... then select>>Menu>Manager>App Manager.

Long press (hold down) the app you want to backup and select, "backup." There you have it. The app is now saved to your SD card: free, easy, no hassle.

I don't really use it as a, "file explorer." I just use it to backup apps since many on the Android Market charge for basic app backup.

RootAppDelete - I mentioned this app in my original post above but I didn't get a chance to upload the .apk file since I couldn't find it. I have it here now.

A WORD OF WARNING: Unless you are reasonably knowlegeable, I would advise you not to use this app to "disable" any and all apps on your phone. If you disable certain apps, some features may stop working or you may have other issues that arise.

Only disable apps which you are sure you wouldn't need. Case in point: I had disabled the stock "FM Radio" app since I never really used it. After I did that, I noticed that I stopped receiving "voicemail notifications" from my app, "Voicemail Notifier." I was going crazy trying to figure out what the problem was. I eventually reenabled the FM radio app and after I re-enabled the app, I could now get my voicemail notifications.

So again, only disable apps which you are sure won't cause any issues (like sprint apps, etc).

Screenshot - Simple: take screenshots of your phone. This does it easily and quickly.

Note 1: the only app which wouldn't upload for some reason is, "ES File Explorer." If you're rooted you can download it in the Marketplace for free.

Note 2: If you've never heard of, or never used a free Windows application, "Droid Explorer," then you need it! Google: download droid explorer, and download it because that program is a lifesaver!

With Droid Explorer, you can install apps (.apk files) directly from your computer to your phone! You have to enable debugging mode on your phone first, or the phone won't show up in Droid Explorer.

Once you've enabled debugging mode on your phone, open Droid Explorer and select the icon to the right of the "bart simpson head." The one you want to open is "Batch Installer." From there, you can install any apk app files from your computer directly to your phone.

Enjoy!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by erjrsatx; 03-05-2012 at 09:20 AM.

Overall activity: 2.0%

Thanks for the info and the uploads! You spelled it out so perfectly that a newbie like me can even understand it and follow it.

Overall activity: 3.0%

I keep my screens as minimal as possible - even on my color nook.
    I use SwipePad + addons, to quickly access most of my apps: keepass, Solid Explorer (dual pane file manager with SFTP support), Screenshot ER, and other essentials that need quick access.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....android&hl=en

Apps in the drawer are sorted into folders. Apps accessible from homescreens or SwipePad are hidden. Root apps get their own folder.
    I can't stand clutter.
    cmreo.png

My ADHD, OCD, and minimalistic tendencies keep me from making this an indepth complex post

Thread Information