Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 1.0%
    Phone
    Ascend 2

Wantign an App for Scanner and Ham group

I am a scanner and Ham buff. Basicaly I am looking for an app that me and a group can use to alert each other when something is goign on, be it wether, fires, etc etc.
    We have a FB page that we use but it dosen't alert the other members, you don't know about it untell your on FB.
    If there is an app that we can get that allowes for groups, and maybe send a message similar to FB's message app but sends the message to everyone in the group at one time.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Jumpmaster
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Hmm... Can't you group text?
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Phone
    Ascend 2

I am trying to do that now but on all the FB apps that I have found there is no place to send a group message. The ones just for people all have one but the groups don't. Least not that I can find.
    I was hoping that Radio Reference Would make an app but they haven't and there is no talk of it.
    Last edited by Dewmik; 03-13-2012 at 11:11 PM.

Jumpmaster
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

There has to be something that just makes an internal text message group list in most phones. That's how my detachment commander notifies us.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Phone
    Ascend 2

I found a thing that dose group messages. The goal is to send the info with out having to make contact groups in a GMail, . Kinda like a pager or news ticker. I saw one on a friends phone. He's a storm chaser but the app was Black Berry from the NOAA and I don't think it was for the general public to use. Basically what it dose is send him a pop up message with the storm L & L.
    I can't see it as applicable to get 500 plus people to all put the other 499 plus in an email contact list and sharing info with that many people isn't a good idea.
    What I found will work for now to see if others are interested in it. I do wish that we could have used the face book group because it would be all in one spot and you can set FB up to text you when you get a message so if a person doesn't have a smart phone thay aren't left out. But that wasn't possible because it won't alert you to group chats.
    I talked about the idea tonight on HAM. We all listen to the scanners allot. Especially for SkyWarn and ARES. It could be a great tool especially with tornado season here.
    My next step will be to get some people that are on the Radio Reference board included. Their fanatics and all over the country.

Gold Member
    Overall activity: 99.2%

Doesnt go sms, handcent, etc... do group sms?? When i google "group sms apk" a lot of stuff comes up.

Phone
    Ascend 2

Most that I found WOM you could group SMS but you had to have the people's Phone numbers or email and have them in your contacts. This is over 500 people nation wide. No one would want to put an additional 500 people in their contacts. This one that I got each person "joins" and that is it.

Gold Member
    Overall activity: 99.2%

ohhh,i see, something like a messenger program. like BeejiveIM maybe.

Phone
    Ascend 2

Yea. That's why I have set the thing up on Palringo. I was hoping for something a bit more privet. I know that patriots Riders have an App to send Funeral announcements on that works similar to what I am wanting but I don't know where they got it.
    This will work for now. I think that since the idea is still in the work it out stage maybe using Palringo is a better idea untell we figure out a system. I do like that with it a person can put the info either from phone or computer and they have it for Android, IPhone and Black Berry. So it's easy to cover all the bases

Thread Information