Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: TuneIn Radio

Overall activity: 0%

TuneIn Radio

I've experienced problems with iHeart Radio, but TuneIn Radio works fine for me. You might want to check it out. It should be in the market.

2. Remove this advertisement.

Phone
    htc evo 4g

It's a really good app, I setup a local Radio Station to work with tunein radio, and they are transmitting 24/7 on tunein radio on android blackberry and iphone, also on wmp or winamp.

Quote Originally Posted by miranto View Post
    It's a really good app, I setup a local Radio Station to work with tunein radio, and they are transmitting 24/7 on tunein radio on android blackberry and iphone, also on wmp or winamp.
    How did you get them set up on it?

Phone
    iPhone 4s

I second the recommendation for this, TuneIn is an awesome app. I was lucky to pick up the Pro Version as a Amazon Free App a couple months ago (which as far as I can tell the only difference is you can record streams), and I use it all the time.

Phone
    htc evo 4g

Quote Originally Posted by avenue View Post
    How did you get them set up on it?
    It's quite simple basically you setup a shoutcast system so that they can transmit online, then you create a ddns that points to your shoutcast's ip address. Finally you register your transmitting address for example "http://myradiostation.no-ip.org" in tune in website (used to register at
    TuneIn: Listen to Online Radio, Music and Talk Stations

) and fill in all the information, in a couple of days ur on the air! via tunein.

Let me know if you need a hand.

...m|raNto

Quote Originally Posted by miranto View Post
    It's quite simple basically you setup a shoutcast system so that they can transmit online, then you create a ddns that points to your shoutcast's ip address. Finally you register your transmitting address for example "http://myradiostation.no-ip.org" in tune in website (used to register at
    TuneIn: Listen to Online Radio, Music and Talk Stations

) and fill in all the information, in a couple of days ur on the air! via tunein.

Let me know if you need a hand.

...m|raNto
    I didn't think it would be that simple.

I always thought they had agreements with radio stations, but maybe that is iHeart Radio. I think iHeart Radio is partnered with the company that owns the radio stations. Is it Clear Channel? I'm not sure, I don't keep up with this stuff.

Thanks for the information.

eliment

If u want to broadcast your station on the app you need to make sure you are set up with a website like loudcaster OR live365 to pay royalties otherwise u risk some stiff penalties...

Or...

You can start a station and play music from indie artists that give u permission to play the music royalty free..like me if you do a search for "TM101 Radio" you can tune in to my station which is one of the best indie hip hop and r&b stations out there. Support Independent Music!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by eliment View Post
    If u want to broadcast your station on the app you need to make sure you are set up with a website like loudcaster OR live365 to pay royalties otherwise u risk some stiff penalties...

Or...

You can start a station and play music from indie artists that give u permission to play the music royalty free..like me if you do a search for "TM101 Radio" you can tune in to my station which is one of the best indie hip hop and r&b stations out there. Support Independent Music!!!!!
    LOL, I'll try to check it out when I have a chance.

Do you make any money from advertisements or anything? You said you can play that music for free, but do you put ads on there?

eliment

No my station is commercial free no ads..the only money i make is from ads on my website..which isnt alot..basically i do it for the love of finding new music and trying ro bring it to the world..i have listeners in over 150 countries..and over 10,000 people tune in each month and i get about 5000 to my website to see all the indie hip hop music videos.. been at it for a year and its been fun

Overall activity: 4.0%

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Or...

I'm actually going to check this out now. We don't have any local underground hip hop stations here. I'm assuming TM101 Radio is the name of the TuneIn station?

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3

I like iheartradio because it has my favorite radio station on there, but I'm going to try out TuneIn radio to see if I like it or not.

eliment

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby9058 View Post
    I'm actually going to check this out now. We don't have any local underground hip hop stations here. I'm assuming TM101 Radio is the name of the TuneIn station?
    Yep just search for "TM101 Radio" on TuneIn Radio and you will find my station... also you can visit my site to see some great indie and underground music vids.. TM101 Radio | Hip Hop Blog | Independent / Indie Hip Hop Internet Radio Station... We got alot of Great Artists in rotation and we won't play anything you would hear on the FM DIAL.. 100% Indie and Underground HIP HOP!!..

eliment

TUNEIN RADIO PRO is free in the getjar app store..that is awesome!!!

TUNEIN RADIO PRO is free in the getjar app store..that is awesome!!!
    Great! Thanks for posting! I'll need to get that tonight.

I'm listening to it right now.

I'm really enjoying the features!

I don't know if this is a "Pro" only feature or not, but I just started using it today.. You can add a song to "My Presets" and then whenever you want to listen to the song you just click on it in "My Presets" and it will list the stations playing that song, other songs by that artist, and related music (in that order). It's really convenient!

Thanks again, eliment!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information